Sign in to follow this  
kingkarl

Fool

I think you should pay your mates fines aswell, here's a message for all, if in trouble with police SAY NOTHING, that's right, NOTHING. Don't explain yourself, don't water down what you were doing. Let a lawyer do that later on.

Why did you tell on your mate? Did you expect leniency? It certainly wasn't going to help either of you.

Haha Ok mate. Next time I'll try not to be such a nark.

I am a firm believer in saying absolutely nothing, which I did in response to the officers questions. But you don't realise the circumstances around this. I know the road very well and had absolutely no knowledge of it not being a dead end. Even the cop who got us thought there was no way out. His exact words:

"You can either tell me who he is know and get this over quicker or I can go down there and find him myself, there's no way out."

I would be surprised if you could find anyone other than people who live on that road who know of the exit out of it. For this reason I thought my mate was ****ed regardless, so making the cop's life harder and trying to escape (what I thought at the time) was an inevitable outcome was a pointless exercise to me.

Had I thought he had even the slimmest chance of escape I wouldn't have said a thing.

My mate has no hard feelings towards me and said (along with all the other boys with us) if he was put in my situation he would've done the exact same thing. He was extremely surprised when he stumbled upon the way out.

There were a number of things I could've done to avoid being nabbed but hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it.

edit- dodgy syntax

Edited by kingkarl

Why delete my post? This is a subject that rark's me up and I'm sick of people defending the NZ Justice System.

Fair enough most of them are just trying to do their job, and I know a few police officers who also think that the NZ Justice system is f**ked. I myself have been screwed over/spent time through the courts for offense's I didn't even commit. Both times the Judge laughed and threw the case out. What is the point in this waste of taxpayer money. NZ Justice system is a JOKE. As Ashkan said, Drug dealers getting a lesser penalty than the O.P.. WTF?

Give the Police guns and I could just about guarantee that petty crime will go down. Stop being so P.C NZ.

Edited by KSMYRS

Give the Police guns and I could just about guarantee that petty crime will go down. Stop being so P.C NZ.

Sucks if they only offered to put it down to dangerous driving. In my case they offered to put it down to careless driving, so i could get diversion.

Saying nothing helps of course, but admitting what you didn't doesn't always hurt. It shows honesty. When I got caught by the cop doing burnouts I admitted I was doing it for a laugh and to show off to my mates.. that's the same case I got diversion for. They had enough evidences to do me for a heap of things, including probably dangerous driving (i'm not entirely sure on what regards it "dangerous".)

Maybe I was just lucky. I certainly consider myself lucky!

I think you should pay your mates fines aswell, here's a message for all, if in trouble with police SAY NOTHING, that's right, NOTHING. Don't explain yourself, don't water down what you were doing. Let a lawyer do that later on.

Why did you tell on your mate? Did you expect leniency? It certainly wasn't going to help either of you.

Do you think the real world is like highschool!? Damn he did the crime so why shouldn't he do the time (or get the fine)

I've been around enough to realise that the whole persona of "nark" is a backwards notion and is stemmed from the old. tail, tail, tit in primary school...

In the real world if it came down to me taking the rap (for a mate) and me, potentially getting a criminal conviction, i will point the finger HARD A true mate will realise why this was done and not cry nark!

Edited by cliffdunedin

I guess it depends what circles you've been around. In the gang / criminal world I dont think narking will get you very far.

I know a few people who have been to prison because they have taken a fall for their mate and not narked, and they believed they had done the right thing.

You sure? I guess it depends what you're doing but im sure this is gonna put the cop in a foul mood and try and get you for everything where he could of potentially let you off with a warning.

If you get caught speeding or doing a burnout how is not saying anything gonna help you? It's pretty obvious what you were doing. I guess he could of told the cop he didnt know who the other car was, but if the cop did catch up with his mate and your stories dont match up, you're f**ked.

I think the only time not saying anything is gonna help you is when the cops turn up at your house and accuse you of some thing.

Because anything you say can and will be used against you in court of law.

Saying nothing pertaining to what you have been “supposedly†pulled over for is very smart.

So I get pulled over for doing a burnout, cop asks me what the hell I think I'm doing.

What do I tell him? It's pretty obvious what I'm doing.

Get caught speeding, he has it on his radar / laser, you can't deny you weren't speeding.

When I was pulled over for flashing my lights, I could of made up some bullshit story I was trying to wash my windows and hit the wrong stalk, or I could of denied it altogether and insisted it was a figment of his imagination. I don't think either would of got me very far.

I think there is limited cases where saying nothing will help you.

I could just about guarantee it wouldn't. Who does the "PC" culture actually hurt? I don't think we are very PC anyhow, just look at the justice laws being pushed throug parliament in the last year.

