Sign in to follow this  
FRT

Damn horse traders..

Very frustrating ringing up about car dealers ads on TradeMe. They keep listings up months after the cars has sold trying to get calls out of the old listing rather than doing the decent thing and take the listing down!!

All manor of excuses and BS when you waste your time calling... oh its all trademes fault, car just sold then two weeks later call again, car just sold... etc etc. Any one else noticed this?

Top of the list:

Buy Right Cars

Auto Z Cars

• Like 5

My Dad bought a car in March last year off a trademe importer and it is still listed

• Like 2

Common as - trying to get their moneys worth!

• Like 2

Hmm i might start asking if they can please please please find me one ASAP as I have the money to buy a car this week!! So after they have rung round all their dealer buddies and find one get it to the yard and ring me back ill have to give them the bad news that ive just bough one from <insert car yard opposite them>.... :lol:

• Like 4

report to trademe? Its against T&C to list something you dont have.

Edited by KwS

Its also against the fair trading act as a retail entity.

• Like 1

Hit the little 'Community Watch' thing on any listings where this happening, we usually chase up dealers on this sort of thing pretty well.

Edited by roo
  • Like 1

I've reported one listing before took two weeks but ad did come down in the end.

If they keep doing it do they risk loosing beings able to advertise?

It's a tricky one, it does rely on a few systems to talk to each other. Car dealers don't log on as you or I would and manage listings in that way. Their back end dealer management system talks to us and sends new vehicles to upload and any to remove. Some are slack, some have the odd issue and some leave them up there purely as marketing which we do try and chase up.

Perhaps a system to improve the service to customers, make trademe more money, and help lazy car dealers would be to register the VIN number when listing and have a feed to LTSA that replies back to trademe when the car changes registration or is first registered, this action would auto delete the listing.

Good idea, It takes NZTA years to make minor changes to any part of their systems, something like that would be out-of-date before it got into operation unfortunately.

Time for a drive around a few yards to kick some tyres? At least you can see the cars that are there...

What are you looking for, I'll let you know if I see any whilst browsing?

Rather view listings on tardme than have to deal with greasy, pushy assholes of sales people. Ill only hit a dealer once i know specifically which car im there to see.

+1

...Well ive tried to twist their arms up their back but ive never hit one.

Edited by FRT

Perhaps a system to improve the service to customers, make trademe more money, and help lazy car dealers would be to register the VIN number when listing and have a feed to LTSA that replies back to trademe when the car changes registration or is first registered, this action would auto delete the listing.

this communication already happens, when you fill the number plate in it will extract the rest of the information from NZTA database. however, it would require an update to NZTA system, not trademes, to do what you want, and i would say that is very unlikely.

Too complicated I reckon.

Just auto-expire listings after 28 days and require them to be 'reactivated' by explicit consent "yes, this vehicle is still available for sale". Reposting cars that don't exist will rapidly become tiresome.

thats pretty much the system now.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Rather view listings on tardme than have to deal with greasy, pushy assholes of sales people. Ill only hit a dealer once i know specifically which car im there to see.

I went shopping thru auckland late last year and I mean probably hit 80% ,took 3 days and to be honest I found most were pretty good, some would ask if they could help then when I said no left me to it. Did a few test drives etc and they are way way better than say the 80s/90s. In fact some times the yards are so big and full of stock that it could be hard to actually find someone if you had a question. You do get the odd one but I was pleasantly surprised in general

i buy and sell a lot of cars, so have dealt with a few dealers and for the most part, in the wellington region, ive found them to be pretty average. Pushy, rude and hang around like a bad smell. Theres only been a couple that were legitimately helpful and friendly.

• Like 1

I did think my experiences were better to what they were here in the Hawkes Bay, perhaps its a more, Dealers are bored because of so much less foot traffic thing in regional compared to big city,

maybe its also the price bracket your looking in, and whether they look at you as a tyre kicker, although with finance deals they probably find easy meat

I would have to say real Estate agents are so much worse its just beyond compare,dirty two faced lying lazy and arrogant forked tongue f*5kers

Edited by kwhelan
  • Like 2