Sign in to follow this  
kerrynzl

Unplugging the Speedo on a Z3 [Auto]

My Girlfriend has 'trusted' me with looking after her low mileage Z3 Auto [while she's overseas]

Being Summer and living in Tauranga the opportunity/temptation is too much!

If I unplugged the speedo drive at the diff would this affect the auto or DME's performance in any way [on mitzy's they don't shift from low,so I assume BMW's are just as clever]

Anyone tried this?

Have a lot of fun summer everyone! [i've had a great time with you people on this forum]

No, I haven't tried it.

Isn't driving without a speedo illegal?

Don't forget she trusted you - why betray her trust??

Friendship and trust are important things to have/give.

Just an old fart's opinion. :)

Don't forget she trusted you - why betray her trust??

Friendship and trust are important things to have/give.

Bimmersport meets Dr Phil?

FDP - Fender Discussion Pages - musician's forum.

I'm Dr Rog because I have a PhD, not because I'm a medical Dr.

I've played Fender for years!

Got an old thrasher 2x12 combo that gets used for everything from recording to amplifying organs at practice.

Used to have a US Standard Strat, have a "Fat Strat" with a humbucker at the bridge now.. Don't play the Strat as much anymore though.

http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html

I have a US Strat with Bill Lawrence pups, but I only use it for blues slide these days. My main axe is an LP.

2x12 rocks!

I've got a US strat with an early Seymour Duncan in the bridge, standard US single coils otherwise.

My main gat is a Gibson Les Paul standard with ceramics.

Also have an LTD with EMG's.

Vintage Fender 2x12 with valves that seem to take years to warm up, sounds awesome cranked with a Les Paul plugged into it though.

Marshall AVT275 combo for Band practice with heavier bands..

Marshall JCM800 or TSL100 head through Marshall AVT cabinets live.

Hammond A100 through either the Fender and a Boss Flanger pedal for band practice. Have access to a 147 Leslie that I use whenever I can get my hands on it.. Trying to get the guy to sell it to me as he rarely uses it.

I used to have a 147. Leslies are a bitch to cart around...

Lucky Hammond owner also? I know of two A100's, 1 C3 and about a dozen L100's-L122's in Tauranga.

Yeh the Leslie is a mission to move.. which is why the 2x12 gets band practice duty.

Are you a member of nzguitars?

Nope, do inform.. :D

back on topic -

Why not just try it Kerry? Can't imagine it f**ks anything up permanently.

My Girlfriend has 'trusted' me with looking after her low mileage Z3 Auto [while she's overseas]

Being Summer and living in Tauranga the opportunity/temptation is too much!

If I unplugged the speedo drive at the diff would this affect the auto or DME's performance in any way [on mitzy's they don't shift from low,so I assume BMW's are just as clever]

Anyone tried this?

Have a lot of fun summer everyone! [i've had a great time with you people on this forum]

ok first off sorry to say grow some balls and drive it, who cares what she gonna do, its better to ask for forgivness then to ask for permission, my girlfriend has a 66 valiant which is her baby, colum shift, me being 23 and all neva driven a colum shift, she wouldnt let me drive it so when she went to work i drove it, she got pretty shitty but she forgave me after a while, even got her to apoligise to me lol (dont ask me how) and ive driven it quite a bit since with her knowledge, i wont let her drive my bmw thoe, shes ruff with the gear changes lol.

secondly i very much doubt you can drive it with out regerstring the K's on the speedo

How many kms has it done?

How many are you 'allowed'

Are you cheating on her too when she is gone? May as well, its summer.

Are you cheating on her too when she is gone? May as well, its summer.

Classic, go down to the beach in the Z3 and pick up some gals lol :)

Classic, go down to the beach in the Z3 and pick up some gals lol :)

That's a novel idea [it never entered my mind]

was thinking about endurance racin' Haha!

Kerry: going to be out and about in the Z3 over the weekend?

Keen for a cruise? Haha.

Yeah I'm keen for a cruise

pm me and I'll give you my phone number [i'm in Maungatapu]

The only problem I see is driving with the top down increases my peripheral vision [trying to keep my eyes on the road with all those babes will be a problem]

FDP - Fender Discussion Pages - musician's forum.

I'm Dr Rog because I have a PhD, not because I'm a medical Dr.

PhD in what Rog? Education related is it?

Man I would not betray your gf's trust. If my bf did something to my car (when i get the f**ken thing) i would slice his throat

Man I would not betray your gf's trust. If my bf did something to my car (when i get the f**ken thing) i would slice his throat

Wow.

If it wasn't that you were being protective of your car (which is cool) I'd put you almost on the same level of crazy as my ex.

Holy sh*t remind me never to take anything of yours without asking ........... :ph34r:

They sho' do breed them wild down there in the deep south :o

Pity that salesman if Emma doesn't get her car though, maybe someone should foward this thread to him and his family to save him from a terrible fate....

Maybe c.c. the same email to Santa??? Don't want the jolly old fella getting mugged by Emma if he brings her a

Honda for Xmas !!! :lol: