Sign in to follow this  
international

Telecom or Vodafone

Telecome or Vodafone?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bah Humbug Ollie! Stick with it Spanner Girl. Be an individual.

On the comments regarding the sales of phones and the knowledge. None of those people actually work for Telecom or Vodafone, nor have any real understanding about the technology behind the networks.

*sic is correct about Australia, we had a much better range of choice of providers. However, in reality, there are only 3 networks. Optus, Telstra & Hutchison (AAPT, could, but I'm sure they were fixed line only). I am surprised that 3 (Hutchisons network) has not had a bigger take up by now. Some of the content on there is cool.

I must say, that I predominantly use my phone as a phone, text 2nd. But it is much easier to travel the world with a GSM/Triband phone.

I'm with Tim on the real-time video calling on Vodafone. Telecoms offering sucks big-time. Pre-recording and then MMS the content. How lame.

CDMA and GSM both have very good arguments. Telecom made a good bet early on, but stopped investing the network. So have since fallen behind. The new World phones which I now have one of are much better, than the old CDMA ones.

In reality, Telecom want to be like Transpower and be a bulk provider of bandwidth(i.e. the transmission provider). Customers mean hassle, so the fewer they have the better.

Edited by Cain

Nope Im not going to change it. thats right Cain its called individual and im proud to be one!

Get some glasses Ollie

Edited by Carl

i dont really use my phone much,so cause my daughter and wife have telecom, i have one too.Both my and Marys are prepay,but we bill em to our home phone number so its quite convenient.Amy has telecom so she can get her thousand texts(boost?) and she uses them too!

My daughter!!! :angry:

Yeah i reckon... I send around 1000 a month... Kindof seeing the pitfalls of txting. Alot of stuff gets miscommunicated.. causes problems.

They are both sh*t, Because NZ isnt big enough to supply decent sh*t to, everything is kindof 2nds.

Edited by BMW Power

A large Austrailian provider needs to team-up with Orcon [Not Sling Shot!] so we can hurry up NZs competition in a way that we have lower costs of calling/texting/broadband, not to mention other spin offs like technology sharing, customer support etc etc...

A large Austrailian provider needs to team-up with Orcon [Not Sling Shot!] so we can hurry up NZs competition in a way that we have lower costs of calling/texting/broadband, not to mention other spin offs like technology sharing, customer support etc etc...

They just have (kind of)

Orcon has a new parent; we have been purchased by Kordiaâ„¢

As you may have heard, Orcon has recently been purchased by the Kordiaâ„¢ Group.

This is perhaps the most exciting development in Orcon's 10 year history, and we are thrilled to be a part of the Kordiaâ„¢ Group! We know that this raises two very important questions: what does this mean, and who exactly is Kordiaâ„¢?

What does this mean?

The first thing we want to make absolutely clear is that it is business as usual for us here at Orcon. We will continue to offer the same great products and services, at the same great prices.

Most importantly, you will continue to receive the same great service that you have come to expect from us here at Orcon. Kordiaâ„¢ fully support us in our vision to deliver cutting edge communications and Internet products and services backed by the best possible service.

The great thing about having Kordiaâ„¢ as a parent is the contributions that they can make over and above what we already offer. Think more products, new services, and competitive pricing, all with the same great Orcon service. We are also really proud to say that Orcon remains a 100% Kiwi-owned company!

Watch this space... we'll keep you posted with what's on the way.

Who is Kordiaâ„¢?

Kordiaâ„¢ is a Kiwi company that works in the telecommunications, media, and technology sectors. We have been working with Kordiaâ„¢ for years as a supplier, and so they know our business really well.

If you would like to know more about them, check out the Kordiaâ„¢ website: www.Kordiasolutions.com

Thanks,

The Orcon team

www.orcon.net.nz

wow...holy holy mack~

TalkEasy National

Make as many calls as you want from your home phone to other land lines in New Zealand.

Each call can be up to 1 hour in length. If you want to talk for longer than an hour, just hang up and call right back.

TalkEasy World

Make as many calls as you want from your home phone to other land lines in 30 countries around the world.

Each call can be up to 1 hour in length. If you want to talk for longer than an hour, just hang up and call right back.

TalkEasy Mobile

Make up to 100 minutes of calls to mobile phones on any network in New Zealand.

All plans $20 each...thats bloody cheap~

And they seem to sound honest too...."Each call can be up to 1 hour in length. If you want to talk for longer than an hour, just hang up and call right back. "

Orcon has a new parent; we have been purchased by Kordiaâ„¢

Ah yeah....

As i was saying....

