Sign in to follow this  
central3

New entrant

I'm a first time forum user but a long time bimmer owner.

#2 car's a 94 325 (crimson on grey leather) which I converted to a manual, binned the cat, added a remis rear and dressed it up with an M3 front plus a facelift grill. 210,00km's though and not as fresh as it used to be so:

#1 car's a 03 330 motorsport which I purchased a month ago. Since then its been on blocks in the garage getting a mega clean up. Underside had a good scrub down and an AC cat back exhaust was fitted. Seats and carpets removed cleaned, aired and replaced. Stereo upgraded with a couple of new woofers and an Alpine IPod direct headunit. Exterior buffed, sealed and waxed.

Next step will be to complete a full on engine service, its got signs of an oil leak which I will need to suss out too (front or front/RH side of the engine - air cond compressor has oil on the top of it and the underside of the vanos area feels like there's been oil there too - thinking maybe a cam cover gasket - any comments would be appreciated).

Before it hits the road I'm thinking about adding a few interior/exterior dress up items (AC pedals, handbrake and gear knob plus carbon fibre look look emblems on the bonnet, boot and wheels). Not convinced I'll do this yet though as could look a bit tacky.

For the future - maybe 19's but I like the MS rims for the moment. Don't know what to do with the 325 - originally had planned to trade but was only offered $3K so I've held onto it.

post-3258-1217045032.jpg

Welcome.

Sounds like you are into your beamers in a big way!

$3k sounds a bit insulting for your E36. List some pics of it on here, there are plenty of members who are after manual 6 cylinders. Surely it will fetch more than $5k?

Your 330i sounds nice. Better pics are required!!!

Edited by Crockett

Welcome to Bimmersport.

Nicely done E46- that is so awesome. The white looks fantastic aswell.

Welcome

Jaysus thats clean

I love white E46's! Welcome, you car looks very well looked after!

Welcome! You really know how to keep your car and garage clean. The E46 looks showroom new. I think the stock Motorsport wheels look great, coupled with how mint the car is, it seems a shame to put non-stock parts on it :P

Pic's attached - the E46 is a great drive but the E36 engine sounds so much sweeter. Can't beat it when it comes on the cam - the 330 doesn't come close to it for under bonnet audio

post-3258-1217580058_thumb.jpg

post-3258-1217580129_thumb.jpg

That is a beauty of an e36, love the calypso rot(?) on white leather!

Pic's attached - the E46 is a great drive but the E36 engine sounds so much sweeter. Can't beat it when it comes on the cam - the 330 doesn't come close to it for under bonnet audio

heheh spose you haven't heard a 330 at full noise then ? double vanos sounds quite full on compared to an e36 m50b2x.

Nice car mate, It you do the wheels thing .. I would suggest only one wheel for a white e46. 19x8.5 et35 front 19x9.5 et40 rear BBS CH. :)

Fantastic looking E46 you have their mate, love the white. The stock rims look good to me and anything less than BBS wheels would cheapen the look imo. It become almost original to leave a BMW as it came from the factory, so many aftermarket special editions rolling around.

Maybe a Simota carbon intake is needed to get some induction roar going? The standard intake is well muffled so fitting one of these really opens things up.

Induction - yes I need induction noise. Definitely missing on the 330. The other things that are missing are (1) the surge that comes when the E36 comes "on the cam". The 330 vanos transition is smooth to the point of being undetectable. (2) the "rasp" that the e36 has on the throttle off over-run. On top of all this is that the 330's 170kw doesn't feel like 170kw. My day to day hack is a (sorry) 2004 Nissan Maxima. The book says 177kw but I've pulled off the cat and run a full 2" system and added a K&N filter. The Maxima is markedly quicker than the 330 off the line and when overtaking. Don't get me wrong I am wrapped with the 330 (especially the handling anf the way it absorbes the road) but I don't know if I can do without the sensory stuff and the grunt over the long term. The intake will help both - I need one.