Sign in to follow this  
3 SERIES

Colour Coding Bumpers & Skirts

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has painted their bumpers and side skirts to match their car?

There is not alot that really has to be painted. Wondering what an approximate price would be to do his.

Anyone in Wellington want a perk job :)

Cheers

post-1591-1181806993_thumb.jpg

post-1591-1181807005_thumb.jpg

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has painted their bumpers and side skirts to match their car?

There is not alot that really has to be painted. Wondering what an approximate price would be to do his.

Anyone in Wellington want a perk job :)

Cheers

I don't know how much it will cost, but I know it will look WAAAAAAAAAYYYY better! Definitely a recommended upgrade :-)

prob looking at 200ish for each bumper... plus 200 for both skirts...plus blending so bout 800ish would be my guess

Mine has been colour coded in some stage in its life, I've even got the reciepts in the service history lol..

$80 per sideskirt, $100 for the front bumper, $120 for the rear including the upper lip.

Mine has been colour coded in some stage in its life, I've even got the reciepts in the service history lol..

$80 per sideskirt, $100 for the front bumper, $120 for the rear including the upper lip.

Cheap. Where, when and quality? Cheers.

Cheap. Where, when and quality? Cheers.

Christchurch, Don't have my car this week (to check the invoices) as ironically mum is using it while her e30 is at the panel beaters.

These prices are standard of the panel beaters around here, In CHCH I recommend DT Panel and Performance (71 Byron St) - Quality is very good, I couldn't fault the job on mums car (so far!) very impressed, no runs, machine marks or anything.

While back in Hastings for the Weekend I went to see the old mans friend who a panel beater/painter. He quoted $600 + gst, but for me $350 (mates rates)

Pretty happy with that price :)

DIY?

nah man, that's pretty rough :)

Ive spent alot of coin on my car, not gunna wreck it with a couple of spray bombs from supercheaps aye!

nah man, that's pretty rough :)

Ive spent alot of coin on my car, not gunna wreck it with a couple of spray bombs from supercheaps aye!

Jesus...got quoted 1K for mine done...

I it was 1K because I was looking at 300 for front and 300 for rear and 300 for sides and then 100 for taking them off the car to be painted then fitted again...

Did I just get a ripped quote? Or is that how they do things in North Shore?

Jesus...got quoted 1K for mine done...

I it was 1K because I was looking at 300 for front and 300 for rear and 300 for sides and then 100 for taking them off the car to be painted then fitted again...

Did I just get a ripped quote? Or is that how they do things in North Shore?

Always get atleast 3 quotes, then hit the middle priced option.

If you can get to Onehunga, maybe remove parts yourself etc, try out "Goldsmith Panel & Paint" -- did work on my subbie and two bimmers, I recommend there price, and workmanship is good. (Can be a little rough like not cleaning interior from paint dust, but nothing major to get out the air gun!)

seriously, its worth 1k to get it done properly.

nothing worse than 2 years down the track, it starts to come off.

seriously, its worth 1k to get it done properly.

nothing worse than 2 years down the track, it starts to come off.

Right...that made me feel better lol...

Got my quote from:

http://www.precisionautowerk.co.nz/

Went to get the quote today...service was very good...looked professional and the the lobby was better than you average hotel...lol I mean who would put an antique Porsche Speedster as the centre piece?

The client manager did say "we can have coffee in the lobby while you wait..." I suppose thats the kind of service you get when you pay that price? lol

It costed $250 here in dunedin to get my skirt front and rear bumper colour coded.

We paid $250 to have this exact same job done on a Primera about 3 years ago. Was a perfect colour match by professional painter. Has lasted 3 years with no sign of peeling - saw her just this afternoon. Will be getting quotes to do the same on our new 328i sedan this week here in Tauranga from shop that's touched up the front bar on our GT-R...

Right...that made me feel better lol...

Got my quote from:

http://www.precisionautowerk.co.nz/

Went to get the quote today...service was very good...looked professional and the the lobby was better than you average hotel...lol I mean who would put an antique Porsche Speedster as the centre piece?

The client manager did say "we can have coffee in the lobby while you wait..." I suppose thats the kind of service you get when you pay that price? lol

Precision Autowerk are topnotch, although they charge a premium for what they do, but they do it perfectly.

Did you get a look around the workshop out the back? Because its the cleanest place I think I've seen, and the equipment they have is the latest. Actually Highly recommended from me and the people I know who have had work done from them.

A quote of 1k from them is about right for the job you want. And they will do it to the highest standard.

Precision Autowerk are topnotch, although they charge a premium for what they do, but they do it perfectly.

Did you get a look around the workshop out the back? Because its the cleanest place I think I've seen, and the equipment they have is the latest. Actually Highly recommended from me and the people I know who have had work done from them.

A quote of 1k from them is about right for the job you want. And they will do it to the highest standard.

Yes indeed...great service but its really not the type of panel beaters for a high school student lol :D

I completely agree that it is worth paying for quality.

But, is it really worth spending $1k on something that will have a negligible return when you go to sell your vehicle?

I completely agree that it is worth paying for quality.

But, is it really worth spending $1k on something that will have a negligible return when you go to sell your vehicle?

No of cause not...Had a long thought....Lets say if I had totally smashed the front and required new body kits...I might as well get a M Kit and get it done there...but theres nothing major...so yea...

Just got quoted $180 for the front, sides, rear bumper & lower 'diffuser' bit. Guaranteed for life of the paint.

Think we'll get them to spray us an M3 front bumper too :D

Wholly crap thats cheap.

I am real keen to find somewhere that does it that cheap around here!

I know! And that's with them sanding the strips, using proper primer/undercoat for that type of plastic, masking and blending. They garantee the colour match and that the paint will remain stuck where it belongs for years.

We just got our GT-R lower lip back from them and its as good as new :D

Our family has sent a bit of business thier way with Sharons dad dealing in the odd used car exchange but not to a great economic value so that price is hardly what you'd call 'mates rates'.

I think some places have a rediculous hourly rate for such a simple job, hence the high prices some quote ;)

They're panel beaters & spray painters not investment bankers, doctors or I.T. wizards B)

Just got quoted $180 for the front, sides, rear bumper & lower 'diffuser' bit. Guaranteed for life of the paint.

Think we'll get them to spray us an M3 front bumper too :D

is that at Tauranga?

im pretty sure the grey sideskirts have body colour underneath them, the grey comes off with a lot of elbow grease......