Sign in to follow this  
euroriffic

18x8&9 Style5 / bbs rc rebuild

how do you torque them up without them spinning. I'm sure my style 19's had splines on them

Yea the normal style5s have the top of the bolt splined so you just hit them in and then nut on the back but these are for rs's and just take a 12 point 10mm deep socket

Gave them a mock up tonight. Was maybe thinking white for centres? Not sure yetpost-5102-0-32080900-1396255065.jpg

If it were me I'd leave them raw :) But polishing those spokes to a respectable finish will be a ball buster :( Hmm, starting to think about giving the E39 style 66s in the shed a trial run on my old hack since nobody else seems to want 'em! Still green with envy, style 5s and a set of m-parallels are on my wheel bucket list :)

Should paint the centers a colour that contrasts the gold so they stand out more...Even though it's been done to death Charcoal centers or a nice dark grey are common for a reason...It looks good!

Should paint the centers a colour that contrasts the gold so they stand out more...Even though it's been done to death Charcoal centers or a nice dark grey are common for a reason...It looks good!

This.

Plus they would look good on both the wagon and m3. Personally Im not sold on white car, white rims

I quite like the white on white, and atleast it's not all white with the polished lip and centre caps.

post-5102-0-86109100-1396338164.jpgpost-5102-0-37977100-1396338176.jpg

Or something like this Lucan/ Gaz

post-5102-0-33953000-1396338186.jpg

I quite like this colour but don't know how well it'll work

post-5102-0-17967700-1396338363.jpg

Edited by euroriffic

Recommend getting some poor boys branded wheel sealant. This stuff makes cleaning your shiny wheels a breeze, and protects from brake dust eating away at the glossy finish. Its around 50bux from a distributor in tauranga but the pot will last u ages. Can send u link to his site if u want.

Arrived today! Hopefully get a chance to do the m3s current style5s this weekend for some better protection.

Edited by euroriffic

Have you decided what car they are going on? That red is amazing but I cant picture it working with Dakar Yellow

Still not sure what to put them on. Missus said why not put them on her car. I laughed

Got my new polish thanks to Jasjot for recommending it. Hopefully make things nice and shiney :D

post-5102-0-14220000-1396425144_thumb.jp

Looking good. Leave them silver IMO, looks clean and much more versatile if you ever want to swap cars or sell.

That is true, but then they're the same as most others out there. Thinking maybe a darker grey/charcoal colour if I went that way. Maybe I should just buy a few different colours of cheap spray cans and see what looks best before I go for the final product? Good project for Easter weekend:)

Edited by euroriffic

Plasticdip.

That is true, but then they're the same as most others out there.

There may be a reason why...

There may be a reason why...

No imagination?

And will probably plastidip them for fun too

Red looks sick. Write off the m3. S50 the wagon. Done and done

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

The thought is tempting. If Brent didn't want a million dollars for that ruff as m3 and if I didn't buy the e46 or sold the ute it would of been perfect

So bit of an update. Have been pretty busy the last few weeks so havnt had much time to polish. But have glued the bbs caps into the centres after giving them a polish,

post-5102-0-91333100-1398809823_thumb.jp

got the centres been dropped off today to be blasted and hopefully getting paint made up in the next few days to be done next week.

Listened to the masses and gone with a metallic gunmetal grey similar to this. The car colour not wheels

post-5102-0-56517700-1398809912.jpg

lol good call bro

I just need to stop being stuck working in tapanui so I can get these things polished and put together. Hoping to have the centres back in the next two weeks and be back working in town in about the same too so I can finally finish them!

Edited by euroriffic

Dayamm...looking awesome bro. I guess these are going on the m3 now that you are selling the wagon.