Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

My moan for the day.

Is it just me or does it piss anybody else off when you put your car in to have something done be it a tyres or whatever you get the car back to find either your front or back windscreen festooned in stickers advertising the place.

I always ask please do not put stickers on anything and yet they still get put on. I dunno maybe its just me being fussy. :rolleyes:

I always ask that they don't put stickers on and the once that they did, I refused to pay the bill until they removed them and cleaned the area up.

One guess who the tire place is............"and here is you free puncher repair sticker sir"

Gotta be Dury Tyres. lol Oh wait! Your in Chch. In Auckland it would be Dury Tyres.

Edited by driftit

It’s a family business..

I had Anthony run after me with a sticker once and I didn’t even buy tires!! :D

The worst is when the WOF inspector sticks the WOF sticker on the shade/glare strip along the top of your windscreen and then next time scrapes it off taking half of the glare strip with it!! Grrrrr!!!

Also, I know when my next service is due I don't need a sticker to tell me!

It’s a family business..

I had Anthony run after me with a sticker once and I didn’t even buy tires!! :D

Hahahahah i could just imagine that somebody running after a car with a sticker to put on. :lol:

Gotta be Dury Tyres. lol Oh wait! Your in Chch. In Auckland it would be Dury Tyres.

man they have some douchbags working there. Maybe its just been my experiences with them, but some of the guys working there are thick as sh*t.

haha yeah they have their off days. Ive been there once or twice to get my wheels balanced, and it was a shocking job!

man they have some douchbags working there. Maybe its just been my experiences with them, but some of the guys working there are thick as sh*t.

It’s a family business… maybe the gene pool is running low :lol:

Seriously though, no need to bag a business :ph34r: in my experience you get what you pay for at Drury Tires, if you want fantastic service and product knowledge pay top dollar elsewhere.

I scored some 19" (back when 19†was MASSIVE and rare) wheels for my old Commodore for a heck of a deal from them and when I had a tire blow out they replaced it with a new one no questions asked.

Yeah in some ways i guess i don't mind to much, Always pays to ask about price though.

First guy gave me a quote of $275 per and said I hmmm, Ok will see my brother he works at firestone see if he can get them cheaper for me.

He said hang on will go talk to the boss (as any sales man says), This other guy comes out and says hmmm ok well i think we can do them for $220 and so according to the advice i got from you guys thats a bloody good deal, so always pays to haggle. B) (oh this is from cough tony's cough) in chch. hahahahahah now i have just advertised them :rolleyes:

Edited by presso

if i have received good service i will leave the sticker on....otherwise i take great delight in taking it off myself

This thread has reminded me of something that happened years ago

We used to silicone peoples tyres and spray a very nice deoderant in customers cars when we did a service.

A customer, who was a very good friend was late picking his car up one Friday night. We were having drinkies after work, Herb turned up (late) and had a couple with us, then we all went home. Next morning Herb rings me....I'm in the sh*t....wifey has accused me of having an affair...reason... being late, smelling of beer & perfume. I had to give wifey a ring and straighten things out...so did his boss

We still silicone tyres.... but nothing else

I have a very strict rule now. Never do anything or put anything on a customers car with out their permission.

I even got abused by a little old lady. She came to pick up her car....came storming into the office...." who gave you permission to put new tyres on my car ??"....Mam.....we havent.....we just siliconed your tyres.

I forget what colour red she turned.. hellrot I think :wub:

On another note: when taking your car in for servicing or repairs....its wise to make sure nothing personal is in your car... you'd be amazed to know what we have found when repairing cars...we sometimes have to remove gloveboxes, seats and work in boots.... all toys, personal photos, spare underware etc should be removed :o

I think I could write a book......maybe I should :D

hhahahahah,

that remindes me of when Brent was working up in hern-bay,selling tv's,stereo's etc.

shop also repaired stuff out back.

not cool when they were asked to repair a dildo.

bag it came in smelt alittle fishy. :huh:

M

Edited by BM Weapon aka topcat

We used to silicone peoples tyres and spray a very nice deoderant in customers cars when we did a service.

Glad to hear you don't perfume cars anymore - I would be really hacked off to collect a car and find it smelling like the Bodyshop in the lead up to christmas

A customer, who was a very good friend was late picking his car up one Friday night. We were having drinkies after work, Herb turned up (late) and had a couple with us, then we all went home. Next morning Herb rings me....I'm in the sh*t....wifey has accused me of having an affair...reason... being late, smelling of beer & perfume. I had to give wifey a ring and straighten things out...so did his boss

We still silicone tyres.... but nothing else

I have a very strict rule now. Never do anything or put anything on a customers car with out their permission.

