Sign in to follow this  
ashy_aye

Impounded!

Hey the police have impounded my e30 Bmw under the boy-racer act for susstaind loss of traction, when sum one else was driving, it wasnt me or the other regesterd owner. is there any way i can get it relesed from the impound early? ? any help or advice would be greatly apreciated. Thanx.

Have a read of This. Should answer your questions.

My understanding is you can appeal the Police's decision. Although, whether or not its worth it is up to you.

Cheers

Thanx man! im goin to try, the police didnt see it happen, and the driver was not suppost to even be driving the car.

How could they impound your car if they didn't even see it happen? No matter who was driving it! wtf!?! :huh:

Good luck btw.

Edited by Nick021

to be honest the car was doing burnouts, but when the police arived the car was parked up with my m8 in the driverseat, keys in the ignition they saw the marks and the car (which is knowen by the police) said 'u were doing burnouts' he admited it, 15mins later the car was on the back of the tow truck.

Okay say you do goto the police with that, how are you going to explain it?

if the driver wasn't meant to be driving the car, then surely he could be charged with unlawful use of a motor vehicle? even vehicle theft ? is this notjoy riding, whether it be your mate or not.

Edited by bmw3

Although I have some sympathy for you losing your car, I have absolutely no sympathy for what you and your mates were doing.

Frankly I find it a little hard to believe your story in it's entirety. So you and your mates were out doing "burn outs" on the streets of Auckland?

You therefore deserve to have your car impounded.

These are streets you are doing this on. People live and work on these streets. You are putting those peoples lives at risk as well as your own.

If you want to do burn outs, go to Meremere to the track. The streets of Auckland are better off without your kind.

(well i cant deny it i have and do do them) but this time i wasnt even there. i had left my car at our work factory, and we all leave our keys hung up so cars can be manuvered round. during after work drinks a work mate took it apon themselves to do burnouts out front and got caught. and admited to it. so when i got back after my call out my car was gone. my work mate is fronting up with the impound fee but it still pisses me off. if i got caught i would accept it and leave it.

If your story is all true then you may be able to appeal it and get the car back. But at the same time your mate (who sounds like a bloody idiot and has no respect for you) could get the full blame and end up with more charges. In that case I would def appeal.

I'd be pissed if someone jumped in my car when I wasn't there and started doing burnouts in it. Appeal, you never did it or gave anyone permission to.

Get him to pay for all your costs and wear on a cold engine, on tyres, petrol etc.

Sorry...no sympathy at my end either.... do the crime pay the fine

BTW: Keep your car keys in a safer place next time...and maybe look at finding your freinds in other places

Friday after work drinks burnouts, funny how alcohol can make you feel invisible..Good luck.

Just log the car as stolen. Let your 'mate' face the music.

+1

I would be pissed as if my car got impounded for something I didn't do..

Edited by //James

Why is everyone giving this clown sympathy?

Look what he posted. " the car (which is knowen by the police) "

So he has a history of doing 'burnouts'

There is no place on the roads of NZ for people who do this sort of thing, so if he has had his car impounded, whether it was his fault or some one elses, he got what he deserved.

These idiot boy racers have to be stopped.

Edited by briancol

These are streets you are doing this on. People live and work on these streets. You are putting those peoples lives at risk as well as your own.

If you want to do burn outs, go to Meremere to the track. The streets of Auckland are better off without your kind.

I agree that burnouts are annoying and they should face a harsh penalty such as having your car impounded. But i think they should be seen at face value. They don't in my opinion put people's lives at risks, least of all your own. They just destroy the road, and create heaps of noise and smoke.

But yeah, your car, your responsibility to ensure that tools don't get their hands on your keys, so unfortunately i don't think an appeal will be successful.

Well, Im a petrol head and love burnouts and god forgive me for endangering small children and old ladies but I do the odd skid on a road myself, don’t see it as dangerous if you do it in a quiet industrial street. We pay enough to the government to fix our roads so I look it as a tax rebate :lol:

I can think of worse offenses that actually kill people that im sure you’d be guilty of ;)

Hope your vehicle isn't tidy because it certinly won't be when you get it back out, the guys at impound lots don't have any respect for other peoples sh*t. And yeah i'd be looking for mates that don't abuse your own property.

Well, Im a petrol head and love burnouts and god forgive me for endangering small children and old ladies but I do the odd skid on a road myself, don’t see it as dangerous if you do it in a quiet industrial street. We pay enough to the government to fix our roads so I look it as a tax rebate :lol:

I can think of worse offenses that actually kill people that im sure you’d be guilty of ;)

I'm a petrol head too Graham, but I certianly don't go doing burnouts and racing on streets.

My rear tyres cost about $450.00 each so why would I want to wear them out quickly?

If you want to do burnouts, then there are days put aside at Meremere for just that purpose.

And as for the last comment of yours Graham, what a load of crap. How many people have been killed in NZ in the last year by boy racers either doing burnouts, speeding and driving unsafe cars?

How many people have been killed in NZ in the last year by boy racers either doing burnouts, speeding and driving unsafe cars?

Racing, i can think of at least one, over at the mount, probably quite a few more though. Speeding, I'm sure there are heaps that have died. Burnouts? none. I can't see how sitting there (stationary) with your rear wheels spinning is dangerous.

Racing, i can think of at least one, over at the mount, probably quite a few more though. Speeding, I'm sure there are heaps that have died. Burnouts? none. I can't see how sitting there (stationary) with your rear wheels spinning is dangerous.

Well when you're old enough to grow pubic hair you might just understand.

I'm happy to consider your argument, but can you just explain it to me. No need to dish out personal attacks. I'm just trying to understand where your coming from.

Quite easy to lose control if your front brakes don't hold...think about or just grow up!

I think its more exhibitions that are the dangerous part of them. Hurting hte people around you.

Edited by bmw3