Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Brand Spankin� New Images: BMW M1 Hommage Concept

Posted Image

Some either love it or they hate it. We - absolutely adore it. And to our pleasure, BMW has released some new images of the BMW M1 Hommage Concept that made its debut at the Concorso d’Eleganza 2008 di Villa d’Este.

If you remember anything about this beautiful concept from Bavarian Motor Works, executives said that this was strictly a design study. The concept made its debut with no interior, no engine and no plans for production. It simply had working headlights and a steering. Nonetheless, there are rumors and echos of it throughout BMW of it becoming a production car. Board members say that “Like every BMW concept car, the M1 Hommage is backed by a solid ‘what if we had built it scenario’.” Insiders say that the M1 Hommage is capable of fitting anything from a turbocharged 4-cylinder to a V8 from the M3 or a V12 engine.

Well while you wait for the official word from BMW take a look at these new pictures.

Click through for more images.

BMW M1 Hommage Concept:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

for some reason I don't like it in profile - it looks too squashed.

original M1 kicks ass...where are my pics...

looks like a shark from the front. an eagle from the back. side on its blah..

dont like it at all.

If there were a Back to the Future part 4 this is what they will be the new time machine.

Bet it has a Turbo of some sort.

Ugly face nice hips nice arse. I bet it has amazing presence driving past though

Strikes me as the bastard child of an Alfa 159, BMW 8 series and a Contach!

Must have been some crash!

:)

Edited by camera doctor

I get hooked up on some of the details, but it's pretty badass. Love the double rear badges ala M1, and the 80's rims.

Not too keen on it myself. Front reminds me of the new Dodge Challenger

The car would look better rolling that still. Plus those mags would hypnotize me spinning.

It would be hybrid. Electric FWD for extreme power takeoffs and 7.2L V12 (2x M88 heads on a V12 block)