Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Truckies protest

yes, and at the moment the money is going where? not there.

Remove the DPB, remove the dole, or at least make the conditions much more strict. Put taxpayers money into systems that will BENEFIT this country.

NZ needs some racism, some sexism, some political incorrectness and a f**king kick up the backside.

Ive been listening to too much flobots.

rant rant moan moan shut up pjay

If the charges go up every year, where is the surprise they have gone up again and why is it WIDELY reported that charges havent increased for 18 years ?

Widely reported by whom. Ask anyone with a diesel vehicle how often RUC charges go up

Trucks cause the majority of the damage and spew out the majority of the toxins into the air, so why shouldnt they share the cost of that ?

Toxins in the air from diesel. Incase you didn't know diesel is less toxic than petrol

Look, Ill be the first to admit I dont know a great deal about the whole trucker/company relationship but are you telling me the truckers sign a 'fixed price' contract with the company and then have to cover the brunt of any potential changes in the economy.....in the current market with oil hitting new prices, are they stupid ?

Fixed price contracts. Yes most contracts are like that and companies do have to cover the price rises. Stupid? Probably, given the way fuel is going up lately

If youre a trucker, how about you tell us just how it is, I wouldnt mind hearing it from the source and and more than happy to be proven wrong, but Im sorry, Im fed up with people complaining about how were supposed to fix the road, provide renewable energy etc and then cry foul when they are hit with higher charges or find a wind farm going up.

Not Trucking anymore. Got sick of the bad press every day. People blaming me for "bad roads - pollution - angry drivers blaming the truck going too slow (speed limit is 90 kph) taking up too much room in the motorway lanes blah blah blah.

Before anyone says trucks are the curse of the roads spend a day with a trucker and see what they have to put up with. Sure that truck double parks and gets in your way but how else is he supposed to deliver the goods, wait until you are tightly tucked up in bed. I bet that new set of wheels or spoiler for your car took to long to deliver.

Sigh. Another one of these threads

ibtl

for anybody wondering, i googled ibtl

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=IBTL

IBTL:

"In Before The Lock": An abbreviation posted to a thread on a web-based forum when the poster knows that any rational debate has long since been abandoned, and will shortly be locked by the forum administrator.

Original poster: Welfare is bad!

Second poster: Oh yeah? Well, you're a nazi!

Original poster: Oh yeah? Well, you're an idiot!

Third poster: IBTL!

Admin: I'm locking this thread. Nothing to see here, move along.

and:

IBTL:

Itty Bitty Titty Lover

NZ needs some racism, some sexism, some political incorrectness and a f**king kick up the backside.

Hell YES!!

What makes a Dole receiver different from an employed person?? One is lazier then the other. Should the motivated person pay for the lazy person? I think not. Who invented the Dole? They need a bullet. Was it the Queen? Does that convict me of Treason?

Anywho, I support the diesel drivers. Most tourism companies who advertise with flyers and such overseas including prices etc in their adverts are screwed over. They did need notice. I would be majorly pissed if I bugeted a holiday, got to the destination and found out prices had gone up with no notice.

Whats wrong with my "Welfare"...or am I missing something ?? :D

Hell YES!!

What makes a Dole receiver different from an employed person?? One is lazier then the other. Should the motivated person pay for the lazy person? I think not. Who invented the Dole? They need a bullet. Was it the Queen? Does that convict me of Treason?

Anywho, I support the diesel drivers. Most tourism companies who advertise with flyers and such overseas including prices etc in their adverts are screwed over. They did need notice. I would be majorly pissed if I bugeted a holiday, got to the destination and found out prices had gone up with no notice.

Hows the trailer park today?

Unfortunately New Zealand hasn't yet found the compromise between Equity and Inequity, Equality and Inequality.

im gunna go with the truckies...im staying out of this argument though

their standing up for what they think is right...some people do it everytime they want some seabed but some other people cant do it coz they want notice their prices are rising?

hardly seems fair does it?

Hows the trailer park today?

I dont live in a trailer park, I live at the circus you knob ^_^

Hell YES!!

What makes a Dole receiver different from an employed person??

Theyre fresh off the boat

Who wants to hire an adult, with kids and no qualifications? When they could hire a teen for minimum wage, and not worry about firing them.

A trucking firm, Teens cant drive.

I have a few buddies that drive trucks and they earn shitloads.. I think Truck Drivers are the new Farmers, always complaining about being poor but sitting pretty.

Theyre fresh off the boat

I like immigrants. Almost all of them work harder than any native NZ'er I know.

Edited by Eddy

There are countries without welfare systems. They suck.

Seriously, with no dole (etc) I reckon there'd be a significant increase in crime, etc etc. We need to get people into jobs (perhaps by investing - as a country, all of us - in businesses that create output/exports/etc).

I always get a tingle...

TEHE.

A trucking firm, Teens cant drive.

I have a few buddies that drive trucks and they earn shitloads.. I think Truck Drivers are the new Farmers, always complaining about being poor but sitting pretty.

