Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

Something that may interest you all

502 crate motor - nice! Not too many people prepared to spend money on big block power at the moment. I like your thinking - if you are gonna do it, go the whole hog...

There is no replacement for displacement! ;)

I have always loved the early Camaros and would gladly trade the 330 for a '68 RS 396 4 speed.....

yeh we sorta got a bit carried away on the whole car really, its got hotchkis tubular suspension arms, bag sway bars front and rear, solid chassis and body mounts, air ride with adjustable shocks, willwood four pot drilled brakes all round (rear converted from drums), smaller booster, quick steering box, custom side lights and mirrors and man the list goes on but whats so different about ours is the interior being full leather with eletric porche seats in front and 6 series coupe bmw seats in a custom made frame thing in the back. oh and autometer gagues with carbonfibre dash, and inserts where all the wood trim used to be. Those rs 396's are a tough car mate, we seriously thought about 1st gen but dad wanted 2nd and i wasnt going to complain.

I don't like many american cars, but I like the work and finish that has gone into that one - very nice work!

And I forget the name of it, but I got very drunk in that Irish pub in the photo last time I was in chch! Is it The Bog???

Edited by bravo

I don't like many american cars, but I like the work and finish that has gone into that one - very nice work!

And I forget the name of it, but I got very drunk in that Irish pub in the photo last time I was in chch! Is it The Bog???

ewww the Bog.

Awesome car by the way

thanks for all your comments guys, it really makes it all worth it

It looks so mean... I wouldn't like to be hit by that pointy front end if I was crossing the road!

More reason to cross quickly!

No american muscle in our garage but there is this...

1987 Ford Falcon, was a 3.3 6 cylinder manual.. now its a 416 cubic inch Stroker cleveland, C4, high stall, AU XR8 diff, mallory hyfire ignition, the list goes on..

post-641-1220428232_thumb.jpg

blood nice car! Your dad and yourself should be (obviously are) very proud ... weldone!

I really love the lines.

Beautiful mate,

When I was living in Florida I was driving a 73 Vega. Looks similar but didnt have the nuts as the 70s Camaros.

My favorite car is the 70 SS Chevelle. 454 V8 that idels like a paint shaking machine, lovely.

A mate had one similar to your dads and he lost it on the Onehunga bridge corner coming into Mangere about 15 years ago. Car was screwed but he was alright after a while. Sadest crash I have ever known cos god decided to take the wrong one LOL.

I am a chev fan above all else. My grandfather had a 55 210 and thats the wagon I learnt to drive in. Since then I have owned only my old vega but played around with heaps of chevs. I dropped a 350 into my old Torana and never had a problem with the engine till I sold it 8 years later.

This car is awesome mate. In the 70s Fords mustangs lost there grunt to this cars style. I love your dads taste.

Thats a real car!