Sign in to follow this  
gouba

BBS RS - what are they worth

Hi all

I have a set of 15 inch BBS RS rims from my old e30 that I need to sell. They specs are

4*100

30 bolt

7.5 inch fronts with a 1.5 inch lip

8 inch rears with a 2 inch lip

have good condition front and brand new rear tires

In good condition, could do with a polish.

Im trying to figure out what they would be worth, but they don't come up often enough to get a reasonable indication. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

A similar, needing polish set was on trade me a little while ago that I was bidding on. They were 0.5" lip, and came with terrible tyres.

The bidding war was between around 3 people and started really slowing down around 950, eventually getting to 980 after people started playing chicken with the 2min auto-extension.

Then out of nowhere a completely different bidder came along and bid 1500.

Was a little suspicious but that's how it went down.

Other occurrences were 16" RS's 4x100 that needed polishing. They were listed around 2000 and sat for ages with no bids. If you're in no rush you could do the same and eventually wait for that buyer to come along.

Only 2 cases here so it doesn't statistically hold much weight. But they come up so uncommonly its hard to determine market price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

and when they do sell its to someone that has said "if you ever sell those wheels let me know" etc

I'd say yours are worth at least 1500 Matt, unless your in a rush to sell don't go any lower!

Yea agree around 1500. I would recomend giving them a tidy up yourself if you have the skills. Much easier to sell anything wheb there are no cons to list.

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Agreed with everyone else on value, I sold two of my sets for that, the remaining set has started to find its way into the house:

ygql5uza.iu4.jpg

I figure these used to be my old ones? So yeah id agree with above also.

Lol Just checking that people above are referring to these as wheels ONLY right?

If these came with tyres (which you've said are pretty new) at this price, and they aren't crap Chinese ones I would be supremely interested

Edit: I say this because I'm going to be spending similar money on some 16x8 replicas in 2 months. If they are similarly priced I'll need to have a bit of a reconsider.

Edited by tidyverty

I sold mine for 1200 including brand new Toyo T1R's

I sold my 16x10 / 16x8.5 RS's for $2,000 with no tyres and they were mint. All depends on who wants to buy at the time

• Like 1

You should easily flick them off for $1500 theyre a pretty sedate size and tyres are a weststainesmassif bonus. Post them on VASK and Facebook and youll find a buyer pretty quick.

"If you ever sell those wheels let me know etc" ;)

What tyres are on there at the moment?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by tidyverty

I sold my 16x10 / 16x8.5 RS's for $2,000 with no tyres and they were mint. All depends on who wants to buy at the time

Big difference in price and demand when it comes to 16" RS' though...I've been offered 3k for mine

hey guys any 17" bbs rs reps for sale with a mint dish in 5x120 stud pattern for e36 bmw