Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Truckies protest

318mouse, I know your a girl and I should be humping your leg like everyone else on bs... but your continual thread-degenerating antics are getting tiresome...

Cheers

Well don't read my posts then. Miss them out. Simple. F**k. What do you expect. I'm 17. You're...67?? Sorry but I don't have the level of maturity you seem to have.

-1. :(

Thanks for the booster. If my posts are pissing people off I won't post at all.

Lata.

PS. I couldn't give a s**t if guys on bimmersport humped my leg or not. I came on here to seek help about fixing my car. Not for slutting it up and seeking attention. Thats f**king pathetic. And sick.

PPS. Sorry for going off topic guys. :unsure:

Edited by 318mouse

I don't support it... there was little protest from those who are creaming it (the trucking companies), it was just the small guys getting caught up in typical unionist fervour- well, that's what the media presented us with anyway. No one has really mentioned it, but trucks do cause a lot of wear and tear to the nation's roads, it's really only fair that the by and large big, profitable companies behind them pay for their use.

And in case you don't believe they're making plenty, read Mainfreight's investor prospectuses, there's still plenty of money in trucking.

Oh and speaking of the spelling police earlier- did anyone see the trucker's protest banners?! I couldn't even make some of them out! Maybe it was an obscure and slightly misguided white supremacist reference, but 'Klark and Kullen'?!

You might also be surprised at how many of what appear to be 'big company' vehicles are actually owner operators under contract - so they feel it right in the pocket themselves unless they can pass it on. I don't remember seeing too many big rigs parked on the street in St Heliers or Remuera, so I am pretty sure that there is not a bunch of rich listers driving trucks.

As for why are most of them still doing it? I suspect because it puts food on the table and is difficult to walk away from what amounts to a million dollar investment if you are talking about a new tractor trailer unit. Especially if you are a 50 year old that has never done anything else.

Agree 100%

Well don't read my posts then. Miss them out. Simple. F**k. What do you expect. I'm 17. You're...67?? Sorry but I don't have the level of maturity you seem to have.

-1. :(

Thanks for the booster. If my posts are pissing people off I won't post at all.

Lata.

PS. I couldn't give a s**t if guys on bimmersport humped my leg or not. I came on here to seek help about fixing my car. Not for slutting it up and seeking attention. Thats f**king pathetic. And sick.

PPS. Sorry for going off topic guys. :unsure:

You go girl. Why do some guys in this forum behave like 5 year olds - probably because they dont know any better.

I came here for the same reason and maybe meet some other enthusiasts who have knowledge about Beemers.

Time to shut now ;-)

To all ...

Please keep it civil, no need for personal attacks thanks.

cheers

Josh

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier but this little drive around the city protest thing would have used quite a bit of their road milage wouldn't it???

Did they all go to land transport afterwards and "top up" again.

Interesting to see National expoliting the truckie protest in the Octy on Friday.

Had some National hick come up to me with a brochure, so a few of us decided to argue with him about National's policies.

They came up blank and basically contradicted themselves in all ways possible. As much to say, (to girls in a girls public school uniform) "We are going to put more money into private schools"

Interesting to see my mate highlighted in the policies pamhplet -

"John Key is a down to earth New Zealander"

Turn over the page, he's getting close to a THREE YEAR OLD HOLDING A CELLPHONE

I'm sorry but either way New Zealand's f**ked.

interesting read.

trucks can get on with it please, no need to clog up the motorways because there has been a RUC rise. In hindsight the only positive thing about their protest is that it lets the government know that we are ALL fed up with price rises.

Elections coming up - I have no faith in either of the major parties right now, it's sad to see them resorting to dirty tactics so soon and it really does nothing to convince me that they actually do any work. Definitely time for a change, NZfirst/National?

Well said ! but NZ first ? - you have to be joking !!!

Well said ! but NZ first ? - you have to be joking !!!

+100

Survey a month ago in the herald listed professions, highest scoring politican was Helen Clark. in the lowest scoring professions were police and real estate agents.

This weeks politial poll has John Key as the most trusted leader - curious - he has a real estate and share broking background- slimy bastard would exploit anything for a dollar including your country.

