Sign in to follow this  
mr E34

Mr E34's old 535is

M5 Money. Ok then.

• Like 3

Guest MP0wer

Out of curiosity, What do you guys think its worth?? Definitely not 25K.

Hi Boris, as you know I was going to buy this car in 2002 - when it's Forrest Hill owner wanted $16k. I mulled over it for a weekend and it got sold. I have to say it probably gets better with age- it's one of those scarce 25+ year old cars that has been cherished all of its life and still looks great.

However, as NZ values go- this is firmly in stellar condition, low -k E34 M5 territory.

Then again there is talk of a mint, Hell red 23,000 k E34 540is being bandied around for $50k. Go figure.

ive seen this around a few times, looks and sounds glorious, but youre going to be pushing sh*t up hill with your bare hands trying to move it for 25k.

15k maybe due to condition, but most are around 8-10k these days. 28k can get you an an E39 M5 or even an E60 M5.

This is the best BMW I have ever driven.

It is also aesthetically near perfect, seats, bodykit, stance, wheels etc.

I wish the seller all the best.

That engine with its tune and AFM delete sounds glorious.

Wish I had a spare 25k that I could spend without missing.

• Like 1

not sure if 12k but Martins was available and still is as far as i know, and as presentable as this oen

Martin's was 9k. Then you have 16k to replace everything.

There was also another for 8k. Both 535is.

Your comments are all very generous fellas but after having seen Boris' cars over the years I can't believe mine is comparable to this. Having said that, it wouldn't take much coin to bring it to close and certainly a lot less than the $16k price difference.

However, after having been dicked about by TM tyre-kickers mine is back in the garage. It's just too good a car to let go.

I've done nearly 4000 klms in it over the last six weeks. It's been absolutely faultless, is still great fun over the Paekakariki Hill and still turns heads. What could I possibly buy to replace it ?

[e] Whether this car is worth $25k or not I don't know. But if I was asking that sort of money I would be taking some decent photos. These are shocking.

Edited by martyyyn
  • Like 3