Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Gee....I was quick

Had a really good score today...One suffolk hogget ewe with two 3 month old whethers at foot for $30...yes $30 for the 3 of them

Was only on there for 3 minutes before I hit the buy now

*licks lips* Mmmmm

Please let them be pets

Sorry ....mums got to go in about 4 weeks. The whethers in 2 years when they become hoggets....just put 2 in the freezer last month

Yummmm.

We just bought 2 and put them in the freezer along with a heifer.

Nothing beats the taste of homekill.

Sorry ....mums got to go in about 4 weeks. The whethers in 2 years when they become hoggets....just put 2 in the freezer last month

Do you do home kill?

Yummmm.

We just bought 2 and put them in the freezer along with a heifer.

Nothing beats the taste of homekill.

I get people down at Meremere to do mine...$40 per sheep...all bagged up and sausages made out of the crap. They hang them for me in a cooler for about 7-10...always get great meat doing it that way.. I also supplement their diet and get a better flavour hogget, which I prefer over lamb and the size of chops etc is also on the larger size as well.

I also supplement their diet and get a better flavour hogget, which I prefer over lamb

Not with the old oil you were offering to get rid of earlier I hope !

Do you do home kill?

Hun, you know me.... I'll kill anything at a price... do you have a specific target ?? :P

...sausages made out of the crap...

Ewwww!! That makes me feel sick. I can't eat any part of an animal apart from its muscle, just the thought of eating organs that process the crap that the animal eats and other stuff!

Ewwww!! That makes me feel sick. I can't eat any part of an animal apart from its muscle, just the thought of eating organs that process the crap that the animal eats and other stuff!

I bet you've eaten a big mac though.

Yes, when I was young and controlled by autocratic parents. Seriously though, I probably haven't had takeaways, too much convenience foods etc in 7-8 years.

Its not the crap your thinking of. Its off cuts and the chest cavity flaps...its all good meat...not offal or intestines

You dont eat Mince? Patties? Sausages? There all made out of "crap". (I work part-time in a butchery).

Its not the crap your thinking of. Its off cuts and the chest cavity flaps...its all good meat...not offal or intestines

Depending what it is, can be skin, fat as well as like you say, off-cuts and other bits of meat.

Still doesnt put me off. As long as it tastes good :D

Edited by Kaz

love home kill.

good score Glenn

Black pudding anyone - mmmmm.

We grow our own beef and swap beef for lamb with the neighbours. Need more bacon though. Can't get enough bacon. And I'm too lazy to go into the bush to get some.

love home kill.

good score Glenn

Yes it was. Lambs are going for $70-$80 each at the moment...so $10 each was a great price

I've just filled the freezer with 2 hoggets so I'll sell the ewe for breeding, shes 3yrs old should get $80 for her

Mint Sauce

Apple sauce actually. Far better.

Though if you get pork schnitzel and sirloin steak. Season the steak wrap the schnitzel around the steak and grill/fry that Mmmmmm. Most delicious food source ever. Then you don't even need apple sauce.

Edited by DarkWolf

Black pudding anyone - mmmmm.

Mmm my grandfather used to serve this up to us for breakfast when we were kids. Good stuff.

Mind you we used to eat sheep brains and ox tongue too.....

Apple sauce actually. Far better.

Though if you get pork schnitzel and sirloin steak. Season the steak wrap the schnitzel around the steak and grill/fry that Mmmmmm. Most delicious food source ever. Then you don't even need apple sauce.

Apple sause on steak & lamb ??? you must be joking ?

I think he is thinking about Pork…. Got me thinking about pork now. ""Closes shop and heads to Roast shop""