Sign in to follow this  
silvermace

How do you drive yours?

Looking out the side window.

Prediction: this thread is going to last about 30mins before it turns to crap.

Edited by bravo

Like I stole it, back roads, AIDS off heavy metal cranking (disturbed is good) at full volume.. Unless the missus in the car, then its Phil Collins at level 4, a mochachino and sedate pace.

Actually this being a public forum, I drive to the conditions at all times and when they chance I increases my speed.

Edited by Apex

When driving on motorway I like to shift down to third and step on it... but safety first of course :)

Edited by Simke

like a nanna during the week,except for one section of road.......

If its your first car dude ... best advice (and im not being a twat) is gain some experience with your car before giving it the thrash.

Best way to do this is a track day. you will learn the limits of your vehicle in a 'safe' environment.

In my first two weeks of driving my first car I managed to spinout around a around corner in the wet and end up on someones front lawn. Taught be a shitload about respect for my vehicle and more importantly it gave me my first real experience of "What If". Im glad 16years on I've slowed down a lot on public roads thanks to the NZ police if you catch my drift.

If its your first car dude ... best advice (and im not being a twat) is gain some experience with your car before giving it the thrash.

Best way to do this is a track day. you will learn the limits of your vehicle in a 'safe' environment.

In my first two weeks of driving my first car I managed to spinout around a around corner in the wet and end up on someones front lawn. Taught be a shitload about respect for my vehicle and more importantly it gave me my first real experience of "What If".

:mellow: yea...good advice, thanks :) Edited by Silvermace

Im with Hybrid… Exactly the same boat. Nailed a few curbs, corn fields, road sighs.. hell Papakura was like Hazard county when I was 15!!

A 328i Auto with AIDS on is as safe as houses and if you manage to lose it you are seriously a muppet and should get yourself an FXGT.

I drive to the conditions and when they change I reduce my speed :ph34r:

so when the rain stops and the roads dry you slow down?

I drive like I'm carrying a basket of eggs in my boot. (Or so my girlfriend tells me). Hey, the faster you go, the bigger the mess the bugs and dirt make on your windshield! :D

I drive like I'm carrying a basket of eggs in my boot. (Or so my girlfriend tells me). Hey, the faster you go, the bigger the mess the bugs and dirt make on your windshield! :D

Haha, nice one.

Depends on my pay packet that week :).

Edited by Creaver

Im with Hybrid… Exactly the same boat. Nailed a few curbs, corn fields, road sighs.. hell Papakura was like Hazard county when I was 15!!

A 328i Auto with AIDS on is as safe as houses and if you manage to lose it you are seriously a muppet and should get yourself an FXGT.

Hey, don't knock them FXGT's- I started driving here in NZ with a Jap-spec '86 model, and it was awesome! :D [sigh]

What is AIDS by the way? Last I heard it was an incurable STD, so I'm assuming it's some form of electronic traction control? I'm looking at E30's and E34's as my next purchase, so might be a bit new fangeld for me! lol

Oh, and to answer the question, apparently not very well! lol

how do i drive mine?

however the f**k i want. shes mine

I like the E36 owners manual... states that 'Sport Mode' is for 'enthusiastic' driving ;)

Enthusiasm (á¼Î½Î¸Î¿Ï…σιασμός) root - en-theos = in God. An enthusiast is a person inspired by god.

So basically my BMW in sport mode is god. I like that

I miss my old E30, her ass was much heavier and easier to slide (accidentally of course) than the E36. But 1.8L vs 2.5L ? no brainer......

I wonder if the owner of my old E30 is on here.

in my owners manual...it says.If you have been driving under three thousands revs more a period of time you must drive over three thousand revs for a period of time.....honest officer i MUST do over 150 ks.... it says in my owners manual...

Hey, don't knock them FXGT's- I started driving here in NZ with a Jap-spec '86 model, and it was awesome! :D [sigh]

What is AIDS by the way? Last I heard it was an incurable STD, so I'm assuming it's some form of electronic traction control? I'm looking at E30's and E34's as my next purchase, so might be a bit new fangeld for me! lol

Oh, and to answer the question, apparently not very well! lol

on my 328 ci, there these several main chassis control systems collectively named "DSC" which is as far as i know, is what Sick Puppy is referring to as AIDS:

- ABS brakes

- traction control

- corner brake control

- active stability control

see:

it's a reasonably old technology, but works really well - it takes a bit of getting used to, but significantly improves day-to-day usability of the car, especially in the wet when taking off @ a T-junction or Stop sign.

Edited by Silvermace