Sign in to follow this  
Red Dwarf

CWC...

Maybe nobody else cares but anyway...

SA 400, holy crap that was awesome! At the S.C.F'ING.G as well!

Yeowzers! Turn my back for 15 overs and it explodes.

Hoping so much the Black Caps put in a great performance against the Aussies today..!

Well, what can you say about that game?? Unbelievable stuff, thank god the Black Caps just made it over the line!

I am just going outside and may be some time!!!

• Like 1

Least they got over 150 this time, still 3 losses .......

Think of it as a bad dream, eventually you'll forget it all, eventually

Sri Lanka played like we should have played against Australia. Steady as she goes, a couple of runs an over, boundary when you get a duff delivery. I feel the rest of the batsmen, with the exclusion of Williamson, feel they need to replicate McCullum, but don't have the eye or the skill set. Vettori and Taylor used to be class acts, I remember Vettori rescuing NZ from a one day defeat with some very clever batting some years ago, what has happened?

Tuned into these guys on the weekend.

Had a good laugh. Something that I have never done before whilst watching cricket. Ever.

http://www.iheart.com/live/alternative-comntry-collective-6693/

Be warned. It is pretty rough. Leigh Heart was hammered drunk and hungover. There was lots of great nick names given to players. Talks about how the Aussie uniforms look like glow in the dark condoms. Breastfeeding talks. Every poor ginger kid in the crowd was found and hassled.

A few nicknames I remember.

Cumburger

ginger headed orphan

Steven Hawkings

The Hairy Javelin

Freddy Mercury

• Like 1

I am just going outside and may be some time!!!

Is that because you're going to try and teach the English players how to bowl?? I think my medium paced dibbly-dobblers would have posed more of a threat to the Sri Lankan batsmen than most of that tripe dished up during the run chase, FFS. Either there is no plan, or they are not accurate to execute it properly, whichever it is, simply not good enough.

Thanks for the Alternative commentary link Dan, I have been trying to find it on the radio for ages.

Is that because you're going to try and teach the English players how to bowl??

Once uttered by Capt. Lawrence Oates... I kinda feel the same way!!!

Edit: If NZ make the final I don't think we want to be playing Aus in Aus.

Totes - how is that avoided?

1. England wouldn't (read: couldn't shouldn't) make the quarters

Fixed that for you!

^ if somebody beats Aus (or us) beforehand is the only way!

That'd be match fixing

lol - even Australia haven't scored 400 in Australia and now South Africa have done it twice in a week... wow.

They have now.

Warner could have had a few more there too!

I'm beginning to worry about South Africa too, they seem to be clicking and De Villiers missed out last time!

Edit: If NZ make the final I don't think we want to be playing Aus in Aus.

Gotta beat all-comers though.

Annoyingly long time between games I reckon.

Piers Morgan , quote of the year.... "I wouldn't trust Downton & Moores to run a bath"... Brilliant

The only silver lining I can see is that England can't possibly get any worse!

That said... Well done Bangladesh, you out played, out thought and out hustled England...

Right... Lets get back to proper Cricket... Five days, white flannels, red ball!

Edited by Red Dwarf
  • Like 1

And I am back to doing more interesting things such as nothing in particular.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/67155854/icc-revoke-accreditation-for-alternative-commentary-collective-after-incident

No AC Collective no watch.

Too true, when you think England can't get any worse, they have a habit of proving you wrong....

Absolute shambles, too many players picked for their reputations rather than form or performances. Time for a total shake-up of the team and the back-room staff.

The most noticeable difference with the Black Caps (from watching them live on Sunday) is the 'energy' and 'zip' in the field, constantly high levels from NZ, nothing from England..

Too true, when you think England can't get any worse, they have a habit of proving you wrong....

Absolute shambles, too many players picked for their reputations rather than form or performances. Time for a total shake-up of the team and the back-room staff.

The most noticeable difference with the Black Caps (from watching them live on Sunday) is the 'energy' and 'zip' in the field, constantly high levels from NZ, nothing from England..

To badly misquote Monty Python "Look matey, this parrot cricket team wouldn't go voom if I put four thousand volts through it. It's bleeding demised"

I've followed them all over the world and I will always support them but it's hard not to feel let down sometimes.... As I said in my first post... Jesus it's hard work being an English cricket supporter!

Edited by Red Dwarf

Jesus it's hard work being an English cricket supporter!

Warrior supporters understand.

(And if people still cared, The Blues too)

• Like 5

^ Sorry, you're saying they aren't funny?

Mods; can we get a ban hammer happening here please?

Some of us (me & Dwarf for a start) are old school cricket fans that were brought up on the dulcet tones of Henry Blofeld and Brian Johnston talking about cakes and pigeons during the innings. We don't all find the same things funny...

Although getting banned by the ICC is pretty hilarious, fun police much??