Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Iphone 4gs

Jailbreak. Job done.

Then you will have quality build, quality user interface - and all of the above...

Jailbreak adds memory card support? :P

Apple sell memory card/camera adapter and a video out adapter

Bluetooth does everything if jailbroken ad2p streaming,file transfer

File transfer well name the flavour,ssh ftp,http,drop box,smb wireless,bluetooth, or just plain cable using ifunbox which is free, you dont need itunes for anything anymore

Its all available with the right apps just do your research1

I can see something like that been snapped off real quick if left connected.

e90 M3 do you show your customers [people you make the apps for] there product on a jailbroken iphone?

Also just on the topic of phones what ya think windows mango and 8 will be like? pretty keen to be different.

Edit:

Thanks Pjay

Siri on Iphone 4

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/29/siri-hacked-...ideo-interview/

I have several iOS devices - so it doesn't really apply to me. People really don't care that much. We always send apps to our clients via testflightapp or something similar so they can test on their own hardware anyway.

WP7 is worth watching - but after trying several times to go a full week as my main phone, I can't. Too much stuff is missing appwise and the battery life on the HD7 is a bit crap. I think Nokia will help MS get some traction - but at the moment they are not growing.

If you really want to be different, get a Nokia 6110.

No. You buy a phone with 64GB onboard and you are all good. Can you even get a 64GB memory card which works in your droid? Answer: NO.

Most users don't want to piss about with a stupid little micro SD card which they will drop and lose at the beach. It's a feature that a few geeks like, but everyone else is already falling asleep....

As soon as I got my Samsung GS2, I got the biggest micro SD I could and I will never ever take it out of the phone again. My sister didn't even know what a micro SD was - she didn't even care. The 16GB onboard her SGS2 is enough.

Bluetooth does everything if jailbroken ad2p streaming,file transfer

File transfer well name the flavour,ssh ftp,http,drop box,smb wireless,bluetooth, or just plain cable using ifunbox which is free, you dont need itunes for anything anymore

Its all available with the right apps just do your research1

Cool for people who are geeks.. but most people just want their stuff to work out of the box. important not a big fan of products that are disabled for marketing / political reasons

No bluetooth, can't record a file to have as a ringtone or message tone.. I think iPhone's next step will be to release the iphone 4SGT-S model that allows to bluetooth, then the iphone 4sGT-R version that will allow to bluetooth and record messages as a ringtone.... (sarcasm) but my point being.. It hasnt really stepped up from the iphone 4 has it? apart from a few more gadgets here and there... They are coning people left right and centre who pay big bucks for a iphone 4, then several months later fork out more for an iphone 4s because it has a few extra things, mainly though because its the latest and everyone wants it... When is the 5 coming out? And what would that feature? And then when would the updated iPhone 5 come out?

I am not really what you would call a geek boy by any standards but I have had my 4s for a few days now and having gone up from the 3gs have found it to be quite a big jump. I purchased a Acer Icona a few months back and that ran Android honeycomb which to be honest I found really ho hum and ended up selling it as it was not all I had hoped it would be.

Each to their own I say and I am pretty happy with what I have got which will last me for the next couple of years as I don't upgrade just because of the latest, my 3gs served me well and will just have to see how the 4s goes I guess.

As for the ios and android debate if you like it then use it :)

The SGS2 video quality is freaking sweet too:

In that video I made, it's my mates video camera vs my phone. Check the difference.. SGS2 recording from 1:45, everything before is his handy cam recorded stuff.

No bluetooth, can't record a file to have as a ringtone or message tone.. I think iPhone's next step will be to release the iphone 4SGT-S model that allows to bluetooth, then the iphone 4sGT-R version that will allow to bluetooth and record messages as a ringtone.... (sarcasm) but my point being.. It hasnt really stepped up from the iphone 4 has it? apart from a few more gadgets here and there... They are coning people left right and centre who pay big bucks for a iphone 4, then several months later fork out more for an iphone 4s because it has a few extra things, mainly though because its the latest and everyone wants it... When is the 5 coming out? And what would that feature? And then when would the updated iPhone 5 come out?

Yeah, you are completely right. The iPhone has no Bluetooth. WTF????

A lot of people say BMW conned me into buying an M3 when a HSV commodore is way cheaper and has a 6.2!

I'm plainly just not very smart and get conned really really easily. Phew. Such is life.

Or, is it that you don't know what you are talking about? Not sure.

The SGS2 video quality is freaking sweet too:

In that video I made, it's my mates video camera vs my phone. Check the difference.. SGS2 recording from 1:45, everything before is his handy cam recorded stuff.

That's awesome!

The SGS2 and iPhone 4S have crazy arse cameras. No need for those little compact digital cameras anymore.

Ive got both too and couldnt make the change in the end

On paper s2 but android software interface is no match for ios,its just clunky and unecesarily complicated,a jailbroken iphone can do so much more then any s2,the appstore wins hands down,try plugging your guitar into something like amplitube or ampkit,iphones and all the 3rd party software just rocks

Love the metal and weight of the iphone over the plastic toy feel of the s2 as well

It's funny how you have to jailbreak the iPhone to get anything useful out of it and to make it better that a S2.

Play with an S2 that has been rooted and then make your mind up.

It's funny how you have to jailbreak the iPhone to get anything useful out of it and to make it better that a S2.

It's funny how you have to root the S2 to get anything useful out of it and to make it better that a jailbroken iPhone.

Play with an iPhone that has been Jailbroken and then make your mind up.

EOT.