As for the truckies - they have been bullying and threatening the government for years, now the Government is in a position to create an alternative to break their strangle hold on transport ( by rebuilding railways) YOU should support them .

NZ is only f**ked if people keep on voting against subjective populist crap rather than for basic principles like

Decent health & Social service, transport , reliability od power suppley etc. If you want these VOte labour - National sold them all off to put cash in their mates pockets.

Labour is now investing in building them up again.

Tax cuts and privatiastion do not deliver a quality of life

God help me but...

There is a light of reason shining here.

God help me but...

There is a light of reason shining here.

Couldnt agree more. Labour is doing everything it can to lose this election but are the alternatives any better than what is happening at the moment. National sold off everything and is now has the balls to criticise Labour for buying back rail !

The basics are the most important thing in life and 3pedals has hit the nail on the head is you ask me.

Unfortunately people do vote on "subjective populist crap".

Hence the reason Winston survives.

There are some things this government does that get up my nose but what alternative??

It seems pretty likely there will be a new government. "People" want "change".

I just wish some of those people would treat choosing a Government a little differently than choosing a new couch. "Don't like the old one - that shiny new one looks better" isn't much of a reason.

I wonder if there'll be any real debate when National actually releases a few policies? Will NZ First release any policies at all? Will Labour ever stop?

I like immigrants. Almost all of them work harder than any native NZ'er I know.

Just out of curiosity what’s a native New Zealander?

You have got a point with you statement towards some new immigrants working hard and I think they do so because of the rat race they have migrated from, in my experience this has only applied to certain races though.

basic principles like decent health & Social service, transport , reliability od power suppley etc. If you want these VOte labour - National sold them all off to put cash in their mates pockets.

Labour is now investing in building them up again.

Didn't Labour try and take a rail carriage away last year and the people partitioned to keep it, they won but it was a close call. Now Labour are investing in them, its a big turn around just before an election, makes you wonder if she got in again would Labour actually go through with it.

On an off topic I wouldn't mind seeing a rail from Auckland to the Eastern coast of the north island.

I was wondering if Labour were suicidal...

That's exactly what I was going to say. I reckon Labour reaalise they are not going to get another term in the beehive, so they just mess everything up, piss everyone off so they can blame the Nats on their next term.

Didn't Labour try and take a rail carriage away last year and the people partitioned to keep it, they won but it was a close call. Now Labour are investing in them, its a big turn around just before an election, makes you wonder if she got in again would Labour actually go through with it.

I think that's hardly a just criticism- the investment in rail is for freight and suburban commuter rail, whereas the petition was for a 'scenic' passenger service- there is no money in long distance passenger rail when domestic flights are comparatively cheap and take much less time. Labour's buyback of the rail system will by and large focus on long distance freight, and commuter passenger rail services, because they are the by far the most used.

The one you speak of (the Overlander, I think it is called?) was/is a loss-making sideline that was under-utilised and probably only survives now because of nostalgic whimsy- I don't think anyone signed the petition because they thought it was a great money-spinner!

However you do reinforce a point that has already been made about populist hysteria coming before logic and sense.

Sure, Labour might have spent a few hundred thousand on hip hop tours and the like. But it's a drop in the bucket compared to the hundreds of millions John Key and his knob-squad are likely to siphon off us and into his banking buddie's hedge funds.

However you do reinforce a point that has already been made about populist hysteria coming before logic and sense.

Sure, Labour might have spent a few hundred thousand on hip hop tours and the like. But it's a drop in the bucket compared to the hundreds of millions John Key and his knob-squad are likely to siphon off us and into his banking buddie's hedge funds.

How is the above comment about hedge funds not "populist hysteria"?

IMO, the main problem Labour has is that people are sick of being told what to do on the small stuff - banning incandescent bulbs being a good example. Surely the government should spend its time on bigger things.

Man I hate them light bulbs, lol. Stupid blue light. It will f**k with peoples eyesight over time.

How is the above comment about hedge funds not "populist hysteria"?

Especially when it sounds like the original poster knows nothing about hedge funds. How can you siphon money into them through government policy???