If you guys do have any questions about this I can answer you with a font colour other than pink

Edited by OLLIE

im on telecom flexi... got my fone for half price, plus i didnt pay anything up front for it the cost of the fone is just added to the bill each month so i pay it off over 12mnths interest free.

i get $10 text (either 500 to any, or 2000 to 027) and 100 off peak mins a month

cost is $30, im happy with it

Edited by 328imobbin

Those plans do look decent from Orcon. However they make all their $$ from charging more for line rental (which they wholesale from Tcom and some retarded uncompetitive rate)

I'd expect to see Orcon roll out on Vodafones network the same way TelstraClear has.

I notice Kordia offer 'true' wireless broadband. I suspect this is resale of Wiredcountry run by the most terrible company, Compass.

Hi Andrew

I'd be keen to hear your issues with Karim & Compass. I dealt with them as they started up years ago, and we secured the power for their network.

Haven't heard a lot about them since I've come home. They were doing tolls mainly then.

Hi Andrew

I'd be keen to hear your issues with Karim & Compass. I dealt with them as they started up years ago, and we secured the power for their network.

Haven't heard a lot about them since I've come home. They were doing tolls mainly then.

just noob customer service and sales

Those plans do look decent from Orcon. However they make all their $$ from charging more for line rental (which they wholesale from Tcom and some retarded uncompetitive rate)

The Wholesale from Tcom is True However the retarded uncompetitive rate is not.

TCom offer a line rental at approximately $42 and Orcon offer is at $44.95 which is not a lot more to pay per month!

Also this includes all your wiring and maintenence charges which are NOT included in your Tcom line rental.

Honestly what is the big deal with $2 extra per month. Its a bottle of coke!

and im changing to blue writing because I WANT TO

Edited by OLLIE
un-neccessary swearing

Worked for Vodafone twice now. Fired both times too. Sued and won both times too. But I will still stick by there network. Mainly for the travel ability and GSM phones. I like my technology and Telecoms phones are a joke.

But as for the comment by someone about the hidden base plans. Who told you that story? The base plan is the Choose 20 and has been for about a year. There was a time where the Get 70 was avalible at the same time but it was the same base price of $20 per month. So I dont know what your on about.

One main reason why Telecon is changing to GSM is due to Nokia deciding they wont make CDMA phones anymore. This stops very soon I think.

I also cant stand Telecon's shocking adds. They took Gary the Txt tosser off the air due to the hate he was receiving on the street. And the new clever toys adds piss me off so much. Everytime it comes on the Radio I change the station as fast as possible. Im not violent but my god those adds get me going. They even make my Mum who couldn't care less about phones angry. I still dont know what the adds are about ether.

Worked for Vodafone twice now. Fired both times too. Sued and won both times too. But I will still stick by there network. Mainly for the travel ability and GSM phones. I like my technology and Telecoms phones are a joke.

But as for the comment by someone about the hidden base plans. Who told you that story? The base plan is the Choose 20 and has been for about a year. There was a time where the Get 70 was avalible at the same time but it was the same base price of $20 per month. So I dont know what your on about.

One main reason why Telecon is changing to GSM is due to Nokia deciding they wont make CDMA phones anymore. This stops very soon I think.

I also cant stand Telecon's shocking adds. They took Gary the Txt tosser off the air due to the hate he was receiving on the street. And the new clever toys adds piss me off so much. Everytime it comes on the Radio I change the station as fast as possible. Im not violent but my god those adds get me going. They even make my Mum who couldn't care less about phones angry. I still dont know what the adds are about ether.

Telecom ads are sh*t lol...

OMG I have an online buying fetish...OMG I bought the dog from the internet...OMG what the heck will you kids do with 20K when you join xtra...Ill use that money to sue xtra...aka telecom...

At least the Vodafone ads are more sensible and far more creative...Make the most of it now...its better than people crying on TV omg I miss you crap...

Telecom ads are sh*t lol...

OMG I have an online buying fetish...OMG I bought the dog from the internet...OMG what the heck will you kids do with 20K when you join xtra...Ill use that money to sue xtra...aka telecom...

At least the Vodafone ads are more sensible and far more creative...Make the most of it now...its better than people crying on TV omg I miss you crap...

Word.

Its like they are targeting halfwits. Clever toys! Who are they trying to target? 10 year olds? Even they are irritated.

work phone ftw! being a telecom, i will probably buy a vagifone for myself sometime.... cooler "clever toys"

Edited by Chris C

Apples with apples yo.

Voda is a much larger company. assuming you mean voda nz vs telecom nz, i go telecom.. because thats where i work :)

Old thread, but for some reason keeps popping up on the new posts list??