Sign in to follow this  
jpp

NZ$20k E30 M3

Good buying.

I guess if it is RHD or more than 20 years old it can be complied?

would probably need to export and re import...unless it was 20 years old when it arrived here for the first time. or unless the law has changed recently?

it goes on the day it was first rego'd (in country of origin) so just because it a 86 dont mean if can be rego'd unless it was sold straight away from showroom..stupid huh! might pay to check it out before purchase

good price tho..

im wanting to go to uni so if anyone wants a 89 220hp m3 pm me...id take $20,000 and could garantee it in better nick..

post-1937-1193229127.jpg

it goes on the day it was first rego'd (in country of origin) so just because it a 86 dont mean if can be rego'd unless it was sold straight away from showroom..stupid huh! might pay to check it out before purchase

good price tho..

im wanting to go to uni so if anyone wants a 89 220hp m3 pm me...id take $20,000 and could garantee it in better nick..

registerable in NZ??

220hp, how? engine rebuild?

got any good pics?

registerable in NZ??

220hp, how? engine rebuild?

got any good pics?

sorry 215 hp! nothing has been done to engine..its the later model euro spec with catalyst version..

built between 04/89-07/89 and 09/89-12/90

1900 built i believe??

working on decent pics now

if someone can help me by letting me know how to shrink files for bimmersport il post them under a for sale add..otherwise flick me a email at chompa_chompa@hotmail.com and il email them too you...

if you are wanting the evo seats in there purchase price is 22,000.00

20,000 is with standard e30 m3 seats....those seats are very rare unless you own a evo and id like to keep them.

also id also put in writing, should the new owner wish to sell me back the car in four years time after in graduate(wishful thinking maybe) i will give them ten grand profit! on top of purchase price and any reciepts he has since buying the car from me...within reason (please dont be tring to sqeeze any other engine in there)

liam

be careful this guy has heaps of cars in stock that CAN NOT be registered. Maybe this one is a fresh import? I was looking at one he had earlier this year, and he was quite evasive when I asked some 'reasonable' questions regarding compliance and registration. If you do try and re-export, then import you will still run into all sorts of trouble. There are minimum lengths of time that a car must stay overseas, can be quite a headache.

Best to do a whole lot of research, then go and see the guys at the IMVDA, very very helpful people.

I've spoken to Tony (TWR) about this particular car.

He says it's a 1986, first registered in Germany in 1986, then it was later exported to Japan.

The car itself is still in Japan so he's waiting for a keen buyer here with a deposit.

So should be fine as long as it passes initial compliance check.

BTW saw your car on TM Ollie - how's the sale going?

If you still have your M3 around Feb chompa I would be interested. But at the moment I am at Uni. And still have to sell my current car.

hey guys car is sold! and im very very gutted! give me five years and il get it back!

Yes, I flew down to Wellington today and took this off Liam's hands.

Ollie and myself will now have twin lachsilber (salmon silver) e30 m3's :) expect them at runs in the future.

Welcome to the club bro ... so happy you are now with us ...

nice work dude, looks good. looking forward to seeing some good josh pics

Talking of ex Jap M3's

This was at Manfield last friday having it's first run on the track.

post-1090-1195675411_thumb.jpgpost-1090-1195675442_thumb.jpg

Was a black TWR car has been built to a very high standard by Palmerston owner.

Talking of ex Jap M3's

post-1090-1195675411_thumb.jpgpost-1090-1195675442_thumb.jpg

I've seen that on the trailer around palmy a few times.very cool.

Guest 540Si

Talking of ex Jap M3's

Wow that looks quite impressive

Will it be racing this weekend? I'm coming down for a nosey saturday

Wow that looks quite impressive

Will it be racing this weekend? I'm coming down for a nosey saturday

No was his first time out in it. And after seeing the way I drive he was keen to keep away!

Trying to talk him into the Taupo round open class.

Looks nice!! :)

I take it he has a 2.3L engine in it, not the 2.5L evo engine. Did you get a chance to have a look at the engine bay? Do you know if he added a few things to the engine or did he keen the engine pretty stock?

FWIW: what sort of requirements do you have to meet to enter an 'Open Class' race??

Laurence.

Edited by Old_Skool_Bmw

Looks nice!! :)

I take it he has a 2.3L engine in it, not the 2.5L evo engine. Did you get a chance to have a look at the engine bay? Do you know if he added a few things to the engine or did he keen the engine pretty stock?

FWIW: what sort of requirements do you have to meet to enter an 'Open Class' race??

Laurence.

Standard 2.3l Just with K&N in std airbox and Exhaust Koni coliovers and AP brakes very nice package not Conrad fast but very nice.

Open Class Regs