Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

E30 320i Racecar

manifold gasket. or the oring for the pipe that is underneath it that goes into the sump..... if it was me i would just leave it... as long as it ran.

manifold gasket. or the oring for the pipe that is underneath it that goes into the sump..... if it was me i would just leave it... as long as it ran.

Yep, thats the plan. Although the exhaust manifold really does need changing...

Got no idea where though!! Seems to settle to an idle now most the time though, sometimes hunts like 2 or 3 times, then settles but generally settles...

And it idles at 1000rpm which im sure is probably too high, but not gonna mess with it now haha

Ok so it started hunting again... badly. Just replaced the crankcase breather hose, which it turns out was rather split, and it runs better and idles lower... Still hunts occasionally around 900-1100rpm, which is quite annoying, and I cannot figure it out at all!! Hopefully its a problem that will just go away over time :unsure:

Oh and I'm bringing it with me to Blenheim for my Airforce pre-entry tech course cos I'm selling my other car... any Bimmersporters in Blenheim?? I'm there from the 31st of May till mid-september when my Recruit Course starts..

Keep an eye out guys, this could be on the market very soon. I'm keen on doing my CPL, so unfortunately something has to give :(.

Cant race and fly... so someone will benefit from all my blood sweat and tears, and hopefully finish her off into a race-winning behemoth. Or at least get her into the series. It wouldnt take much! (Wheels + tyres, transponder etc)

Its gonna be sad to say goodbye :(

Keep an eye out guys, this could be on the market very soon. I'm keen on doing my CPL, so unfortunately something has to give :(.

Cant race and fly... so someone will benefit from all my blood sweat and tears, and hopefully finish her off into a race-winning behemoth. Or at least get her into the series. It wouldnt take much! (Wheels + tyres, transponder etc)

Its gonna be sad to say goodbye :(

=( sad to hear mate.

P.S PLEASSSEEEE Wait til mine sells then put yours on the market =D

=( sad to hear mate.

P.S PLEASSSEEEE Wait til mine sells then put yours on the market =D

To be honest mate, they are at the same stage just about and yours looks better ;)

And mines in wgtn and im in Blenheim lol. But if it has to go it has to go. Unfortunately flying is expensive. I dont do small dreams though haha.

To be honest mate, they are at the same stage just about and yours looks better ;)

And mines in wgtn and im in Blenheim lol. But if it has to go it has to go. Unfortunately flying is expensive. I dont do small dreams though haha.

Nah, you have the Koni's and 4:1 Diff.

Flyings awesome though =D

Maybe you should sell yours and buy mine? Haha keep your wheels and those tyres and youd be almost set. And roadlegal for now... although new owner will need a new authority card as it is linked in to licences.

So as indecisive as I am (and to think i keep giving Nathan sh*t for always changing his mind), I have decided yet again to keep her. What can I say, I'm in love :wub:

New plan is to keep it in a good, running condition with rego on hold etc and look at bringing it back to street legal once i have a good job and am earning heaps.

Meanwhile I am hoping to get it well sorted and somehow make the April 17th Intermarque sprints as a 21st birthday celebration. Screw 21 shots, I want to do 21 laps! So there will be a bit of a determined slog on to get up the funds, and to get things done and organised.

Things to do:

Re-new BMWCC membership

Re-new clubsport licence

Replace left front wheel bearing. (Any advice where to get good, cheap alternatives to the pricy BMW original part? As the current one is a 9 month old aftermarket one and is rooted already.)

Tidy up as much as I can for scrutineering

Arrange transport to said scrutineering (might just drive, if its close enough to Porirua)

Arrange transport to Manfeild. (Unfortunately I no longer have a suitable tow car, nor do I have a trailer. Have previously always had a road legal car :()

Hopefully I can get it done, cos there is nothing else I'd rather do for my 21st.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far. It is greatly appreciated. Feel free to contribute by checking out my current E30 bits for sale thread.

Cheers :D

So as indecisive as I am (and to think i keep giving Nathan sh*t for always changing his mind), I have decided yet again to keep her. What can I say, I'm in love :wub:

New plan is to keep it in a good, running condition with rego on hold etc and look at bringing it back to street legal once i have a good job and am earning heaps.

Meanwhile I am hoping to get it well sorted and somehow make the April 17th Intermarque sprints as a 21st birthday celebration. Screw 21 shots, I want to do 21 laps! So there will be a bit of a determined slog on to get up the funds, and to get things done and organised.

Things to do:

Re-new BMWCC membership

Re-new clubsport licence

Replace left front wheel bearing. (Any advice where to get good, cheap alternatives to the pricy BMW original part? As the current one is a 9 month old aftermarket one and is rooted already.)

Tidy up as much as I can for scrutineering

Arrange transport to said scrutineering (might just drive, if its close enough to Porirua)

Arrange transport to Manfeild. (Unfortunately I no longer have a suitable tow car, nor do I have a trailer. Have previously always had a road legal car :()

Hopefully I can get it done, cos there is nothing else I'd rather do for my 21st.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who has helped me out so far. It is greatly appreciated. Feel free to contribute by checking out my current E30 bits for sale thread.

Cheers :D

Paul that is really good news to hear that you are keeping it!

see you there

Paul that is really good news to hear that you are keeping it!

see you there

Cheers Jono,

Will hopefully manage to get it all sorted in time.