Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

where can i find it???

I would say you'd probably have to try overseas for one. Especially if you want everything associated with it.

BTW..What do you intend to fit it into ??....is this a new project ??

Try this Guy

http://www.abloriginalparts.com/

Edited by *Glenn*

There was a guy wrecking a Dakar yellow M3 Evo on trademe a while back... wouldn't know where to contact him though unless he re-lists the engine (which I believe he wanted about $9k for)

Guest FrantiC

I'd love to do the s50b32 swap some day in my e30.

But seriously, You would need atleast a good $10,000 to get started. Going into debt for an engine isn't my cup of tea, Even if it is an s50. Maybe someday I will be rich enough to do a mad swap.. <_<

I'd love to do the s50b32 swap some day in my e30.

But seriously, You would need atleast a good $10,000 to get started. Going into debt for an engine isn't my cup of tea, Even if it is an s50. Maybe someday I will be rich enough to do a mad swap.. <_<

$10,000 wouldnt do it either

I would say you'd probably have to try overseas for one. Especially if you want everything associated with it.

BTW..What do you intend to fit it into ??....is this a new project ??

Try this Guy

http://www.abloriginalparts.com/

Haha, I read that as Aboriginal Parts and wondered what they had to do with BMW’s..

The cost of these engines make it a rather poor bang for your buck, awesome conversion but.

The Internet has killed the day of stumbling across a bargain, everyone is now an opportunist.

Haha, I read that as Aboriginal Parts and wondered what they had to do with BMW’s..

So did I when I first found it :P

Guest FrantiC

$10,000 wouldnt do it either

I know, thats why i said to "get started" (As in buying the engine). Then theres all the stuff for the conversion like the oil pan and pickup, brake booster and everything else for the conversion and all the work involved. Then before you know it your homeless with a half finished motor swap :blink:

Edited by FrantiC

yeh i didnt think they would be cheap. well i want to start building up a moster engine for my e30. no rush. will take a couple of years to do in quiet weekends.

the plan is to make a insane engine. turbo. blueprinted. stroked. balanced. itbs. link. forged internals. the works.

what do you think would be the best bang for buck?

maby a m50 or m52????

Guest FrantiC

yeh i didnt think they would be cheap. well i want to start building up a moster engine for my e30. no rush. will take a couple of years to do in quiet weekends.

the plan is to make a insane engine. turbo. blueprinted. stroked. balanced. itbs. link. forged internals. the works.

maby a m50 or m52????

IMO, m50b28. 24v. Much cheaper and easier to get hold of one. Not really sure what you could do to stroke it, maybe the s50 crank? But I then again I think the cranks where the same in s52b32 and m50b28 or was it the m52 m54? I am so confused right now..

Either way, m3 engines are too expensive and aren't that much greater than the non m engines.. So anything 24v really. IMO theres nothing wrong with the m20 and going the turbo route with that. There are guys in the U.S pushing over 400-500hp with stock internals in the m20.

maby a m50 or m52????

Best bang for your buck is going to come in the form of a 1JZ-GTE..

That way you have a mean engine to start with and can spend all the savings on a making the rest of the car up to task.

Guest FrantiC

Best bang for your buck is going to come in the form of a 1JZ-GTE..

That way you have a mean engine to start with and can spend all the savings on a making the rest of the car up to task.

Yeah true, But I'd prefer to keep mine German powered Lol.

As would I, just throwing what would be the best bang for your buck out there.. No way around the fact you can pick up a Japanese straight six turbo and up size the turbo, injectors, intercooler and so on and get an easy 300kw for minimal costs.

Have seen a 1jz-gte net over 200kw ATW with a simple piggy back.

yeh that would go well but i would really like to stick with a bmw 6 cyl. which would end up being the better motor? not worring about budgets at this point. a m20 or m50?

As would I, just throwing what would be the best bang for your buck out there.. No way around the fact you can pick up a Japanese straight six turbo and up size the turbo, injectors, intercooler and so on and get an easy 300kw for minimal costs.

Have seen a 1jz-gte net over 200kw ATW with a simple piggy back.

Actually the 1UZ-FE (4.0L V8 Quad Cam) has a better pwer to weight ratio. It's actually lighter than the 1JZ/2JZ or even the 3S-GTE (not the NA though). And if you want serious power just supercharge or turbo charge or twin charge it. If you get a later model UZ it actually produces (marginally) more power than the M62TUB44 in the BMW540i though it is down on torque.

Edited by DarkWolf

maby a m50 or m52????

M52B28 WITH A SUPERCHARGER

Have you looked into the supercharger at all Glenn?

Yes...was considering doing it when I go manual & LSD

About $8,000 NSD for a kit X USA

If it was a BMW engine and a crazy power goal, probably an M50 cast iron block but maybe bump up the displacement B28 crank, preferably with custom pistons for slightly lower compression ratio. www.bimmerforums.com has a forced induction section with plenty of discussions on the M50.

The bigger issue in RHD cars (and this applies to 1JZ) is that there is bugger all room to fit a decent downpipe around the steering column. I know plenty of guys have done it, but they are smaller ones, and it will ultimately restrict power.

M50 generally seems to provide more problems with fitting a turbo too - these things need quite a big one, and there is less room than an M20.

An RB25/26 has the exhaust on the good side, but its an RB.

Ummm, I quite like the idea of a 1UZ twin turbo - a couple of small high mount turbos and ironically probably easier to fit a downpipe that fitting headers on them. But its not BMW.

That's my 2c, and all those options are a lot of work.

Edited by CamB

Guest SamSpargo

The only 24v BMW motor I'd go chasing crazy power with is the M50B25NV (non vanos)

They have a much freer flowing head design and (i think) larger combustion chambers than the VANOS versions.

Throw a 2.8 crank at it and drop the compression right down to 8:1 or so.

They're an iron block, so inherently stronger than the alloy B28 versions (for boost, at least)

And Glenn is right, any S50 swap (be it B30 or B32) is going to cost c.20K all said and done.

The wiring is a complete c**t, and so is the EWS system - you need to have the key and ECU from the same car as the motor came from.

Just to get it into the car you'll need E28 M5 engine mounts, E36 engine arms, E34 sump, and in the case of the B32, you need to change to the single rather than the dual pickup oil pump.

The windage tray needs to be modified also.

Depending on which gearbox you go with, you'll need to custom built the gearbox brace and find mounts to support it (either E21 one one side and E30 on the other, or dual E30 mounts with shims).

Then you'll need to custom built your shifter linkage by either bending the rod to clear the driveshaft, or cutting and welding it.

The driveshaft is fairly specific depending on what box you use, the E30 box with require an E30 M3 driveshaft, the E36 ZF box will need an E36 item with custom diff and guibo setup, and if you go with the 6spd, you'll need either a custom driveshaft or an E36 328i automatic one.

Sounding like a 10K job yet?!?!

I can start you off with an m50b25 for a good price - its sitting in my garage 5mins away from you if your interested. pm me.

if i was wuried about the money i wouldnt be planing to make a monster engine. but it sounds like good fun. just throwing some ideas in the air at the moment