Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Anyone ride a bimmer too?

I'm looking at investing in a F650 as a more road capable stablemate for the wr450.

Most bikes in my price bracket are going to have covered at least 40k and between the years of 1996 and 2006. It is my understanding that for the most part the bmw motorcycle lineage especially the thumper are fairly reliable bikes and well capable of doing over 100k with effective servicing.

Does anyone have any experience on the dual sport bmw's and if so is there anything to look out for or avoid?

Cheers!

One day - I'm after a R-GS at some point.

My Bandit 1200 keeps me happy while I'm waiting.

I know I'm being a bit OCD about this but having had and toured around on a old R 100 CS as well as owning a BMW with 4 wheels I feel the need to point out the distinction.

Back in the day when BMW and BSA where racing against each other they where affectionately known as Beamers and Beezers. They have 2 wheels..lol

Bimmer is a car. Beamer a bike. :ph34r:;)

• Like 2

1200 GS is on the wish list as well.

What ever you buy be sure to follow NZ distance riders Facebook/website.

I've done a couple of rides including the 1000 miler on my 1098. Not the ideal bike to do it on but still fun. Hanging out for a GS for the next one.

S1000RR is on the to-buy list at some point - I miss my R6 and K4 ZX10, but the tech that they're putting into the new Beamers is insane.

• Like 1

i had a 1989 r100 gs pd. Do not be fooled,a GS is a road bike in disguise.But they are comfortable road bikes which can tackle all roads in NZ .

post-332-0-51702500-1448951321_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i had a 1989 r100 gs pd. Do not be fooled,a GS is a road bike in disguise.But they are comfortable road bikes which can tackle all roads in NZ .

Those Dakar ones look sweet.

I know a guy who has a 2015 or 2014 R 1200 GS which he rides all over the country and an e61 550i.