Sign in to follow this  
pldubs

Let off loss of traction?

Has anyone been let off a loss of traction incident ?

Pretty much, I was turning left at a roundabout in the new e28 which obviously has far to many torques for me to handle,
The arse end kicked out and whammy $600 fine for driving in a Dangerous / Annoying manner.

What sucks sh*t is that I wasnt actually meaning for it to happen it was pissing rain and I was off the throttle the second it let go.

Now, Ive been let off before for pretty much the same thing but on a corner.
I explained that it was wet etc.

It seems strange that I got let off in a slammed e36 with Mags bei

but dont get let off in a factory grandad spec e28...

Anyone ever successfully talked their way out of a similar situation?

My conversation ended with the cop telling me if his 2013 Holden with TC and 225s doesnt do it I must be driving like a lunatic.

Write a letter as soon as you can.

Explain how you are unfamilar with the car and explain the type of car, ie- no TC, older tyres...etc all the reasons why this might have happened.

Hope. If you are really keen you can get a lawyer to draft it for you, legal letterhead does hold weight.

End of the day I believe they will weigh up your previous record and may get input from the ticketing officer.

It's your only low cost / no cost alternative to defending in court (which i wouldn't recommend). If it goes to court you will loose and it will cost you more.

ps - your sig here isn't helping your cause. ;) or was that a demonstration of how it's done properly?

Edited by M5V8
  • Like 2

It is better to get a $600 fine for driving in a Dangerous / Annoying manner than it is to get a $400 fine and 6 months loss of license for Sustained Loss of Traction, so I would consider that a bit lucky and probably wouldn't fight it myself.

It sucks :(

Roundabouts are notorious for buses amd trucks overflowing diesel. Just saying

ps - your sig here isn't helping your cause. ;) or was that a demonstration of how it's done properly?

Hahaha I know I know =P

Roundabouts are notorious for buses amd trucks overflowing diesel. Just saying

Yeah thats what I honestly thought it was, Antil33t was in the car at the time and was convinced something was on the road.

It is better to get a $600 fine for driving in a Dangerous / Annoying manner than it is to get a $400 fine and 6 months loss of license for Sustained Loss of Traction, so I would consider that a bit lucky and probably wouldn't fight it myself.

It sucks :(

Def counting my lucky stars there, Wont be trying to fight it, Easier to just chuck the fine on payment at $5 a week and accept that my $1000 e28 is now a $1600 e28 =(

check the ticket for your rights. if you have the right to a written appeal, it might be worth the stamp to do so. they can't fine you more.

They are normally pretty reasonable. If you can say its a new car in poor weather and it was an accident.

However if you have a long history of being a twat in a car then they wont be kind.

• Like 1

However if you have a long history of being a twat in a car then they wont be kind.

ahhh.... twat tax

• Like 2

check the ticket for your rights. if you have the right to a written appeal, it might be worth the stamp to do so. they can't fine you more.

+1. You have to at least try. The anti-establishment rebel in you requires it. Stupid law.

... accept that my $1000 e28 is now a $1600 e28 =(

Still cheap for what it is. ;)

I got let off doing a bit of a drift on a roundabout once. In all honesty it was intentional, and i should have lost my licence for 6 but somehow he let me drive away. It was in the industrial part of town, late at night with 0 traffic and the roads were wet so it was pretty harmless, but i did still break the law and get away with it

+1. You have to at least try. The anti-establishment rebel in you requires it. Stupid law.

Ill give it a crack I suppose. Havent got much of a past.. just a whole bunch of paid no wof no reg fines from over 4 years ago.

Na, screw them, Just this other day this cop was thretning to tow away my car, I left it there the whole night, and now park there everytime I'm there, sitting, chilling infront of the friends bar.

There are some ways you are supposed to by pass these rats when they summon you, I have been told of something called the Tangata Fanua....You represent not as your name but as part of some maori union under the southern cross I'm told (Dont even ask) I don't know, I'll try to find out.. just appeal it, write a letter, explain condtions caused it not intention. I had a $400 fine from these pigs last year because I crashed my car and called them to report it, so eventually they kept changing the story and ended up pinning it on my lisence, for which I paid $25 to have NZTA fix it. :D

No ones above the law when it comes to pulling over BMW drivers, we are above it or we will burn them all down with their stupid laws! stone them i say, the cops, lets go stone everyone....

