Sign in to follow this  
international

Telecom or Vodafone

Telecome or Vodafone?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is no more Xtra. Hasn't been for a long time. Telecom Broadband now, not Xtra broadband.

Let me compare customer service this way, and I can only speak from experience of BB support because that is the field I'm in. I know nothing of mobile etc except what I'm told/read.

Telecom - Call Tier one, usualy get to overseas helpdesk, spend at least 20 mins on the phone. Get to Tier 2 who fixes immediately as they have access to remote managing systems and tools to fix.

Other companies - Call Tier one, get to overseas helpdesk, spend at least 20 mins on the phone. There either is no Tier 2, or if there is, they have to go through a wholesale helpdesk to find a resolution which takes a long time. Trust me, it does, I have friends that work in Tier 2 support for other BB companies. Large companies, and it takes up to 2 weeks for a simple PVC recreate, which is a 5 minute job. Tops.

You tell me which is better. Of course the other companies might credit you for your inconvinience, but so does Telecom if you are genuinely inconvenienced.

If you want Naked DSL, its available. Do it, and pay the same amount you would as if you had a land line anyway. Wait a couple months. New things on the horizon

I am not loyal to one company. But Telecom still does not have anything that would make me want to change.

Thier ad's that pretty much only state "Our network is better" don't do anything for me ah.

If the ad's were about how they are going to drop their prices to create a war between the two very stale companies it would gain my interest.

Nah let down badly by Xtra (I don't differentiate - all the same company to me), but yeah don't like the foreign helpdesk outsourcing vodafone went to.

Don't like paying for a home phone I only want broadband through either

4c (and counting)

Im mobile broadband so I get NZ helpdesks HA.

And Vodafone never bloody answer.

Last year, I was trying to sort out a billing issue that they charge me around $25 worth of calls which should have been free (BestMate). After an hour I got a my credit but only because customer service got fed up, not because they admit wrong-doing.

Last week I had problem with my phoneline, called Telecom 120 (faults). Talked to a human person (almost) straight away, ran some simple tests, next day send out a tech to my house, fixed in 30 minutes.

Which is better? You be the judge.

Last year, I was trying to sort out a billing issue that they charge me around $25 worth of calls which should have been free (BestMate). After an hour I got a my credit but only because customer service got fed up, not because they admit wrong-doing.

Last week I had problem with my phoneline, called Telecom 120 (faults). Talked to a human person (almost) straight away, ran some simple tests, next day send out a tech to my house, fixed in 30 minutes.

Which is better? You be the judge.

Try 6 months of disputes with vodafone - including having the phone disconnect and account sent to a collections agency... even tho i was paying my bill... I had a massive bill due to failure of their systems, text account balance, self-impossed credit limits, wrong address in the system (a place i had never lived).

I think i ended up calling them over 30 times in 4 months to try and sort it out. Their collections department only works from 9-5, and have no inbound lines (SO YOU CAN'T CALL THEM!)...