Sign in to follow this  
Dn540

Rare M3

Wow. And from Turners too, you'd think their staff would have better sense than that. 

They are getting blasted in the question section, took a screenshot to preserve this.,..

Fake m3.JPGfakeM3questions.JPG

fakeM3questions2.JPG

I'm tempted to post those screenshots to their Facebook page but don't want the attention, if anyone else would like to, feel free to use my screenshots. 

Edit: Done. Their page only lets you post 1 photo at a time and they review it before it shows up, so it'll probably never be seen...

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 2

They aren't good at checking the validity of a cars' description or providence.

Given they charge a seller for selling, and charge a buyer's premium, I'd expect them to make at least a little effort.

Definitely the correct plate for the car, VIN matches up and says  3' E46 BMW 320i

So not a false plate, and not surprising that they have it as what it has been (incorrectly) registered as, considering Trademe fills those fields in automatically when listing if you supply the plate number. But they should definitely know better as well!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gjm said:

They aren't good at checking the validity of a cars' description or providence.

Given they charge a seller for selling, and charge a buyer's premium, I'd expect them to make at least a little effort.

Turners have a 1977 Mercedes 350SL up for tender. According to their blurb, it 'seats 5'.
Really?
Even with the optional rear seats, you'd never, ever get more than 4 in there!

And to tell, you just have to look at the car. The pic says a lot, but doesn't tell you about the zero legroom in the back...

Photo '16' of Mercedes-Benz 350 SL

6 hours ago, huff3r said:

Definitely the correct plate for the car, VIN matches up and says  3' E46 BMW 320i

So not a false plate, and not surprising that they have it as what it has been (incorrectly) registered as, considering Trademe fills those fields in automatically when listing if you supply the plate number. But they should definitely know better as well!

This. Trademe harvests the details from the rego, so whoever entered the car details when it was originally imported is to blame. They also use some sort of listing software, so it probably just filled in the blanks in the listing too.

Its like the old registered date vs build date again.

Is it not an M3 then..?

LOL at all the keyboard warriors quoting laws and stuff.

All goes back to the ridiculous amount of freedom people have when registering used imports. Write what you want on the bit of paper and the lady will type it into the computer.

• Like 1

its like the special "Schnizter" registered cars running around with nothing but a badge on the back. I think we need more training or testing for whoever is responsible for entering these details, so they actually know what the car is, not just what the badge on the back says.

• Like 2

"To talk to a person who knows about this car call: 
Cody O'Neill 
03 343 9850"

Come on Cody

Edited by Cab