Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

My 540i

1994 540iS 6Spd

Just picked her up tonight, thought she was a bit gutless till i took the traction control off... Dayum, glad it was insalled :blink:

post-1298-1157011396_thumb.jpg

post-1298-1157011409_thumb.jpg

post-1298-1157011420_thumb.jpg

post-1298-1157011429_thumb.jpg

Edited by Charlie Fox

Very nice, loving those wheels!

Thanks man, I dont intend to change em, Never seen a 17 with that much Dish before, Rears are 9", all i've seen in the Beryn Range at 9" was 18s.

They were a Factory Extra at 4k, have the receipts for them :blink: Well Worth it.

Is this the techno violet one from Auckland with quite high Kays??

The wheels are know as Style 5s,I think they are actually E39 wheels and have a 74mm outer dia and 72,4 mm inner dia.Keep an eye on them when changing roadsie punctures or going to the tire shop.Dont know what spare you have but if its a std e 34 wheel and a hubcentric ring is on the hub you wont get the std wheel on.If it is the Auckland one it sure lloks nice,testament to good maintenance.

Haven driven one I cant see how anyone can think they are gutless.Try changing down to third on the motorway at 100 ks and flooring it!

Is this the techno violet one from Auckland with quite high Kays??

The wheels are know as Style 5s,I think they are actually E39 wheels and have a 74mm outer dia and 72,4 mm inner dia.Keep an eye on them when changing roadsie punctures or going to the tire shop.Dont know what spare you have but if its a std e 34 wheel and a hubcentric ring is on the hub you wont get the std wheel on.If it is the Auckland one it sure lloks nice,testament to good maintenance.

Haven driven one I cant see how anyone can think they are gutless.Try changing down to third on the motorway at 100 ks and flooring it!

Yep This is her.. Got a 90 min check done by Jerry Clayton, she is mint. Relative comprssion is awesome, 5, 6 and 8 are down by only 1%

I was saying with the Traction controll, it didnt seem to have much oopmh, ie, wasnt spinning the wheels at all... then i turned it off and yeah lol... plenty of guts. Though my old engine in my old car was pulling 200kw atw and weighed about half as much.

On a closed track condition :ph34r: at 180kph in 4th, it was still pulling hard. Its scary.

Edited by Charlie Fox

you're mates with/live @ whenuapai with dave eh? and have the evo/libero wagon etc?

cool car man! hopefulyl check it out in the flesh next time I'm up seeing that little mongrel

you're mates with/live @ whenuapai with dave eh? and have the evo/libero wagon etc?

cool car man! hopefulyl check it out in the flesh next time I'm up seeing that little mongrel

Thats me,

THe Evobero is no longer, sold her last Sunday. Good bye and Good Riddance.

BMW is where the future is at.

i think the 540 is limited to 155 mph ;0

Sounds about right, not planning to test it on the street though. Bring on a track day.

Guest Spargo

The wheels are know as Style 5s,I think they are actually E39 wheels and have a 74mm outer dia and 72,4 mm inner dia.

They came on E36 / 32 / 34 / 38, so i'm guessing his are factory.

That'll do me - when you've had your fun PM me and I'll give you my delivery address. :D

Very Nice. 14.78 is the fastest 1/4 time I've got. There's your target for the next DYO day.

I'm hoping to go down and race my mates 645i soon, before my R compounds come off.

You'll have heaps of fun. The 9" rears were the better set-up. Brent has it on his 535 too. TC is a wonderful button. You'll see it flashing going into 3rd gear in the wet, no problems.

That'll do me - when you've had your fun PM me and I'll give you my delivery address. :D

Well you know what to do when you're done with it... B)

very nice.

whats the $$$ for one of these???

for $15,000 i would 'think' about selling it.

DOnt hold your breath.

very nice.

whats the $$$ for one of these???

a couple have recently sold down here(welly) for round $12000.Thats a lot of car for that money.

They came on E36 / 32 / 34 / 38, so i'm guessing his are factory.

I dont think the style 5's came as factory on all 5's and 7's. The e34's and e32 's certainly had a cross-spoke wheel as standard but it wasnt the style 5's which has a much bigger dish than the standard wheels.

The style 5's are also 17' rather than the 15' that was on the 5 and 7.

Very Nice. 14.78 is the fastest 1/4 time I've got. There's your target for the next DYO day.

I'm hoping to go down and race my mates 645i soon, before my R compounds come off.

You'll have heaps of fun. The 9" rears were the better set-up. Brent has it on his 535 too. TC is a wonderful button. You'll see it flashing going into 3rd gear in the wet, no problems.

You two can be freinds :D.

Bloody hot car! Congrats.