Sign in to follow this  
j_tomo

dinan chips-who supplys them?

hey all im after a ecu chip for my baby, 3L m3 euro

there was a guy on trademe selling them but i missed out

does anyone know of a supplyer?

also ive done something to my browser- when i try reading a topic i can see the first post but any after that come up as links that i have to select to veiw them its a right P-I-T-A

thanks in addvance

jeremy

also ive done something to my browser- when i try reading a topic i can see the first post but any after that come up as links that i have to select to veiw them its a right P-I-T-A

thanks in addvance

jeremy

Heaps of Dinan stuff is available cheaply on eBay

Clear Cache and Cookies!!

thanks in addvance

jeremy

IIRC Dinan chips are only supplied by Dinan - everything else is a copy.

You might also want to note that Dinan is an American Tuner and American M3's came out with a completely different engine to the European models. Hence, they may not offer a chip for your car.

Also, as has been pointed out in other threads on this topic, it's worth spending a few extra dollars on having your ECU remapped on a dyno rather than chipping it. Every engine is different and you'll achieve the best results from a tune specifically for your car.

You might also want to note that Dinan is an American Tuner and American M3's came out with a completely different engine to the European models. Hence, they may not offer a chip for your car.

Also, as has been pointed out in other threads on this topic, it's worth spending a few extra dollars on having your ECU remapped on a dyno rather than chipping it. Every engine is different and you'll achieve the best results from a tune specifically for your car.

+1

Be very careful chipping M engines, run them at high rpm with bad tuning chips(too lean etc) & you will burn valves/pistons etc. Have a look on the net, plenty of heads pulled off with the nasty pictures.

GET IT CUSTOM MAPPED IN NZ.

Always wondered what sort of price bracket ecu remapping costst

Always wondered what sort of price bracket ecu remapping costst

thats what im thinking, then again id bet my life its cheaper than a m3 engine

i might just stick with what ive got

Clear Cache and Cookies!!

hmmm??? ive got vista so its over my head lol

thanks guys

jeremy

Im not sure about grey mouth, but Gavin from Hi Velocity is Aucklands best choice for BMWs

Im not sure about grey mouth, but Gavin from Hi Velocity is Aucklands best choice for BMWs

Was thinking about going to Hi Velocity later on this year or next to get a remap, (with advise from Doug).

I'll vouch for Gavin as well. Knows his BMW's, very reasonable, drives an E30 335i, say no more.

+1

Be very careful chipping M engines, run them at high rpm with bad tuning chips(too lean etc) & you will burn valves/pistons etc. Have a look on the net, plenty of heads pulled off with the nasty pictures.

GET IT CUSTOM MAPPED IN NZ.

Had been meaning to post a pic of a melted piston once I found one, coz I love pics of carnage. This is apparently off a turbo E30 which ran accidentally very lean at 26psi of boost:

Posted Image

Awesome!

Had been meaning to post a pic of a melted piston once I found one, coz I love pics of carnage. This is apparently off a turbo E30 which ran accidentally very lean at 26psi of boost:

Awesome!

Carnage Owns.

Supercharger off my mates Kawasaki 15f Jetski - It was 300hp with a Riva Racing kit from the states when it wrecked this. Note the chewed up inside of the supercharger and metal shards.

Now 400hp with a fully forged engine, T28, Autronics etc etc. 85mph+ Built by Edgell Automotive.

post-2185-1217197698_thumb.jpg

post-2185-1217197773_thumb.jpg

post-2185-1217197909_thumb.jpg