I hope that part about teens not being able to drive is a mighty assumption. Ahhhum. Excuse my driving...

Oh yeah. Most guys at the Mount with nice cars are truckies (or work for Telecom or Vodafone :huh: ). Just another assumption. According to my complete knowledge. :D

Edited by 318mouse

The government's side of the story:

http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/road+us...harges+increase

I'd guess the price change at $40 for a whole bus for a 2000km trip, or $1 a passenger.

There are countries without welfare systems. They suck.

Seriously, with no dole (etc) I reckon there'd be a significant increase in crime, etc etc. We need to get people into jobs (perhaps by investing - as a country, all of us - in businesses that create output/exports/etc).

warehousing jobs, fruit pickers/packers, road workers, lawn mowers in parks etc etc

The whole "protest" annoys the hell out of me. Even more so the blind support the majority of the public is giving truck drivers.

Increased costs is a fact of life. What makes them feel they need to be told before something goes up in price? The only reason this happens in real life is marketing. Air NZ recently announced they were putting up prices. They had no requirement to do so, but made a press release to soften the blow when fares increased (the old, we told you it was happening trick) and also to give shareholders a bit more faith about covering the losses from increased fuel costs.

Poor truck drivers - give me a break! From what I gather, truck drivers are very well paid for what they do. As someone mentioned earlier, they are a bit like farmers, whinging about how hard life is when really they get extremely well rewarded for their efforts. If life was so tough for truck drivers, why are most of them still doing it? The logical thing to do would be moving to another industry. The fact that this isn't happening can only suggest its not such a bad line of work to be in. I have the same issue with school teachers striking, or anyone striking for that matter.

Anyway, why are they so concerned about rising RUC's? It doesn't effect their take home pay each week. As they said it gets passed onto the consumer, and in most cases the individual truckies don't pay for RUC's, the trucking companies do.

What rubs me up the wrong way is the amount of muppets out there shouting "go the truckies!". Most of them don't even know the details of what they are protesting about. It's the pathetic old kiwi battler / any excuse to amongst and cause a fuss syndrome.

Also the rant most of you are having about welfare is pathetic. Are you economists? Have you looked at the actual data? I openly am quite right wing in my views but I don't go out there and shout about immigrants or lazy dole bludgers. If you think its really that bad, please do us all a favour and leave NZ. You could try one of the Scandinavian countries that has very high tax and welfare payments, but happy citizens and a productive economy. You could also try the good old USA, where if you have no job you will get eaten up by the system and have nothing - the flow on effect of this is high crime.

The whole "protest" annoys the hell out of me. Even more so the blind support the majority of the public is giving truck drivers.

Increased costs is a fact of life. What makes them feel they need to be told before something goes up in price? The only reason this happens in real life is marketing. Air NZ recently announced they were putting up prices. They had no requirement to do so, but made a press release to soften the blow when fares increased (the old, we told you it was happening trick) and also to give shareholders a bit more faith about covering the losses from increased fuel costs.

Poor truck drivers - give me a break! From what I gather, truck drivers are very well paid for what they do. As someone mentioned earlier, they are a bit like farmers, whinging about how hard life is when really they get extremely well rewarded for their efforts. If life was so tough for truck drivers, why are most of them still doing it? The logical thing to do would be moving to another industry. The fact that this isn't happening can only suggest its not such a bad line of work to be in. I have the same issue with school teachers striking, or anyone striking for that matter.

Anyway, why are they so concerned about rising RUC's? It doesn't effect their take home pay each week. As they said it gets passed onto the consumer, and in most cases the individual truckies don't pay for RUC's, the trucking companies do.

What rubs me up the wrong way is the amount of muppets out there shouting "go the truckies!". Most of them don't even know the details of what they are protesting about. It's the pathetic old kiwi battler / any excuse to amongst and cause a fuss syndrome.

Also the rant most of you are having about welfare is pathetic. Are you economists? Have you looked at the actual data? I openly am quite right wing in my views but I don't go out there and shout about immigrants or lazy dole bludgers. If you think its really that bad, please do us all a favour and leave NZ. You could try one of the Scandinavian countries that has very high tax and welfare payments, but happy citizens and a productive economy. You could also try the good old USA, where if you have no job you will get eaten up by the system and have nothing - the flow on effect of this is high crime.

You writing a blog Crockett?? :D

Fair enough.

But everything is going up these days price wise. Even alcohol and food prices. $7 for a double shot of Jimmies at my work? Pfft f**k off!

I can see where the Truckies are coming from though.

Everyone has a different point of view.

And different beliefs.

The only way a protest will be heard these days is something huge and unnessisary. To get noticed.

Just like hookers standing on the corner. No one will look if they stand hidden in the shadows.

...Same/diff. To get noticed you gotta be loud and proud.

everything is going up

exept my wages

:angry:

Hah. Pity I don't get paid to go to school. Ahhh. That would be nice.