Sign in to follow this  
bravo

New WOF rules

The new rules regarding vehicle noise come into effect on 1 June.

A new rule relating to tyres came quietly into force in November - you now need 1.5mm of tread across the entire tread pattern around the entire tyre, not 3/4 like the old rules.

Does anyone know when the date for radar detectors to be banned is???

Does anyone know when the date for radar detectors to be banned is???

They are fazing them out slowly, pretty sure it’s the end of 09.. either way its going to be very hard to police as technology will simply evolve to suit.

They are fazing them out slowly, pretty sure it’s the end of 09.. either way its going to be very hard to police as technology will simply evolve to suit.

Could integrate them into the check panel in E30s...

How did you find out about the tread rule Graeme #1?

Here

I occasionally have a browse through the news section of the LTSA website as they often "sneak" things through with the only announcement being on that part of their site. Its been a few months since I looked the site.

Edited by bravo

Here

I occasionally have a browse through the news section of the LTSA website as they often "sneak" things through with the only announcement being on that part of their site. Its been a few months since I looked the site.

I've been checking the site lately.. Am still waiting for this law to be passed (if it ever is)

http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/consultation/front...dment-rule.html

Laurence.

New check point rules coming out in '09 too

All check points will be having a mobile car crusher at the check point for unregistered, non warranted and non certed cars that are 5 years or older... not tolerance given.

GO THE SLABS

New check point rules coming out in '09 too

All check points will be having a mobile car crusher at the check point for unregistered, non warranted and non certed cars that are 5 years or older... not tolerance given.

GO THE SLABS

They should keep the driver in when they crush it too !!

can't wait for that tyre law and the exhuast law to come in personally....

can't wait for that tyre law and the exhuast law to come in personally....

+1 Totaly agree there....20 yrs late tho

Some countries its 3mm for tyres

Manufacturers fit wear indicators at 2mm for water dissipation

I really wonder why LTSA has stuck to 1.5mm ....is it PC & pockets = votes ??

Damn, Should hopefuly have a legal slab by then :D

yeh car crushing is just ridiculous, what a waste of time, and our money most likely. they should use their energy into solving our raising crime rate.

Edited by togate

I'm all for mobile car crushers!

Unsafe cars are serious crime in my opinion. The dickheads who drive them endanger my family, friends & myself. And should be crushed in the car also.

Edited by Cain

Unsafe cars are serious crime in my opinion. The dickheads who drive them endanger my family, friends & myself. And should be crushed in the car also.

+1

Just because a car has no WOF or REG doesn’t mean it’s unsafe. Mobile car crushing sounds ridiculous. I wish they would spend some money on driver training subsidies.

Me too, on the proviso that the cops know what is legal and what isn't. WHICH THEY DON"T.

Plenty of examples of stickered cars that are found not to need a cert when they are checked.

Once the car is crushed no way you can prove they were wrong. I think you will find that our legal system won't actually allow it as you must be given the chance to defend your case in court - you can not be given an irresversible punishment at the time of the offence.

Edited by bravo

Just because a car has no WOF or REG doesn’t mean it’s unsafe. Mobile car crushing sounds ridiculous. I wish they would spend some money on driver training subsidies.

I disagree entirely. You can get nearly anything you like certified in NZ. So if you have modded your car and not got an engineer to sign it off. Crush that piece of sh*t, or keep it on the racetrack.

I agree entirely about driver training.

yeah well not every has $500 or more for a simple cert :\

And? Please see the thread on school 1977 vs 2007. Harden up!

If you can't afford to do it properly, don't do it. End of story.

100% agree with you Cain, if you can't afford it, leave it alone, the odds are you will be doing it on the cheap and nasty anyway.

certs are a waste of time and money imo my cars already been checked and deemed safe i dont need sum chump with a clipboard doing a $500 check and slapping a piece of metal on my car