Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Guy finds E36 M3 GT2 in a barn

Read this.... this incredibly lucky dude finds a completely mint but neglected M3 GT2 in some guy's garage in Switzerland.

And get this... he also happens to be a professional car detailer! And I thought I was obsessed with keeping my car clean! This guy is my idol!

Click here and prepare to drool!

What a story!

Thats one keen dude to clean a car to that extent. Amazing result thou.

Cheers

whats a GT2 compared to a standard M3. I'm guessing its the 2nd evolution model with a different spoiler? that or a BMW individual with special colour / colourcoding in the interior.

Edited by Flux

whats a GT2 compared to a standard M3. I'm guessing its the 2nd evolution model with a different spoiler? that or a BMW individual with special colour / colourcoding in the interior.

Text at the top of the post tells you....

#19/50 of a model called the M3 EVO GT2 (EVO individual) it was produced in the twighlight years of the E36 and was offered in a fixed spec to 50 UK customers only. It is basically a 3.2 litre 321bhp EVO in a unique (at the time) colour called Imola Red. The additions over the ‘standard’ EVO were as follows:

Anthracite interior trim with seat centre parts, door inserts and grab handles in Red Nappa Leather

Seat side parts and headrests in Anthracite

Sports steering wheel with air bag

Clear Indicators

GTII Spoiler

Front bumper corner extensions

Harmon Kardon Stereo

Electric rear pop-out windows

Side airbags

What an immaculate example. Those poms can be crazy when it comes to presenting cars!

Beautiful car. But I wouldn't want to drive it after all that cleaning and MONEY spent.

Definately something he will not park at New World.

8000 Pounds on cleaner? Why didn't he just order brand new panels from the factory?

Are you f**king kidding me! Drool is bloody right!

That things awsome!

I can't get over how well it looks, those seats are very cool as is the rest of the interier. The muppet who owned it first needs to be shot.

Edited by Greg111

Absolutely awesome... no other words.

+1 End of story!

At 8000UK pounds, for a pot of wax. thats like 25k nz dollars.thats awesome.

looks better then factory

pity if he did live on a dirt road

What an immaculate example. Those poms can be crazy when it comes to presenting cars!

As he intended to enter a concours, that's hardly surprising about what he did. I am surprised he didn't try to polish all the nuts and bolts under the car.

At 8000UK pounds, for a pot of wax. thats like 25k nz dollars.thats awesome.

looks better then factory

pity if he did live on a dirt road

That comes with a lifetime refill I heard, but he'll get the money back in no time I am sure.

Wax protects the paint and would stay on the car for ages so it would be a good thing if he lives on a dirt road! It doesn’t just wash off! Bar the stupidly expensive wax I don’t see this clean as weird, I do the same with my cars when I get them.

As he intended to enter a concours, that's hardly surprising about what he did. I am surprised he didn't try to polish all the nuts and bolts under the car.

It says somewhere that because he wants to enter it in concours, he'll have to replace all the "tarnished bolts in the engine bay."