Sign in to follow this  
Jazzbass

What do you do that makes you think you're a bad driver?

For me, if ever my tyres squeal or screech or whatever, I know that my driving is below where I want it to be. Any time I lose traction is a time when I have failed to drive the car correctly.

Any time I have to hit the brakes hard is another time when I have failed as a decent driver. Anticipation and awareness are paramount to driving.

As I've aged, I don't think my driving has actually become a shitload worse, I've just grown up and realised that the things I used to do were sometimes very poor driving. I'm just more aware of those bad driving techniques now, but 42 years of having a driving licence does instill some bad habits, which can take a bit of correction.

What do you do which makes you think about your driving?

If you're under 25, its a given that you already drive perfectly and everyone else on the road is an idiot who got their licence in a Weetbix packet. ;)

If you're under 25, its a given that you already drive perfectly and everyone else on the road is an idiot who got their licence in a Weetbix packet. wink.gif

sh*t yeah

are we talking road driving, or track driving?

If you're under 25, its a given that you already drive perfectly and everyone else on the road is an idiot who got their licence in a Weetbix packet.

thats the one, i already drive perfectly :) the wheel screeching are always on purpose :) and well slamming on the brakes hmmm always someone elses fault, usually the asians and the elderly.

Guest Andrew

Smoking, on the cellphone, drifting.

Simultaneously;

thats when i know i'm being a bad driver

When I can see that the person who is going to turn in front of me (When im turning left into a street) I Just flick the indicator on at the last minute and turn the corner so they can't get in front. Thats when I know.....

I'm usually a calm driver for someone of 19, just laugh at people as they pull out in front of you when you see the look on their face.

- wheel spinning in the wet.

- putting clutch in and out instead of using the handbrake when stopped @ intersections

- playing 'close the gap'.

Edited by E30stz

not caring one bit if im in the rager, basically laughing when I crash. At the end of the day im drving personafied, so it doesnt matter.

Too much oversteer/understeer and occaisonal near misses from a lapse in concentration.

I must say I'm a lot better all of a sudden recently with almost no speeding anymore, letting people in, less risks etc. Must be because I'm almost 25...

Seriously though it is weird - approaching 25 and all of a sudden I have less desire to drive all silly and kick myself everytime I do something I consider "not on par".

The insurance companies were right all along. At least in my case.

- know I'm a bad driver when i ask the guys at the tyre shop to put the bald tyres on the back

- close the gap

- slowing down for lights with the handbreak

- "no-ones around.....I'll do a skid"

I yell at cars on off-ramps for not using proper lines [causing my exit speed to drop]

I always 'late apex' intersections & try to pass a few cars coming out

I dont Tailgate, I 'Draft'

I consider the 'redline'a conservative estimate

I know the racing line of every turn within a 10 mile radius of home

My last highway foray included brushing the curbs [as I apexed the off-ramp perfectly]

I regularly test the limiter [on that straight thats too long for 2nd,but not worth going into 3rd for]

My tyres life expectancy is quoted in 'weeks' ,not miles

You get the idea!!

Tailgating people who wont do the speed limit.

Fcuk I hate that.

Looks like Kerrynzl and I go to the same driving school.

My worst habit is getting pissed at people who obviously don't know the road and slow down to the recommended speed for corners (unless you are in a Morrie in the wet on crossplies, this is unnecessary!!!). I guess that's the kind of person who wants one of those "daily drivers" and thinks an M car is unsuitable.

yeah yelling

love pulling in front of retards who have been blocking the whole motorway doing 80 and slowing down to 40

Looks like Kerrynzl and I go to the same driving school.

Yeah, The other day somebody asked me where I went to skool!

I replied "BAYPARK"

'Bad' driver probably when i make retards crash im crumpled heaps around me...

'Bad' Rider when my pegs are to the road and im still not down low enough to take the corner.. jesus saves

Damien, I know what you mean. When I rode bikes, I used to wear the writing off the side of the front tyre. They started out saying 'Avon Speedmaster Mk 2' but ended up as ________ __ _ :)

Drafting behind a slower car who is in the fast lane

looking at the other driver while passing him/her

scraping my tires on parallel parkings

car vs post in parking

driving over pot holes !!!

Worst thing i ever did that made me a bad driver was drive non-BMWs for the first 20 years...

Here's one that i know most people have commited once or twice, and thats driving a car that is WOF'd etc but you know there is something small wrong with it that could impede the safety of the car...

fails to look more than one car ahead or immediate vicinity.I also beleive that a lack of consideration or maybe even a lack of courtesy to other drives is bad driving.It often means that you just arent aware of whats happening around you

When I use my towbar as a parallel parking sensor.

:banghead: punch in the head ........ :D

Well ...

Driving the fast lane and using my high beams to get people out of the road if they are lane blocking the whole motorway.

Drafting in the 'twisties'

overtaking people not doing the speed limit

waiting on the motorway for angel eyes and then lane block.

man i love that