Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

Looks like there'll be a V8 M3 motor for sale soon !!!

So I have it to good authority that the first E92 M3 has been wrote off in NZ - by non other than an autocar journalist .... Apparently it's the white one owned by BMW NZ.

The journalist switched off all safety features and lost it around a corner and came to an abrupt stop at a light pole, setting off all airbags and extensively damaging the car.

I am waiting on photos .. once I get it (if I get it - as apparently it's all hush hush at the moment) - I'll post them up.

Somebody's not going to have a very good new years I think ...

Guest 540Si

So I have it to good authority that the first E92 M3 has been wrote off in NZ - by non other than an autocar journalist .... Apparently it's the white one owned by BMW NZ.

The journalist switched off all safety features and lost it around a corner and came to an abrupt stop at a light pole, setting off all airbags and extensively damaging the car.

I am waiting on photos .. once I get it (if I get it - as apparently it's all hush hush at the moment) - I'll post them up.

Somebody's not going to have a very good new years I think ...

Oh dear

that's an expensive oops!

Makes you laugh a little though when you hear about a journo going "I'll turn all that sh*t off and drive it how it's supposed to be driven!"

:lol: silly bugger.

Oh well that would be a nice engine to shoe horn into an e36 m3 just like mine......

dreams are free i guess ^_^

Edited by btccm3

bit of a snip and tuck why not

Guest Rick James

It will probably sit on trademe forever like that CSL

Money where the mouth is someone....

it will be bought for 20k like that CSL quickly then sit on trademe forever at double the price ;)

will end up in some rich guys race car i bet or sold overseas

will end up in some rich guys race car i bet or sold overseas

What you mean like some plonkers kit car or worse ;;; a Jappa!

What you mean like some plonkers kit car or worse ;;; a Jappa!

na somebody with a e36 or like with loads of $$$$ to throw at it , shoe horn the m-v8 in .and race it.

yea or a space frame kit car or like

Okay I have the photos in my possession - however I've been given strict instruction from the person that passed it onto me that I shouldn't post them up on the internet (and I am not going to yet just so I don't end up getting the person fired over this)

I can say that the car is pretty f**ked .. hit on the left hand side dead on B pillar (the car is almost in a V shape from the top view) - passenger seat reduced to half of what it used to be with a lot of blood on the passenger airbags.

I'll post up the photos a bit later on when there's less of a stigma surrounding the crash and less of a desire from BMW NZ to keep this hush hush ...

Edited by M3_Power

Guest Rick James

Pole or tree?

The stigma will be toward the magazine, not the car manufacturer... Cars can't make you act like a dickhead (Evo 6.5's being the exception :D )

na somebody with a e36 or like with loads of $$$$ to throw at it , shoe horn the m-v8 in .and race it.

yea or a space frame kit car or like

yes please ill go get the loan now

!

Okay I have the photos in my possession - however I've been given strict instruction from the person that passed it onto me that I shouldn't post them up on the internet (and I am not going to yet just so I don't end up getting the person fired over this)

I can say that the car is pretty f**ked .. hit on the left hand side dead on B pillar (the car is almost in a V shape from the top view) - passenger seat reduced to half of what it used to be with a lot of blood on the passenger airbags.

I'll post up the photos a bit later on when there's less of a stigma surrounding the crash and less of a desire from BMW NZ to keep this hush hush ...

Ouch. Hope the driver wasn't hurt too badly.

all im saying is that i have the video on my phone showing all the damage, and that i will put it up at a later date

heard this awhile ago from my neighbour aswell but heard it was the red one which was crashed?

I believe Autocar and BMW have a good relationship as Autocar seem to rave about and feature there product in every issue. I wonder if this will affect things??

They should publish pictures on the front cover, it worked wonders for wheels in the mid nineties when their European based journalist (Peter Robson?) biffed a new pre production Diablo.

That would make for a nice e30 conversion! Out of my projected budget though im guessing.

heard this awhile ago from my neighbour aswell but heard it was the red one which was crashed?

Definitely the white one .... the red one is for sale at Team McMillan in newmarket.

Post that sh*t or don't brag about having it.

You wouldn't say that if publishing the photos taken in an employer's premises could potentially result in your ass being fired ... be patient people ... I will post the photos .. just not right now.

And if you are really desperate to see them in person call me and I'll show them to you on my phone .... 021 281 0155 (don't ask me to pxt .. because I won't)

Edited by M3_Power

You wouldn't say that if publishing the photos taken in an employer's premises could potentially result in your ass being fired ... be patient people ... I will post the photos .. just not right now.

If thats the case then you shouldnt have taken the photos in the first place !

Ouch. Hope the driver wasn't hurt too badly.

Sounds like a passenger was though.

I believe Autocar and BMW have a good relationship as Autocar seem to rave about and feature there product in every issue. I wonder if this will affect things??

They should publish pictures on the front cover, it worked wonders for wheels in the mid nineties when their European based journalist (Peter Robson?) biffed a new pre production Diablo.

That would make for a nice e30 conversion! Out of my projected budget though im guessing.

Would be an insurance job... whats the biggie?

Post that sh*t or don't brag about having it.

Hard.

If thats the case then you shouldnt have taken the photos in the first place !

Read the post properly ... I got sent the photos by an employee - I don't work for BMW

Read the post properly ... I got sent the photos by an employee - I don't work for BMW

Whats the difference?

You claim to have something you shouldnt....and your bragging about it.

Either put up or shut up, its thats simple.