Sign in to follow this  
Cale

Google Maps Street View

yeah im a pizza guy so its really handy to be able to see what house your looking for, before you leave. Nothing harder to try and find a house at 10pm when its pissing down with rain and the numbers on the letterbox are all faded!

I wouldn't rely on their street numbers, they have mine WAY wrong.

HAHA thats funny as f*#k, whats the chance of them takin' the pics down my mates road at exactly the moment he's takin' a rubbish drum off the back of his ute.

I've just been thinking - this is going to change how I do work. I can look at a site before I go. I can see what traffic control is required - is there room on the side of the road to park vehicles and machinery? Can I see around the bend, or is it vegetated??

Resource consent applications - show sightlines, look at the current type and grade of access, condition/width of road carriageway.

And heaps more.

I like!

My thoughts exactly!! you're not a surveyor/engineer of some sort??

was done sometime ago.....bloody scary in some ways....our one was done late in the afternoon, both cars are home and can see the shadow of the van that took the photo very clearly in the foreground!quite accurate too,i only had to alter the view a little bit to get square on to our house!

Edited by kiwi535

They didn't get my street.

I guess they didn't want to get the van grubby.

Lol, they started the numbering for my street at the wrong end... my house (12) shows up as 2

Judging by the fuel prices shown at gas stations in my area, they were taken in Oct/Nov last year :D So cool.

My car is in its present state outside my house as always :P Must have been 4 months ago cos neighbors still have trees, they dont now. I think its a good idea, but it can be used for bad things just like everything else, just like people can survey areas for work, thieves can study their target in depth (if they get that forward thinking!)