So I get pulled over for doing a burnout, cop asks me what the hell I think I'm doing.

What do I tell him? It's pretty obvious what I'm doing.

Get caught speeding, he has it on his radar / laser, you can't deny you weren't speeding.

When I was pulled over for flashing my lights, I could of made up some bullshit story I was trying to wash my windows and hit the wrong stalk, or I could of denied it altogether and insisted it was a figment of his imagination. I don't think either would of got me very far.

I think there is limited cases where saying nothing will help you.

In all circumstanced say nothing. A police officers job is to collect evidence to convict you when it goes to court, nothing more nothing less and anything you say can be used as a form of admittance or be used to portray guilt, for a police officer to take it to court he needs evidence, if you say nothing and give him nothing it makes it a lot harder come court time, if even it makes it there, your lawyer will destroy them.

In your circumstance I would have just played stupid, sat there and looked bewildered whilst giving no defence. He can’t prove anything.

As for caught speeding, I would say 80% of the time I have been pulled up for speeding they haven’t had any evidence suggesting I was.. First questing they normally ask is “how fast do you think you were going back there?†the reason they ask this is because they normally have no idea, if you say 120 you have just admitted to doing 120kph and they will ticket you for 115kph, if you say nothing they may let you off with a warning.

Edited by Apex

In all circumstanced say nothing. A police officers job is to collect evidence to convict you when it goes to court, nothing more nothing less and anything you say can be used as a form of admittance or be used to portray guilt, for a police officer to take it to court he needs evidence, if you say nothing and give him nothing it makes it a lot harder come court time, if even it makes it there, your lawyer will destroy them.

In your circumstance I would have just played stupid, sat there and looked bewildered whilst giving no defence. He can’t prove anything.

As for caught speeding, I would say 80% of the time I have been pulled up for speeding they haven’t had any evidence suggesting I was.. First questing they normally ask is “how fast do you think you were going back there?†the reason they ask this is because they normally have no idea, if you say 120 you have just admitted to doing 120kph and they will ticket you for 115kph, if you say nothing they may let you off with a warning.

"In your circumstance I would have just played stupid, sat there and looked bewildered whilst giving no defence. He can’t prove anything."

Haha this part cracked me up, for some reason I have a picture in my head of someone sitting in their car doing a pukana at a cop.

I can agree on the speeding part, one time I was doing some stupid speeds at night on the way home and there was a car a fair distance behind me with their high beams on, so I turned my rear vision mirror around so it would not shine in my eyes and continued with pedal to the floor. Little did I know it was a cop. Bit of a long story, but in the end I pulled over (i dont know why, I could of got away) When he asked how fast I thought I was going I figured he hadn't got my speed so I said "Oh about 100kph". He knew this was bullshit, as he said he was going much faster then 100kph to keep up and I was still pulling away. He let me off with a warning, I have no idea why, my only guess is that he couldn't prove it.

Anyway, if one was pulled up would it be appropriate to say "Im not prepared to say anything at the risk of incriminating myself"? As I cant imagine sitting there with a blank stare pretending to be a mute would go down to well and would probably result in you been arrested ^_^

I guess it depends what circles you've been around. In the gang / criminal world I dont think narking will get you very far.

I know a few people who have been to prison because they have taken a fall for their mate and not narked, and they believed they had done the right thing.

I think that speaks for itself...don't hang around with dodgy dudes ;):lol:

I've been caught mis-behaving in a car before. Didn't try and bullshit the cop, I admitted it was a dumbass thing to do and got off with a small speeding ticket. Would have been far worse (IMO) if I'd sat there denying everything and pissed him off.

I just drive my car the speed limit and have no problems.

Having a track car and doing regular track days is so underated .. some of you guys should try it some time, you find no reason to hoon on the roads cause its no where near as fun as the track.

It costs less too .. speaking to someone whos had thousands in fines in the past and had ministry of justice turn up a few times on my door step.

Having a track car and doing regular track days is so underated .. some of you guys should try it some time, you find no reason to hoon on the roads cause its no where near as fun as the track.

It costs less too .. speaking to someone whos had thousands in fines in the past and had ministry of justice turn up a few times on my door step.

+1

I guess we all get here at some point.

Time and a place, unfortunately it's the most tempting to drop the clutch and give it the boot or something just as illegal when you're pulling out of a driveway in front of a bunch of your mates egging you on.

It's rude not too :D

Peer pressure rocks.

Edited by mark247

Time and a place, unfortunately it's the most tempting to drop the clutch and give it the boot or something just as illegal when you're pulling out of a driveway in front of a bunch of your mates egging you on.

It's rude not too :D

Peer pressure rocks.

this applies to my previous post. I was weak.

ps: how many results would 'do a skid' return on this site?