I even got abused by a little old lady. She came to pick up her car....came storming into the office...." who gave you permission to put new tyres on my car ??"....Mam.....we havent.....we just siliconed your tyres.

I forget what colour red she turned.. hellrot I think :wub:

On another note: when taking your car in for servicing or repairs....its wise to make sure nothing personal is in your car... you'd be amazed to know what we have found when repairing cars...we sometimes have to remove gloveboxes, seats and work in boots.... all toys, personal photos, spare underware etc should be removed :o

I think I could write a book......maybe I should :D

I second that point of removing all personal items from vehicles, i remember we once got accussed of stealing a ladys ring from her car whilst in for a service, there was a bit of a debate for a while then all went quiet.....i think she must have found it :lol:

I also found two empty condom wrappers when removing a seat from an old 405 haha.

I had a restaurant owner drop in his car once, he owned 3 Italian restaurants...he left the takings of all three restaurants on the floor of his M3 .. nearly all cash...in a plastic bag...and he left it unlocked in the carpark

I had a restaurant owner drop in his car once, he owned 3 Italian restaurants...he left the takings of all three restaurants on the floor of his M3 .. nearly all cash...in a plastic bag...and he left it unlocked in the carpark

Haha, trusting fellow then, money is a common one we come across all the time too.

Had a cell phone stolen once, the company denied all knowledge and told us we were stupid for leaving a cell phone in the car (which we were) so we waited for the account to arrive and checked the called numbers, on the account was 0800838383 so we tracked down which branch took the call and what address the Pizza was delivered too and went around to the address with a couple of big Maoris that owed us a favour. Surprise surprise , the address was of the fellow who told us we were stupid for leaving the phone in the car.... I dare not speak of how the big Maoris sorted the situation :ph34r:

Edited by Apex

Had a cell phone stolen once, the company denied all knowledge and told us we were stupid for leaving a cell phone in the car (which we were) so we waited for the account to arrive and checked the called numbers, on the account was 0800838383 so we tracked down which branch took the call and what address the Pizza was delivered too and went around to the address with a couple of big Maoris that owed us a favour. Surprise surprise , the address was of the fellow who told us we were stupid for leaving the phone in the car.... I dare not speak of how the big Maoris sorted the situation :ph34r:

good thinking

My daughter had her (prepay)phone stolen,and by the time we had discovered it and gone into telecom with releavant papers the B****s had already changed numbers...racked my brains trying to figure out how to find out who dun it....

Edited by kiwi535

good thinking

My daughter had her (prepay)phone stolen,and by the time we had discovered it and gone into telecom with releavant papers the B****s had already changed numbers...racked my brains trying to figure out how to find out who dun it....

This happened to my son too, took him about 15 mimutes to ring Local Telecom shop and the so and so's had already been in and changed the number :angry:

Surely Telecom should take id and names when they change numbers?? Seems they really don't care about his, and are only interested in getting the topups! They would not give us the new number either - so they protected the villians, not the victim!

Its a prepaid phone with no proof of who owns it. Why should they believe you guys are the owners in the first place ?

Anyway, back on topic please.

I absolutley hate companies putting stickers on my cars. I had Beaurepairs swap some wheels for me on the touring and when I went out to pick it up I had THREE stickers on the car, front side and rear. I gave them what for and they were still reluctant to take them off. Only when I threatened to invoice them them $1000 a month for 'advertising' did they take them off....muppets.

Edited by Penry

We were also acused of stealing a pair of designer sunglasses once when the customer left them in one of our courtesy cars. I always silicon tyres of cars i am working on. it just makes it look so much nicer. but never perfume it as i have heard of some customers being alergic to the smell.

In defence of the sticker part, I have seen cars come in for there 1st service at 45k before. When ask why so late they say they could no longer read the sticker so never bothered to bring it in for service (goodbye warranty).

We were also acused of stealing a pair of designer sunglasses once when the customer left them in one of our courtesy cars. I always silicon tyres of cars i am working on. it just makes it look so much nicer. but never perfume it as i have heard of some customers being alergic to the smell.

In defence of the sticker part, I have seen cars come in for there 1st service at 45k before. When ask why so late they say they could no longer read the sticker so never bothered to bring it in for service (goodbye warranty).

We send out reminders for services and WOFs to prevent that sort of thing from happening.