Sign in to follow this  
briancol

My E36 Coupe. Progress so far.

Well the exterior work on my coupe is almost finished. All I intend doing now is a M3 style front lip, and when I upgrade my exhaust, I will add a new rear diffuser to accomodate the twin pipes that I am putting on.

Modifications so far include, rear spoiler, 18" alloys, Flared rear guards, 35% Black tint, Angel Eyes, M3 rear vision mirrors, Colour coded front grill, kidneys and windscreen wipers. Ps sorry that the pic is a bit out of focus.

post-2989-1223848529_thumb.jpg

Guest Simon*

Looks real hot Brian

Can't stomach the fakie "M" roundels though. Even those carbon grey look BMW ones are better

Nice job!

Holy hell.. that picture is 4MB! Good thing I'm looking at it at work or I'd have used my entire monthly broadband allowance.

Not a fan of the lights or the roundels as Simon mentioned... but otherwise looks good mate!

Looks real hot Brian

Can't stomach the fakie "M" roundels though. Even those carbon grey look BMW ones are better

Nice job!

The ///M roundels were on the car when I imported it and I decided to leave them on because here in Sth. Auckland there are a lot of BMW's and I wanted mine to look a little different. You would be surprised how many people question me as to what brand of car I have. Also the car is a motorsport, so they are applicable.

like I said on the old thread - looks hot. Picture doesn't do it justice - looks better in person. The controversial roundels don't stick out as much viewing the car in the flesh either. Really well-thought out set of cosmetic modifications.

I'm not really one for the e36, but watching it in motion made me almost want one.

looks nice. kinda looks like you have same wheels as me? cant tell though.

The wheels do look the same and probably are.

Thanks to those who complimented the car, but I am annoyed by some critics on this site who make a point of criticising those of us who modify our cars in any way. I have modified my car to make it look a little different from other E36's. I like my Angel eyes and the ///M roundels and frankly don't give a damn if other "purists" find them offensive. Every man to his own, but why criticise other peoples rides just because they make modifications to their car.

Argue that with Chip Foose.

Edited by briancol

well said Brian, I agree with you, people on here are really quick to jump and point fingers. Lets have an amnesty, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

BTW I have seen the car in the flesh and it looks great!

Edited by zenetti

Looking good Brian, the front M3 kit will really set it off!

did you sort out the m3 mirrors in the end?

P.S.

Simon I don't like your wheels, there I said it, not my taste. the first 2 inches of dish I like but from there back there just aren't enough spokes to clean.

Guest Simon*

Simon I don't like your wheels, there I said it, not my taste. the first 2 inches of dish I like but from there back there just aren't enough spokes to clean.

Haha ;) Truthfully I'm not sold on them myself, but hey I'm turning into a deep dish-ophile so they'll do for now

E: I cleaned up the thread :)

Edited by Simon*

Too get back on track from the usual whinging, I say well done on the car, nice to see someone stepping out from the crowd and creating something a little different and personalised, things I like to follow in the build up of my e30. Ignore the haters, its not like you have to impress them ;) only yourself

Chur

Looking good Brian, the front M3 kit will really set it off!

did you sort out the m3 mirrors in the end?

P.S.

Sure did Ollie, they are now RHD ones and if anyone wants to buy a set of genuine M3 LHD mirrors the PM me. Offers around $100.00

well said Brian, I agree with you, people on here are really quick to jump and point fingers. Lets have an amnesty, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

BTW I have seen the car in the flesh and it looks great!

+1