Sign in to follow this  
SIR E30

1988 E30 Touring

Heres a few pics of my E30 Touring for everyones enjoyment (hopefully!)

I've had it for about a month and have loved every minute of driving it!! This car is my second BMW, I also have a 1986 320i manual.

For you purists I have put up a pic of the car on its Basketweaves, which are now GONE :P

Future mods: Suspension, sounds, Tints. Maybe a respray.....

Yea so let me know what you think.

Cheers guys & girls!

post-1699-1217223460_thumb.jpg

post-1699-1217224052_thumb.jpg

post-1699-1217224657_thumb.jpg

post-1699-1217225175_thumb.jpg

post-1699-1217225705_thumb.jpg

post-1699-1217226120_thumb.jpg

post-1699-1217227615_thumb.jpg

Tidy Touring - Lots of White Car/Black Wheel combos around at the moment

Cheers! Yea theres definitely a few around.

very nice car! she'll hold her value if you look after her. Make sure your tints are good quality and don't cut or drill any holes in interior panels or trim for "sounds".

Enjoy the car, i know i would!

Nice Touring! Very tidy.

What side indicators are those?

OMG its Wills old touring!

Like Ollie said, look after it mate. Its one of the nicest E30 Tourings around. Im feeling the wheels etc just dont bastardise it to much :D

Edited by ED1RTY

very nice car! she'll hold her value if you look after her. Make sure your tints are good quality and don't cut or drill any holes in interior panels or trim for "sounds".

Enjoy the car, i know i would!

Thanks Ollie, Dont worry I wont cut/drill the panels. I'm not putting subs in this car Ive decided, only upgrading the current speakers and putting a good head unit in. I wanna keep the interior as original as possible.

As for the tints, im getting them done at automint in hamilton because a friend of a friend works there. Any experience with these guys??

Edited by SIR E30

OMG its Wills old touring!

Like Ollie said, look after it mate. Its one of the nicest E30 Tourings around. Im feeling the wheels etc just dont bastardise it to much :D

Yup sure is!

Thanks for that, I think the same about the wheels.. They are modern enough without ricing the hell out of my car!

Thanks for your comments guys, makes me feel very proud of what I've got! :D

Looks mint, Looks like Blairs.

Yea a bit like Blairs, minus the techII haha

look after it!!! very nice machine you have there, don't f**k up the guards with those wheels either and it'll stay a nice car and hold its value!

Thanks Ollie, Dont worry I wont cut/drill the panels. I'm not putting subs in this car Ive decided, only upgrading the current speakers and putting a good head unit in. I wanna keep the interior as original as possible.

As for the tints, im getting them done at automint in hamilton because a friend of a friend works there. Any experience with these guys??

Nice wagon, so envious of the factory 2.5 engine, im guessing it’s an import then?

Upgrading the stock system is hard without making new holes. Im running 51/4 inch components in the front and Ceflar 4†2 ways in the back witch are both amped and with the sub box removed they really struggle to produce any decent bass.

If you’re up in Auckland at some stage im more than happy to show you my system and give you some tips as to where to mount an amp.

I would recommend a boxed set of 6x9’s if your after a decent sound without an amp or a sub.

As for lowering, talk to Keith at suspension progress (our forum sponsor) he sorted mine out, you need to run a wagon specific set up.

Edited by Apex

So Will finally sold the old girl! I'm a neighbour of Wills but didn't realise it had sold as I havn't been over for a couple of weeks. Its an awesome car. He did ALOT of work to it.

I remember when he first got it, it needed a little TLC. I fondly remember going sideways in it out of the Carters carpark in Waipapa on one of its first voyages. It has been pampered ever since as he bought it for his wife as a daily, but she got sick of the difficult boot access compared to an e36 touring which is her new daily.

Enjoy it - its the nicest and quickest e30 touring I've ridden in.

A beautiful and increasingly rare car... look after it grasshopper! :D

Nice wagon, so envious of the factory 2.5 engine, im guessing it’s an import then?

Upgrading the stock system is hard without making new holes. Im running 51/4 inch components in the front and Ceflar 4†2 ways in the back witch are both amped and with the sub box removed they really struggle to produce any decent bass.

If you’re up in Auckland at some stage im more than happy to show you my system and give you some tips as to where to mount an amp.

I would recommend a boxed set of 6x9’s if your after a decent sound without an amp or a sub.

As for lowering, talk to Keith at suspension progress (our forum sponsor) he sorted mine out, you need to run a wagon specific set up.

Yea imported from the UK in 1994.

Id love to have a chat about what I can do with sounds, I'll keep you in mind!

I emailed Keith a while ago but got no reply. Will try again another time! I need to get it lowered and stiffened up!

So Will finally sold the old girl! I'm a neighbour of Wills but didn't realise it had sold as I havn't been over for a couple of weeks. Its an awesome car. He did ALOT of work to it.

I remember when he first got it, it needed a little TLC. I fondly remember going sideways in it out of the Carters carpark in Waipapa on one of its first voyages. It has been pampered ever since as he bought it for his wife as a daily, but she got sick of the difficult boot access compared to an e36 touring which is her new daily.

Enjoy it - its the nicest and quickest e30 touring I've ridden in.

Will and I were actually talking about you when I was up there when I got the car. Sounds like you have a very nice car.

I agree, Will has created a very nice car - all it needs now is my own personal touches.

Id beleive that, it goes sideways quite happily, although havnt done this with the new 18's on it. The rubber is a bit to expensive to be burning!

Alisons new E36 is a very nice car, she seemed very pleased with it.

Thanks for your comments :D

Thanks for all the comments guys! I will definitely look after this car and keep it as well presented as the previous owner has done.

Good to hear.

Damn fine car.

E: speeling

Edited by westy

On second glance it looks as if it has already been lowered a little bit.

If you do decide to lower it go with H&R, it may cost a couple of hundred more but is well worth it if you want a stiffer ride.

It has stock msport springs which are lower than standard. Will had some lower springs in it, but Alison didn't like them so he put the msport ones in.