Sign in to follow this  
ashy_aye

Impounded!

Good stuff, 325i intake a remap and few more goodies is it?? You’ll have to take us for a blat after next moths meet B)

Yes Graham, I am fitting a set of headers, getting rid of the cat, putting on a twin exhaust system and Remus muffler, Simoto air filter, and remap. Hopefully I should get an extra 25-30 rwhp, but more importantly I am looking for more torque. By the way, I checked with both Glenn and the technical division of BMW (NZ) and there is absolutely no difference between any of of the intake manifolds whatsoever.

Edited by briancol

Yes Graham, I am fitting a set of headers, getting rid of the cat, putting on a twin exhaust system and Remus muffler, Shimoto air filter, and remap. Hopefully I should get an extra 25-30 rwhp, but more importantly I am looking for more torque. By the way, I checked with both Glenn and the technical division of BMW (NZ) and there is absolutely no difference between any of of the intake manifolds whatsoever.

Will be joining you soon at gavins with a similar setup for the e46 ;)

Will be joining you soon at gavins with a similar setup for the e46 ;)

What sort of performance increase do you expect to get?

BTW after this job has been done and the rear diffuser modified, I will contact you regards the photos. Thanks hybrid.

Edited by briancol

I'll be keen to see the outcome of the before and after dynos.

What sort of performance increase do you expect to get?

BTW after this job has been done and the rear diffuser modified, I will contact you regards the photos. Thanks hybrid.

Not sure yet, trailing the before and after with the headers soon.

Currently have SS exhaust with removal of the restrictive two into 1 into 2 pipe after the cats. The eq headers / remap should be a nice addition to all this.

Will install the underdrive pullies I have too.

I'll be keen to see the outcome of the before and after dynos.

I will be posting before and after in a couple of weeks when the jobs done.

there is absolutely no difference between any of of the intake manifolds whatsoever.

Thats not correct Brian.

...Burnouts are hardly the one thing thats killing people on the roads. 370 people have died in car accidents in the last year. 96 accidents have been the result of drunk drivers. Are you going to start a campaign against them? I can't even find one single story singling out drivers doing burnouts as the cause of anyone persons death...

Burnouts = adrenalin

adrenalin + idiots in a car = speeding

speeding = crashing

crashing = injuries + death, and to quote you "370 people have died in car accidents in the last year"

this is why people lose cars for 28 days if they are caught doing burnouts.

Laurence

i know im gonna get flamed for this but oh well, couple of mates did a few burn outs in the weekend at the bottom of a dead end street, bit of smoke and some noise and then we moved on and no one was hurt only some black marks left on the road.

Yes Graham, I am fitting a set of headers, getting rid of the cat, putting on a twin exhaust system and Remus muffler, Simoto air filter, and remap. Hopefully I should get an extra 25-30 rwhp, but more importantly I am looking for more torque. By the way, I checked with both Glenn and the technical division of BMW (NZ) and there is absolutely no difference between any of of the intake manifolds whatsoever.

There is a difference on the M50/M52 Brian. This has been discussed many times before. M50/M52 Intake manifold swaps. However what we discussed was....was there a different manifold on the Japanese Imports. You checked with BMW because I said I had never come accross any differences.

Edited by *Glenn*

burnouts are awesome, as long as you're not being a dickhead about it

I wish there a deoderant that smelt of rubber, petrol and grease. Then i could feel like a man in my office job

Guest FrantiC

Isn't there that law if your car is impounded twice in a 2 year period under the boy racer act, The car gets sent to the crusher?

I would appeal it if that the case, because next time the cars gone.

Isn't there that law if your car is impounded twice in a 2 year period under the boy racer act, The car gets sent to the crusher?

I highly doubt that!

Aussie mate, thank god we dont have Aussie laws.

Have a cousin there that has had his license revoked for 5 yearS!!

Yea, they get it hard, we really have no idea how lucky we are. I have heard of $3,000+ fines and long suspensions.

I’d be advatisport.co.nz if we had their rules.

yea they can crush the car if its impounded twice (with the owner being the driver at the time). *but ive hurd if you sell the car to your brother or friend put sum personal plates on then off when you 'buy' it back its totaly in the clear* if anyone needs any tyres for *wink wink nudge nudge, off road use only, let me know iv decided to get rid ov my stack to avoid temptations. many sizes sum w.o.f'able.