Sign in to follow this  
Cale

Moari beaches

was just about to post that link up too tony.....plus it's maori...

At least theyre gonna still allow public access, thats the main thing.

BTW tony, some of us do read the articles, not just the headlines :P

Not that that will get you anywhere. Media reporting in this country is lamer than the treaty claims.

I think its time that everyone started to take a more unified view on inter-racial issues in this country. Maori have a fair amount of representation. Many of the issues that affect Maori are not as over-represented by Maori as they used to be and a different means of determining where extra help is required (locality, demographic, income, etc) could be used to help all nzers in the same boat rather than one particular cultural group.

Part of the problem is the fairly vast differences between the typical nzer of european descent and that of maori descent. In some ways it has been a failing of the older members of our society with white parents bemoaning the "bludging maori" and maori parents telling their kids the reason they are poor is the white man.

Both sides need to shut up and get on with it.

Edited by bravo

Why should I believe that article any more than the other one?

I'm sure that won't be the case when a 'New Zealander' turns up at any given beach.

It is not a case of the media exagerating things, but the morals of this claim that has gone through parliament and passed, which has now seggregated races in NZ even more than it already was. I know of NZ born white people being forced to leave some of said beaches already.

the media is really pissing me off lately! reporters might as well be given f**kin guns and a license to kill because the damage they can do is enormous. In saying that though, this new deal, is it necessary?

the media is really pissing me off lately! reporters might as well be given f**kin guns and a license to kill because the damage they can do is enormous. In saying that though, this new deal, is it necessary?

Of course it's not necessary, just another way to f**k off the not already f**ked off NewZealanders.

Price of Marijuana just went down due to the biggest crop ever to be seen in NZ just got planted discreetly near an East Cape beach.....

Thing is, you have to cross the land owned by the Moari to get onto the beach, there was a big row about this last year where the Moari were sticking up fences to stop people. They will just be more awkward now. And whos robbing whos beach of shell fish? Anyone who knows of Howick Beach and Cockle Bay will know what i'm talking about. The fisheries have a field day with them.

Thing is, you have to cross the land owned by the Moari to get onto the beach, there was a big row about this last year where the Moari were sticking up fences to stop people. They will just be more awkward now. And whos robbing whos beach of shell fish? Anyone who knows of Howick Beach and Cockle Bay will know what i'm talking about. The fisheries have a field day with them.

Exactly right Shelley, they are the main revenue source for the Fisheries.

It is the same as Duders beach, always see a Ministry of Fisheries vehicle parked up there.

They can't (but they do) say that NZers are pillaging 'our' shorelines.

More often than not you'll find that beaches closed to the public are enforced by private owners -predominantly non Maori.

I mean seriously, how many beaches have people been kicked off?? I'm guessing far less than the amount they've happily sun-bathed, fished, swam at etc.

I'm sure members here would see no issue with a stolen, or misrepresented (i.e. sold with money owing, speeding tickets, without the actual owners knowledge) BMR being returned to its rightful owner, especially when it's undeniably proven in accordance with the law of this country. Sounds like an episode 'fair go' and would probably make for a great episode if you don't mind waiting 50, 70, hmm maybe a 100 years for an outcome!!

I've seen threads here discussing the injustices of number plates, restrictions on mods, radar detectors, legislation rushed through without time or thought of the impact to other car owners etc. Imagine the issues facing a people trying to maintain international legal rights in their historic homeland, in the face of wide spread media/political fear mongering and general arrogance/ignorance- and I'm not talking about Gaza.

We could all benefit from reading and learning more about our countries political/general history no matter what culture, religion, race or age we are.

I agree with Bravo, we should get on with it - but we ought to try and understand how we/kiwi's got to this point in the first place.

Maybe that's why this thread was started...

Rio

I'm just curious as to what beach I'm going to be sent to, to patrol ? :P (joke)

I've just recently registered in Te Runanga o Ngai Tahu

I'm a descendant from the original 1848 Ngai Tahu Kaumatua Whakapapa list

No sh*t!

Do I ever tell lies ?

My descendants on the list:

Pakinui (Mrs William Harpur) Kaumatua Number 300...file number 322

Te Whe Number 1286

Edited by *Glenn*

I assumed because you were in the English Military, you came over from England land?

I assumed because you were in the English Military, you came over from England land?

Me ??? What are you on about Peter ??

I was in the NZ Army...QA Wai/Wek Squadron RNZEME. I was a tank comander with the LAD

I commanded a APC #65, most of the time I drove it and commanded it at the same time. I did back up with the territorials. Had a great time the 3 yrs I was in there. Missed out on Vietnam :angry: .. bloody govt pulled the plug. I was all ready to go, used up all my leave..got a sh*t load of jabs and was told 3 weeks before I was meant to leave it was all cancelled :angry:

Edited by *Glenn*

This getting more like "This is your life"

I think we should get back on subject

I'm 1/16th native ethnic minority, but not from Gissy. How this going to work?

Can I go on the beach, but only for 1/16th of the time I'd normally take? or is it that just 1/16th of me can be on the beach? Is it just the local moari, and if so does this how will they know?

- On the beach bood tests to determine which tribe you may or may not belong to?

- Carry an Iwi card? (yes I have one - Napui)

- Disply a Moku? (tip: felt tip Moku's wash off - you may get to the surf, but won't be allowed to cross the beach to get out afterwards)

- Talk like BillyT?

- Skin colour;? hey lets copy South Africa, they knew a thing or two about making this work.

I guess with sh*t like this thats where Kebabb shop onwers in the deep south get the idea it's OK to ban Jews.

This racial crap is unacceptable. We are kiwi's, multiculteral. Get used to it.

Edited by jimbo

and was told 3 weeks before I was meant to leave it was all cancelled :angry:

I would count myself lucky Glenn! All that chemical crap our solidiers got exposed too is really hurting them now. I had a neighbour who went to Vietnam, he concieved two badly deformed kids before they were terminated (didn't try again - he and his wife adopted), and is now absolutely riddled with Cancer.

But you would of got a nice payout from the Government last year!! :P

Edited by Eddy