Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Check this filth

Check this filth.. Im in disbelief someone could actually do this to a place and I actually thought it was an experiment at first!!

Posted Image

Link: Filth

person must be a heavy user of something illegal or have some mental issue.

Surely you couldnt live there...

OMG! the bathroom!

That is disgusting... person living there obviously has some mental issues.

Nah, not mental, just got addicted to WoW

E: Obviously mental, that PC couldn't handle WoW, but that's what does happen to people who get addicted to the world of fantasy

Edited by ЯЭMMIЯ

Pics aren't working for me. Can someone screen shot them? Cheers.

Me too. I wanna see now!

They must have removed them already, sh*t that was fast!

Um, I guess you had to see them to appreciate how discussing it was :(

Here is another link to the same photos I believe..

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/gall...3416-18,00.html

This sadly reminds me of my granddad, He was diagnosed with dementia about 3 years ago and his place was almost as bad.. well errr maybe not so filthy as in cigarettes, junk food and the state of the bathroom, but at the point where he had chainsaws, grinders, motorbikes, car engines, lawnmowers, old car doors plus all manner of other crap piled up waist high literally in the living room and 2 bedrooms progressing down the hallway and rotting food in the kitchen.

He was crushed by a bulldozer about 28 years ago and is half crippled, so what he had motorbikes and bicycles for we do not know he can hardly walk. But it got to the stage where you could not see the floor. Many times we cleared his house out, and many times he dragged everything back into the house. We fought to keep him out of a "rest home" on account of a promise made to my grandmother on her death bed but unfortunately/fortunately which ever way you look at it mental health have placed him in a rest home. He has rapidly gone down hill since being placed in there, lost all spirit, heartbreaking stuff really. Reality is he will kill himself if he is let out, as he was doing on almost a monthly basis as he cannot control his diabetes in his current state of mind.

But unlike the tenant in that article, my granddad owns the house, what he does is his own business, although we hated all the junk its what kept him happy and "alive". I can't imagine that tenant being in a good state of mind. Poor people that own that property having to foot the bill to clean that up. I'd be tempted to do an insurance job heh. Surely one of those cigarettes could easily catch fire.

Edited by melowpuf

I'm glad you can't smell through the computer, that shits wrong!

There's a wreck of a house currently for sale in a nice central Wellington street, near a place my family own. A man had built this place new, and so the story goes, was jilted by his fiancee, went slightly mad and let the house go to ruin... He died earlier this year, and Public Trust have spent the last few months tidying the place up best they can... I had a look around before it was tidied up, and it was definitely 'squalid', really unpleasant. Here's the estate agency link... imagine it with fifty-plus years of accumulated detritus- he never threw anything away. The garage and clothesline were almost completely covered by vines and bushes.

*Doer- Upper*

It looks tidy, if old, in the earlier photos in the sequence... but that dining room floor seems to have gotten away on him!

Edited by ThreeOneEight

There's a wreck of a house currently for sale in a nice central Wellington street, near a place my family own. A man had built this place new, and so the story goes, was jilted by his fiancee, went slightly mad and let the house go to ruin... He died earlier this year, and Public Trust have spent the last few months tidying the place up best they can... I had a look around before it was tidied up, and it was definitely 'squalid', really unpleasant. Here's the estate agency link... imagine it with fifty-plus years of accumulated detritus- he never threw anything away. The garage and clothesline were almost completely covered by vines and bushes.

*Doer- Upper*

It looks tidy, if old, in the earlier photos in the sequence... but that dining room floor seems to have gotten away on him!

Those first photos seemed o.k but what the hell happened to the floor/roof in the last few photos???

I reckon the location of the house would more than likely get a buyer, could tidy up i sopose.

That real estate agent certainly knows the benefit of hiring a professional photgrapher - wicked photos even if the house is a dump.

Ever watched that show in the UK about people living in dumps? (forget the name). Places equally as bad as the one posted by Graham.

Edited by bravo

Those first photos seemed o.k but what the hell happened to the floor/roof in the last few photos???

I reckon the location of the house would more than likely get a buyer, could tidy up i sopose.

Yea, will probably have three new townhouses on the site by the end of the year! Agreed on the photos, Open2View do a grand job... like I say, it's a huuuuge improvement on the state it was in a few months ago.

I think the iron roof above the dining area gave up about twenty years ago... must have been so cold being inside, no floor!