Sign in to follow this  
edhardley

clutch in your e36 not great? long and heavy?

Yea cheers, I've been pulled up for them once, so usually resort to the plain german ones haha, but they look nice on a dark car.

I take it you photoshoped some letters and/or numbers off the plate because at present its registered as a trailer!

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=H148

Hello sherlock holmes haha, yea its a good site, use it alot. Yes took some letters of, no point in making the registration available to everyone and anyone to have to look up or complain about and so on.

Anyway I guess you were dissapointed when going to check out all the stats haha.

Hello sherlock holmes haha, yea its a good site, use it alot. Yes took some letters of, no point in making the registration available to everyone and anyone to have to look up or complain about and so on.

Anyway I guess you were dissapointed when going to check out all the stats haha.

It's really a 316 isn't it ;) haha.

Nah, not really interested in the car at all to be honest!

Just saw the plate and thought it looked odd.

Edited by 3 SERIES

Hahaha might make it look like that, but no I think I can see the 6-channel manifold haha. Shows there are a few carjam fiends around haha.

Well that's true, i could always try one out.

Just throw a block of 4be2 behind it Greg.

Just throw a block of 4be2 behind it Greg.

Haha ya reckon, went out and had a look before, the pedal basically has to be on the floor for first gear.

After today I can completely vouch for this modification. It has completely changed the feel of the car. Easiest and cheapest performance mod you can do. Took two seconds and I can't believe the difference.

It has reduced the distance you push the clutch in by more than half, giving way faster changes and you're always on the point of engagement allowing more control. Fantastic.

Cheers Ed.

btw, he hasn't paid me to say that! :lol:

After today I can completely vouch for this modification. It has completely changed the feel of the car. Easiest and cheapest performance mod you can do. Took two seconds and I can't believe the difference.

It has reduced the distance you push the clutch in by more than half, giving way faster changes and you're always on the point of engagement allowing more control. Fantastic.

Cheers Ed.

btw, he hasn't paid me to say that! :lol:

Ha ok im sold, be in contact, will make it work somehow.

I just saw thi little mod and thanks to you, my new clutch stop is on its way from USA :)

(im new, just joined the forums haha)

Yongx

The CDV is only on evo E36s and e46s, highly doubt your 328 had one. I'm guessing the clutch stopper doesn't let the clutch come back up so high? Mines basically ingaged about 10mm off the floor but as the clutch wears you would need to remove the stopper to get the most out of the clutch before replacement...right?

My 1995 328i has one and is still in there. maybe its time it goes

Greg

I fitted a Big Boy clutch stop from the states only to fine when my 97 M3 got up normal driving temp I couldn't get it into first gear even when adjusted to the lowest point. The people at the lights must have been thinking what the hell's he up to as I disappeared below the dash trying to take it out. So mines sitting in the garage.

I ended up changing the clutch hose to braid, made a hellva difference. Just a note, there are 2 different types of clutch hose connections at the time I brought mine the braid clutch hose from the states only came with the standard connection not the one for my 97m3 which has a pressure switch so I had to have some mods made to it. Not hard or expensive.

Greg

I fitted a Big Boy clutch stop from the states only to fine when my 97 M3 got up normal driving temp I couldn't get it into first gear even when adjusted to the lowest point. The people at the lights must have been thinking what the hell's he up to as I disappeared below the dash trying to take it out. So mines sitting in the garage.

I ended up changing the clutch hose to braid, made a hellva difference. Just a note, there are 2 different types of clutch hose connections at the time I brought mine the braid clutch hose from the states only came with the standard connection not the one for my 97m3 which has a pressure switch so I had to have some mods made to it. Not hard or expensive.

Did you do this ?? If not, do it

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_techtip/...check_valve.htm

Ha ok im sold, be in contact, will make it work somehow.

The clutch stops are made for all BMW's. You'll find that the thread is too long and hits your brake booster, like mine did. Just wack half an inch off it.

BTW: Yanks expect us to be bright over here, thats why they dont give you instructions how to fit it :P

Edited by *Glenn*