Edited by Dr. Jekyll

Na, screw them, Just this other day this cop was thretning to tow away my car, I left it there the whole night, and now park there everytime I'm there, sitting, chilling infront of the friends bar.

There are some ways you are supposed to by pass these rats when they summon you, I have been told of something called the Tangata Fanua....You represent not as your name but as part of some maori union under the southern cross I'm told (Dont even ask) I don't know, I'll try to find out.. just appeal it, write a letter, explain condtions caused it not intention. I had a $400 fine from these pigs last year because I crashed my car and called them to report it, so eventually they kept changing the story and ended up pinning it on my lisence, for which I paid $25 to have NZTA fix it. :D

No ones above the law when it comes to pulling over BMW drivers, we are above it or we will burn them all down with their stupid laws! stone them i say, the cops, lets go stone everyone....

...you for real?

• Like 3

I had a $400 fine from these pigs last year because I crashed my car and called them to report it, so eventually they kept changing the story and ended up pinning it on my lisence, for which I paid $25 to have NZTA fix it. :D

Hahahaha oh that's right. I completely forgot how retarded you are.

Booked that one way plane ticket yet?

• Like 1

...you for real?

I will ask my friend, he knows this way of some loop holes in the system, I also know this ex cop. trust me there is always a way outta these situations, paying the fine is a last resort, it happened to me. its their job to collect money, its yours to make sure they dont.

Hahahaha oh that's right. I completely forgot how retarded you are.

Booked that one way plane ticket yet?

no, still waiting to win the 5 million.

besides the people love me too much.

be a good citizen, call the cops = you are retarded "ya boi".

hey hey. karl..didn't you vote in john khon key twice? they hate him down here.. ya ya..up yours too karl..and your 525i land boat.. :P

Edited by Dr. Jekyll

Be thankful, my son, for "sustained loss of traction" got 6 months loss of licence, car impounded for 28 days, $1500+ court fees and fines plus a criminal conviction.

i concur, write in, advise of bad weather conditions. Maybe it was a combination of some standing water, old narrow tires and possibly some slippery road grime? Sounds like a pretty raw deal if you backed off and straightened up as soon as it happened.

• Like 1

Be thankful, my son, for "sustained loss of traction" got 6 months loss of licence, car impounded for 28 days, $1500+ court fees and fines plus a criminal conviction.

He couldnt do me for Sustained loss of traction. It wasnt in any way sustained. It was the car chopping a gear and sliding 2 feet.

Aaaalso, I was doing maybe 10kph?

Edited by pldubs

He couldnt do me for Sustained loss of traction. It wasnt in any way sustained. It was the car chopping a gear and sliding 2 feet.

Aaaalso, I was doing maybe 10kph?

Write in ALREADY! There's a good chance...

if i meet that friend of mine next week I'll ask him and I'll pm you some stuff, hes got these loopy loops of court all figured down.

Write in ALREADY! There's a good chance...

if i meet that friend of mine next week I'll ask him and I'll pm you some stuff, hes got these loopy loops of court all figured down.

Dont bother with the rubbish this kid is crapping on about. Just write in a nice, level headed, cool, calm and collected letter. If they let you off, cool, if they dont, chalk it up to experience.

• Like 2

Dont bother with the rubbish this kid is crapping on about. Just write in a nice, level headed, cool, calm and collected letter. If they let you off, cool, if they dont, chalk it up to experience.

where did I say "dont write in a in a nice, level headed, cool, calm and collected letter" ?

I said write in already, there is a good chance he will get off. just piss off..

@OP... fight it, ask for a free lawyer, if the condtion and situation is as you say, then there is no way these criminals in uniforms can pin you...there is always another way of doing things.....just go talk to your JOP if you like.

Edited by Dr. Jekyll

From Dictionary.com:

sus·tain[suh-steyn] Show IPA

verb (used with object)

to support, hold, or bear up from below; bear the weight of, as a structure.
to bear (a burden, charge, etc.).
to undergo, experience, or suffer (injury, loss, etc.); endure without giving way or yielding.
to keep (a person, the mind, the spirits, etc.) from giving way, as under trial or affliction.
to keep up or keep going, as an action or process: to sustain a conversation.
I guess it's got to be definition 5. So you would have to recognise the loss of traction and prolong it.