Sign in to follow this  
jjs

German Plates - NZ Euro Replicas

Has anyone ordered and received the new replica NZ euro plates from germanplates.com? Are they near identical to NZ spec? Wanting something as legal as possible...

And, any more news from people who have received a letter from the police regarding their german plates?

I haven't seen them in the flesh but they appear to be pretty much identical except the font, the new black ones are available from german plates now, they look sweet!

I have some of those, They come with the silver fern on the end but I got some BMW ones made to sit over the top of them. They look pretty close to 'proper' NZ Euro plates

post-29-1179037835_thumb.jpg

Ive seen a couple of sets up close and I couldnt tell any difference other than the font which is markedly different.

It is after the font that will catch you out, because thats being 'read' by a camera. The plates themselves will be hard to spot because they look so similar.

I would still be buying the overseas plate - I would love to wait and see how they plan to enforce it. (There is a plate builder on our front page that links straight to germanplates.com)

Ahhhh, Euro goodness.

post-1118-1179092212_thumb.jpgpost-1118-1179092195_thumb.jpg

Ive just ordered my black silverfern replicas - germanplates.com have sent me this preview

Posted Image

They set me back pretty much bang on $80 = helluva lot less than $399 for the same thing minus kiwi font. Definitely worth it.

I want a set of those dammit.

I have the blue silver fern from Germanplates.com Can't take a pix right now since I am at work.

But the blue bits (the southern cross star and the silver furn bit) is a sticker. But I had that for more than a year now, car is parked outdoor most of the time. Still as good as new.

Edit: typo

Edited by my_e36

Ive just ordered my black silverfern replicas - germanplates.com have sent me this preview

Posted Image

They set me back pretty much bang on $80 = helluva lot less than $399 for the same thing minus kiwi font. Definitely worth it.

Looks great.

I think it depends a lot which letters / numbers you have. Some look very similar to NZ spec, whereas others don't

I've had my German plates on for a couple of months now and had no problems. Have had two parking tickets as well and the wardens didn't notice them at all.

Plates.co.nz are releasing so many new styles at the moment that I think cops just presume they must be legal!

Looks great.

I think it depends a lot which letters / numbers you have. Some look very similar to NZ spec, whereas others don't

Work must be pretty slow at the mo Jeremy :P

Ummm i've had my plates on since Febuary, havent had any cops say anything (been pulled up once for a routine check) tho Stu + co did a bit of an um and er (joking i think) when it came to WOF time..

They would be joking. For the millionth time - plates are not a wof issue. You can go in with no plates if you want. (just means they have to f**k about entering the VIN on the computer system.)

The only trouble with my germanplates is that there is a couple of airbubbles under the sticker which I can't get out!

try using a pin to put a tiny hole in the sticker and squeze the air out - you'll never see the hole.

Never had a problem with my blue and white "D" German Plates... have had them for over 2 years. So i'm happy :)

Wohooo my german plates just arrived...cant wait for the day to finish so i can put them on!! Will post pics soon!

Wohooo my german plates just arrived...cant wait for the day to finish so i can put them on!! Will post pics soon!

Hope you got a front euro plate holder!

I got wacked with $150 for 'displaying an illegal rego plate'

Black euro plates though...

I really couldnt care less though. $150 is worth the pimpin blacked out gangsta stz lol

I got wacked with $150 for 'displaying an illegal rego plate'

Black euro plates though...

I really couldnt care less though. $150 is worth the pimpin blacked out gangsta stz lol

Heh! Does look real good though.

Lol lame.

Didn't Shane( e30 bandit) say that if you get a wof and go to a cop shop they'll wipe the fine?

hey so with the black euro plates are thay not alowed?

rats i was just about to get one.

might go for the ones with the black sides then. how much all up does it cost of german plates,

sweet

thanks

i got done for having the euro style ones. $200 fine

not worth having them on for $200

i got done for having the euro style ones. $200 fine

not worth having them on for $200

Was this the german style or NZ replicas?