Sign in to follow this  
m_power

What do you have?

Ok, your young, you want a bmw, you have $6000 to spend + $1500 4 accessories, what would you have?

No matter what age, i would be spending the 7500(typo), not the 2 different amounts

Edited by nath

No matter what age, i would be spending the 6500, not the 2 different amounts

It's 7.5k total.

And yes, I agree. As said before, buy a solid BASE first, then work on your "accessories".

i think it really depends on what you plan on using it for, and how you plan on driving it.

i would get anything bigger than a 3 series, but thats just because it suits me. and im not a fan of big cars.

nice e30 as 6000 wont get a good e36. and use 7500 and find a minter 325.

A nice standardish 325i e30 manual

A nice standardish 325i e30 manual

Agreed....... Reliable and cheaper of the BMW cars to maintain!

Shame I just sold a mint 95 e36 325i SE for $5250....

E32 750iL, financial suicide, but f**king cool.

E24 635 CSi, will probably appreciate in value over time.

Otherwise an E34 535 manual, you'll understand when you own one after a while, awesome cars, even today.

e30 325i, or if possible an m325.. maybe a e36 318is? dont really know what they cost..

I went for a NZ new E36 318i manual ($4000), genuine M wheels ($1000), and the rest on oil changes trying to fix the dam ticking noise....

If Id found an E30 318is or 325i I would have got that instead. Just make sure its a manual, cant beat a BMW gearbox.

i disagree, we have bought 2 e36's for less than this and both were in excellent condition. first a 320i for $3100 then spent $2000 on mags tyres and springs, and $400 on tints. got that one looking wikid as for less than $6000. second was a 325 manual for $4500 then $2000 on 19" mags with tyres, its a work in progress but already looks gud as and so far only spent $6500 on it.

the best thing about both is that im a tiny chick whose barley 19 looks heaps younger and i love the looks i get driving around town in these!! lol!

to get the best deals you need to do your research and just hold fire until the right thing comes up, unlike most other young people who impulse buy!! good luck with your purchase!!

e30! more fun i think and an m325 will not lose value, but if you want to mod a bmw, e36 is pretty easy with lots of accessories available.

Edited by nz320i

if ur still looking check this out, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...6&key=41555 im willing to drop the price a bit coz ur a bimmersport member and ive had alot of help from here!!

Good Luck with your sale.. i've seen it around twn a bit, nice looking ride you got there!!..

I'd say e30 325i or m325 if you can get for around $7500. M325 would appreciate but getting harder to find a good one these days. maybe ane36 320?

Laurence.

i'd buy a fairly crap E30 for about 1500 and start building it into a race car, then i'd save up more money to finish it off.

what I said until I bought an e30 .. and would say they are the most fun to be had period.

try and find a e30 318iS

around 6-7k...4cylinder, good engine, lots of fun

m325i are nowhere near that now, unless you find an early pre FL mtech 1 thats pretty shabby

race car ollie? would cost way more than that...and cant really be used as a daily

i would have a iS over a normal 325i

For me. It has to be a white e30 f/l. 318 IS or 325, remembering that i would only spend 6k. Or maybe a really mint white f/l e30 318 with some awsome wheels. All would have to be manual ofcourse.