Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Obama Wins!!

Great result for the US, and the world in general.

Now everyone can settle down and get on with life, and recovering from the current financial hard times.

Will be interesting.

All I can say is I am glad bush is no longer at the helm, hopefully Obama does a good job and stays alive.

This is great news, bit more less hate towards America with his much much much more relaxed foreign polices.

See his victory speech podium? Surrounded in bullet proof glass hahaha, nice work.

A role model for coloured Americans, they can hold their heads up high & say 'We made it'

Who will be out of a job on Saturday night is the next big one?.What direction they will take NZ in the next three years, God help us.

Guest SamSpargo

Everyone has been chanting "change, change, change" for the last year. What is this change, exactly? Do you know? Does anyone? Or is it just the right word to make everyone follow him completely blindly into the next 4 years?

What will probably happen:

Cradle-to-grave social programs

Redistributed weath

Nearly filibuster-proof Senate

The military re-aligned to meals-on-wheels efforts

At least 2 Supreme Court justice nominations

Raised taxes for everyone

Media spin taken to new heights

Oh and:

Posted Image

Will be interesting.

All I can say is I am glad bush is no longer at the helm, hopefully Obama does a good job and stays alive.

My thoughts exactly, hopefully he doesn't get assassinated.

Yep, good on him!! Listen to him speak compared to the present muppet - no comparison.

As said - he will be marked, will need good protection. Some supremesist idiot will no doubt try to get him

A lot of angry white conservatives out there right now.

I think its good, congrats to him, though i don't know if it will actually benefit the U.S. socially in the way some people are saying.

Posted Image

Hahaha Classic! :D

congrats to him, I think it's brilliant that america has a president that seems somewhat competent. I think it's telling that almost all americans overseas and most educated americans voted for obama, everyone in a city in america voted for him (almost..). amazing how much power the rednecks had.

whatever happens, his intentions seem a lot more honourable - america has the potential to be great again, will be nice to see it bounce back

assuming of course none of the current post-apocalyptic scenarios play out!

that black / white factor is oldschool for the younger gen it doesnt exist .. im excited to see how it goes and congrats to him:)

He certainly wanted it the most, lets just hope he can deliver.

Do feel kinda bad for McCain though, he really should have been President for the last 8 years and things would have been completely different

For those interested:

I found this a good speech.

Congrats Obama.

He's such a great speaker, imagine if some in New Zealand politics could speak like this. Looking forward to see what happens in the 6 months.

Hopefully he doesn't do to good of a job, cause then their dollar will strengthen, and it'll cost even more to bring E30 parts :lol:

Still not sure if he will be the solution for the US. Have put him on my dead pool list just after John Travolta ( an insomniac who fly's plane, hes so on borrowed time)

Guest Simon*

Still not sure if he will be the solution for the US. Have put him on my dead pool list just after John Travolta ( an insomniac who fly's plane, hes so on borrowed time)

Haha classic!

Guest Simon*

I heard that now they're renaming the Whitehouse because they have a new President of Colour

"Sweet Home Obama"

;)

The most exciting thing to happen in the free world for decades-the confidence/feel good factor boost alone will be invaluable.The king is dead(we wish),long live the king.

Having had the privelege years ago of seeing presidential security at first hand I can only begin to imagine what it will be like for him.

Will be interesting.

hopefully Obama does a good job and stays alive.

HAHAHAHA Did you see the TV program with the extremists talking about what will happen if Obama is elected? His children will cop it first I think.

I heard that now they're renaming the Whitehouse because they have a new President of Colour

"Sweet Home Obama"

;)

I heard it was being re-named the black house?