Sign in to follow this  
Mungous

M3 CSL?!

CSL $50k

Slowly to $35k then JUMP to $50k left them stunned. Awesome bid. Was not me :(

Slowly to $35k then JUMP to $50k left them stunned. Awesome bid. Was not me :(

Yip, great strategy by the purchaser.

Great buy on the CSL ... it's gone to a good owner guys, someone capable of bringing it back to its former glory. (and no it's not me, that'd be greedy haha).

Lots of bargains to be had at that auction from what I've heard ... wish I'd picked up the GT3 : )

Great buy on the CSL ... it's gone to a good owner guys, someone capable of bringing it back to its former glory. (and no it's not me, that'd be greedy haha).

Lots of bargains to be had at that auction from what I've heard ... wish I'd picked up the GT3 : )

Not that its run down, refurb the wheels and a couple of other small things. Its a nice car as it sits, just a few little things to make it mint.

But yes, it has got to a good home.

You didn't. Did you? Well done.

That GT3 was a bargain, oh to have the cash to throw down on that, what a car!

That GT3 was a bargain, oh to have the cash to throw down on that, what a car!

Yeah - 997 for 996 money. Nice.

Still wouldn't fit down my drive, even though it was cheap.

You know you would sooner spend the money on a Singer CamB ;)

No he didn't.

It wasn't Paul Holmes, hes was in hospital.

Was it former More FM DJ, 7-Days host and all round nice guy Jeremy Corbett? Maybe Jason Gun, he could call iy thingy.

Am I getting warm?

Great buy on the CSL ... it's gone to a good owner guys, someone capable of bringing it back to its former glory.

Good

Now tell them to join up on bimmersport so we can say it went to someone in the family :P

Good

Now tell them to join up on bimmersport so we can say it went to someone in the family :P

Hi, I'm the lucky new owner of the CSL. As Tom says I will be aiming to make it "perfect" as quickly as possible. I've already ordered a set of Toyo R888 tyres for it last night as the current tyres are the wrong size and most likely not perfectly round after standing still for approx 4 years.

Next week will be re-compliance week, followed by a full service and the changing of all fluids etc etc.

Then any little things that need to be rectified will be done including removing the aftermarket stereo and a full wheel refurb.

Within a few months it will be perfect (I hope). Then it will sit in the shed and be driven every now and then for some fun........

Cheers

Matt

Edited by mjh

Look forward to seeing this beaut.

Congratulations.

Would love to help detail it after a few years of sitting I bet it could use a good clean and paint correction.

Congratulations.

Would love to help detail it after a few years of sitting I bet it could use a good clean and paint correction.

Youre keen, a 9 hour round trip to detail the car?

Congrats on that purchase. Any chance of some pics? I missed this tread and the auction listing on Turners has been removed :(

Hi, I'm the lucky new owner of the CSL. As Tom says I will be aiming to make it "perfect" as quickly as possible. I've already ordered a set of Toyo R888 tyres for it last night as the current tyres are the wrong size and most likely not perfectly round after standing still for approx 4 years.

Next week will be re-compliance week, followed by a full service and the changing of all fluids etc etc.

Then any little things that need to be rectified will be done including removing the aftermarket stereo and a full wheel refurb.

Within a few months it will be perfect (I hope). Then it will sit in the shed and be driven every now and then for some fun........

Cheers

Matt

the radio was one thing that annoyed me when i drove it when the former owner had it...never looks right in a BMW, nice buy

Hi, I'm the lucky new owner of the CSL. .

Matt

Really jealous of your car list :)

Nice one. Good to see it go to a Bimmersporter :) and even better to one that is restoring it to its former glory.

I truely hope you enjoy every moment of it and dont forget to bring it a long to the odd meeting if possible.

Tom, turns out this is owned by a friend of a friend in Istanbul (it's black as you probably know)

I talked to him about it last night if you've got any questions. 12,000kms apparently.

I know of one car in Istanbul with about 8000mile asking a tad under 100,000GBP ...(they are also similarly priced in Hong Kong ... so if you want to sell a CSL, send it to Istanbul or Hong Kong hehe)

Tom, turns out this is owned by a friend of a friend in Istanbul (it's black as you probably know)

I talked to him about it last night if you've got any questions. 12,000kms apparently.

Do the CSLs only come in black and grey?

Really? Really?

You have to ask that?

I didn't know either. Wikipedia says "was only available in two colours – Silver Grey Metallic and Black Sapphire Metallic".