Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

My E46 M3 replacement

please say you kept the stock CSL's ... makes for a nice change with the CH's tho... if things couldnt of been repaired on mine I was going for these

(painted minus the chorme with polished lip)

Posted Image

I saw them on an 05 m3 the other day while in checking up on the 46 and I can tell you they look amazing ..

Still have the stock CSL wheels and semi slick Michelin Pilot Cups (brand new set) of course. Just using these for normal road driving.

I didn't get the set off trademe for $2000 - that was the wrong offset and it was 19 x 9.5 in the rear rather than 19 x 10.

I got this set off another fellow M3 owner - he's gone with 20 inch WORK wheels - they came with brand new tyres, so at $3000 all up it wasn't too bad.

I'll still use the semi slicks and OEM CSL wheels on a fine day - they are just too impractical to use on the road and completely useless in the rain.

hybrid - those are nice wheels - not feeling the chrome, but otherwise they are a nice design - I love the multi spokes on a BMW.

Oh and for the curious ... the CSL wheels are "A LOT" lighter than these BBS ...

Edited by M3_Power

Does the added weight of the wheels make much of a difference to the way the car feels?

I like the CHs on most cars, but I think it detracts from the racer look of the CSL, the CSL wheels fit it better. Maybe a 5 spoke design or BBS RS-GT would be better :) But still, $3000 for those wheels plus tyres is a pretty good deal.

Not surprising that you say the CHs are heavier, they're one of the heavier wheels from BBS. RC would be a good choice for lightweight wheels. My 17x8" RCs weighed out at 6.x kg. Did you weigh the CHs and the OEM CSLs?

Does the added weight of the wheels make much of a difference to the way the car feels?

cant relate to this specificness, but changing back from the ACS wheels with a 3kg diff (wheel + tyre) per wheel back to the weaves is definately noticeable. much better!

Guest Spargo

ice design - I love the multi spokes on a BMW.

Oh and for the curious ... the CSL wheels are "A LOT" lighter than these BBS ...

To further this, the wheels offered on the M3 "CS" package, are heavier than the wheels offered on the CSL, even though they are the same BBS RC design, and offered in the same 19" size, so some trickery is involved on BMW and BBS' end.

To further this, the wheels offered on the M3 "CS" package, are heavier than the wheels offered on the CSL, even though they are the same BBS RC design, and offered in the same 19" size, so some trickery is involved on BMW and BBS' end.

Hmm, actually no they are not. The M3 "CS" package offered to the rest of the world like the US and Europe shares the same rear CSL wheels made by BBS in 19 x 9.5 but narrower fronts in 19 x 8 (rather than 8.5). If you check the part numbers the rears are exactly the same between the M3 "CS" and the CSL.

But one thing's for sure, the CSL wheels are very light compared to similar 19s.

Hmm, actually no they are not. The M3 "CS" package offered to the rest of the world like the US and Europe shares the same rear CSL wheels made by BBS in 19 x 9.5 but narrower fronts in 19 x 8 (rather than 8.5). If you check the part numbers the rears are exactly the same between the M3 "CS" and the CSL.

But one thing's for sure, the CSL wheels are very light compared to similar 19s.

That's odd, I read in some magazine that the actual CSL ones were forged, while the CS ones just looked the same but were heavier, presumably cast!

That's odd, I read in some magazine that the actual CSL ones were forged, while the CS ones just looked the same but were heavier, presumably cast!

That was the initial belief from the States - that the CS and CSL wheels looked identical, but were different - until someone cross referenced the part numbers and they turned out to be exactly the same for the rears. As far as we know they are not forged, but might be a semi solid forged construction, hence the light weight.

If you don't believe me check on www.realoem.com The best website for looking up part numbers and getting pictures of how things are put together.

"Oh and for the curious ... the CSL wheels are "A LOT" lighter than these BBS ..."

beat me to it - was going to say that they are bound to add some weight. You'll have to get the passengers to walk or find something else to sling out.

Remember the CSL howl when Top Gear reviewed it on the Isle of Man I believe.

Great motor mate - very envious.

Still have the stock CSL wheels and semi slick Michelin Pilot Cups (brand new set) of course. Just using these for normal road driving.

nice one :)

hybrid - those are nice wheels - not feeling the chrome, but otherwise they are a nice design - I love the multi spokes on a BMW.

yeah not a fan of the chrome either .. but you can get em in any finish you want .. their are some hot metal / brushed finishes out at the moment .. I would take the inner part as the same as my paint and keep the polished lip ... (which isnt chrome) Same as I what I have on the C4 multi's at the moment ...

Would love this finish wise (the below one would suit your CSL to a t)

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

That was the initial belief from the States - that the CS and CSL wheels looked identical, but were different - until someone cross referenced the part numbers and they turned out to be exactly the same for the rears. As far as we know they are not forged, but might be a semi solid forged construction, hence the light weight.

If you don't believe me check on www.realoem.com The best website for looking up part numbers and getting pictures of how things are put together.

Oh I see. Good to hear the CS guys are getting some good wheels too then! RealOEM is the best. :)

nice one :)

yeah not a fan of the chrome either .. but you can get em in any finish you want .. their are some hot metal / brushed finishes out at the moment .. I would take the inner part as the same as my paint and keep the polished lip ... (which isnt chrome) Same as I what I have on the C4 multi's at the moment ...

Would love this finish wise (the below one would suit your CSL to a t)

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

Those DPE wheels are sick.

SOrry for the thread bump. yes I know ... but holy f'ing hell, all those cars are absolutely mint, damn loving those M3s.

bling

but how cool would a $130,000 e30 be

Not that cool Gus!

I love the Pirelli's too. Remember the cold weather disclaimer on them.

Looking forward to seeing it at the track someday soon.

Dude it would be the baddest e30 in the country. I would build somthing like what hybrids doing instead of buying e46 m3 csl straight up. e30 3.2 turbo = real mans bmw or e30 3.8 turbo = crazy mans car

post-746-1172480088_thumb.jpg

Edited by TronSpec

yep Josh you are like a god amoung the New Zealand e30 community.

Bro so envious..... <_<

Edited by Gary

haha I wouldnt go that far .. just a dude who feel in love with the e30 like rest of us .. and wanted to see what was possible in NZ

yep Josh you are like a god

gary.....*insert team america line*