Edited by E90 M3

due read the posts again

mine is rooted and how is rooting any different to jailbreaking

i dont get your arguement at all

I was prepared to change to the s2 bought the thing just realised it couldnt do everything my iphone did as well

i dont go out and buy each brand new model ,im not a fan boy

and how is an s2 over the original galaxy S and now the new nexus any different to iphone upgrades

my arguement was about and decided my choice because ios is better than android to use and is more hackable and has better apps,show me guitar apps on android,

everyone that says iphone cant do XX blah is actualy wrong (except for flash),there isnt a thing the galaxy can do that iphone cant if you know what your doing and galaxys need just as much tweaking,hacking and extra apps to do what I want it to dojust as iphones do,ive spent a long time reading learning and trying custom roms and apps on galaxys

I used to love palms for the same reason years ago

I love to hack anything,psp xbox,dvd players,tivos,pcs, macs,phones whatever,at least i know what im talking about when I make a post

some of the posts in this thread are as bad is holden vs ford

Lots of fanyboys itt.

My phone sends texts, makes calls, alarm on it is good, battery lasts close to 2 weeks, occasionally I use the calculator. Email can be handy, but most other apps are just a gimmick, I've never been anywhere and needed a virtual guitar on my phone.

Lots of fanyboys itt.

My phone sends texts, makes calls, alarm on it is good, battery lasts close to 2 weeks, occasionally I use the calculator. Email can be handy, but most other apps are just a gimmick, I've never been anywhere and needed a virtual guitar on my phone.

This.

Mine also doubles as a bottle opener - best app ever.

due read the posts again

mine is rooted and how is rooting any different to jailbreaking

i dont get your arguement at all

I was prepared to change to the s2 bought the thing just realised it couldnt do everything my iphone did as well

i dont go out and buy each brand new model ,im not a fan boy

and how is an s2 over the original galaxy S and now the new nexus any different to iphone upgrades

my arguement was about and decided my choice because ios is better than android to use and is more hackable and has better apps,show me guitar apps on android,

everyone that says iphone cant do XX blah is actualy wrong (except for flash),there isnt a thing the galaxy can do that iphone cant if you know what your doing and galaxys need just as much tweaking,hacking and extra apps to do what I want it to dojust as iphones do,ive spent a long time reading learning and trying custom roms and apps on galaxys

I used to love palms for the same reason years ago

I love to hack anything,psp xbox,dvd players,tivos,pcs, macs,phones whatever,at least i know what im talking about when I make a post

some of the posts in this thread are as bad is holden vs ford

Sorry dude, I didn't see that you had rooted your S2.

My mates and I have these discussions all the time over what is better so none of this is new to me. At the end of the day, as long as it does what you want it to do, then who I am to tell you what to choose.

E: I have a guitar tuning app on my S2 and while it's not the best, it's better than my ears haha

Edited by Gaz

This.

Mine also doubles as a bottle opener - best app ever.

^This

I love my 5 year old nokia with my 0.3mega pixels camera.

Yeah, you are completely right. The iPhone has no Bluetooth. WTF????

A lot of people say BMW conned me into buying an M3 when a HSV commodore is way cheaper and has a 6.2!

I'm plainly just not very smart and get conned really really easily. Phew. Such is life.

Or, is it that you don't know what you are talking about? Not sure.

Dude arrogant much?

Haha, man it's getting HEATED in here...

** Start Microsoft Fanboi rant **

Windows Phone 7.5 aka 'Mango' is going to rock all your socks off soon! I will admit that it probably needs another 6 months or so while developers and hardware providers (i.e Nokia) properly jump on board.

The platform is fresh, unique and provides a genuine alternative. 'live tiles' are a big step up from static icons and all the important stuff comes tightly integrated into the phone (without the need for apps) which works out of the box. Seeing as Microsoft now owns Skype, you can bet you'll also be seeing a kick ass VOIP experience soon.

Check out some of the stuff we've been able to do with our YouTube app :)

*** End Microsoft fanboi rant ***

Seriously though, it comes down to personal preference now. I have, and use all three... Each are amazing devices in their own right and it's about f**king time!

^^^^ I agree it's a real competitor and I like it better than iOS , but it's sooooo far behind, Im not sure they can come back

I do want a Nokia too

Lots of fanyboys itt.

I used to think that until I got a smart phone, mines my phone, alarm, camera, MP3 player, web, skype, satnav/map, train/tube routes and times, torch, diary/calender, calculator etc.

They are really handy, particularly the satnav/maps

but yes there are a lot off gimmicky aps, and battery life does get pretty annoying if I'm using it for all of the above

It's just a phone? No big deal? So what if you have one, big whoop, congrats for being able to afford it/waste a crap load of money on a phone (my opinion).

It's just a phone? No big deal? So what if you have one, big whoop, congrats for being able to afford it/waste a crap load of money on a phone (my opinion).

Think about thetime when the first GSM phones were out. Futurists like us imagined a time where you could have this device that everyone had and it could answer any question, take photos, play movies, listen to your music library, read news on it and everyone would have one. That was some furture sh*t that seemed a lifetime away. Now its here and its as good as I imagined (now, not the first iterations).

So no, its more than a phone. Its the future, I'm reading my digital newspaper and its f**king awesome.

In summary if you have to ask, iPhone is for you.

Edited by Nick G

I used to think that until I got a smart phone, mines my phone, alarm, camera, MP3 player, web, skype, satnav/map, train/tube routes and times, torch, diary/calender, calculator etc.

They are really handy, particularly the satnav/maps

but yes there are a lot off gimmicky aps, and battery life does get pretty annoying if I'm using it for all of the above

Yeah, I've had a few smart phones as well.

My HTC windows mobile and android phone are both sitting on my desk covered in dust with flat batterys. I have gone back to a nokia 1110i and it is awesome, dont have to worry about dropping it or loosing it.