Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Rant: Motorway Traffic Lights

I'll let you in on a secret that will reduce travelling time to work to zero- work from home!

It is not so secret, I'm starting that as of 1 Feb 2007

The powers that be haven't followed Australias roundabout example for a very good reason- THEY DONT WORK! Roundabouts only work for LIGHT traffic flow areas, feed some heavy traffic though one and see the problems start- ever driven through Sydney in rush hour-f%$kin nightmare!!!!!!

I think the Jury is still out. Every person I speak to has another opinion on the roundabout idea. No-one actually knows, just assume their limited experience means the know all. I'm in the same boat - I just assume they work 'cos I was told. Don't actually know. Anyone done a study?

Those lights are for people that can't be courteous to each other. But then when the lights are up, they can't follow the rules. How hard is it to "merge like a zip"?

I think the Jury is still out. Every person I speak to has another opinion on the roundabout idea. No-one actually knows, just assume their limited experience means the know all. I'm in the same boat - I just assume they work 'cos I was told. Don't actually know. Anyone done a study?

Next time you are at a roundabout with a LOT of traffic flow, look what happens. The feeder streets to the left of the main feeder get backed up because they cannot enter the roundabout, as there is always traffic on the roundabout. You do not need a degree in traffic flow to see what happens, it really is quite obvious even to a caual observer.

You Aucklanders , always moaning about traffic , I dunno.

I've seen this System work well in LA LA Land [Los Angeles]

The Problem isn't the lights, It's All YOU JAFA DRIVERS haha!

You should come down to the 'Mount' and cruize Marine-Parade getting 'whiplashed eyeballs' with all the talent about! [There's no traffic lights along the beach]

sh*t! I shouldn't have mentioned this [now The Mount is going to be invaded with JAFA's for the next 3 weeks]

there's no traffic lights but theres speed humps, so the racers can make more noise. 0-50, then 50-5. over hump. then rrrrrooom acchhoooo!! x10.

but i suppose, they do keep them away, at the boat ramp now.

poor jaffa's.

Conrod - thats why a roundabout works well on equal-trafficked roads. Or where the main traffic is doing a left turn or right tun, not going tright thru. ButI can see this argument is goig nowhere lol.

there's no traffic lights but theres speed humps, so the racers can make more noise. 0-50, then 50-5. over hump. then rrrrrooom acchhoooo!! x10.

but i suppose, they do keep them away, at the boat ramp now.

poor jaffa's.

Yeah I'm waiting for someone with bags to drop their car onto one of the speed humps [would cause an awful traction problem, might have to smoke those tyres getting it off]

0-50 then 50-5 [Good law abiding citizens,at least they aint speeding]

With all that talent about,combined with speed humps,can cause severe neck problems [no wonder A&E at TGA hospital is overworked]

You Can't Outlaw Fun

Yeah I'm waiting for someone with bags to drop their car onto one of the speed humps [would cause an awful traction problem, might have to smoke those tyres getting it off]

Three Friday nights ago =] last speedbump before Grace Ave on Marine Parade. Red Toyota Hilux.