Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

5 Series GT Concept Revealed

5 Series GT Concept Revealed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

Here they are ladies and gentleman, the first photos of the BMW 5 Series GT, Gran Turismo or Progressive Activity Sedan. So what do we have here? A combination between the 7 Series and CS Concept. The BMW 5 Series GT has wheelbase length comparable to the new 7 Series long-wheelbase. As we learned yesterday, due to this, the cabin space is quite large, with lots of legroom and space in the back.

The taillights are similar to the 7 Series, L-shaped and larger than usual. Upfront, BMW continues the trend started by the new 7 Series with a large front-grille. The headlights clearly remind me of the now canceled/postponed BMW CS Concept.

As we expected and guessed, the coupe-rear shape comes from the X6, but with a little bit more headroom. In the back, the hatchback style trunk with the glass that lifts up, is not as bad as some people expected and I believe it fits the car properly. From these photos, we can see the impressive trunk space, something that buyers will enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just cant help but think that with all these 'models' coming out that BMW is watering down the marque.

Who is going to buy a 'baby' GT? Surely if your in the market youd be in a 6 not looking for a cheaper 5.

Yikes, that's hideous.

That's one ugly bastardisation of a BMW!

I agree with the watered down comments.

Stick to the core models, and forget these half-arsed pieces of scrap metal.

Looks like a final 'f**k you!' from Bangle as he left!

Agreed. It looks hideous

girlfriend says " did the original designers die or something"...."he had a stroke while designing it"...."looks like a Mazda crossed with a Chrysler

i say it looks like the guy standing next to it in the 2nd pic

Edited by Jamez

It reminds me of the Brady Bunch house for some reason

I hate those chrome wheels they seem to be slapping on every concept car that comes out at the moment. They look like they've come straight off a rice'd up 94 Accord.

Ugly... but kind of expected that. IMHO E46 was the last good looking car they produced.

Ugly... but kind of expected that. IMHO E46 was the last good looking car they produced.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo E34 :D all downhill from there

Beauty is in the eye of the cheque holder.

By the time most of us could contemplate buying the next generation 5 series the looks may have grown on us… Say ten-fifteen years.

OK - I personally like the X6 - but this is a nightmare. A 5 meter long 4 seater hatch? Yeah Right

Personally not a fan of this, however I was all Ewwwwwwww with the x6 .. But after seeing / sitting in a x6 in black. It was one of the nicest vehicles I had been in.

The thing you have to realise with BMW is the X series and Z series cars are all designed for the US market. hence the big rear lights. I think it will do well with the SoCal dealers. I say this because you look at things the US put out in the SUV range and I puke more when I see them.

Everything is in context to the market its aimed for. This is going to fit right in L.A and with the very american 'GT' badge on the back it just solidifies the whole design.

very ferrari 'super america'

It really does look like the lancer hatchback with a bit of X6 in it. I'm not really sure why they would bother either?

Personally not a fan of this, however I was all Ewwwwwwww with the x6 .. But after seeing / sitting in a x6 in black. It was one of the nicest vehicles I had been in.

The thing you have to realise with BMW is the X series and Z series cars are all designed for the US market. hence the big rear lights. I think it will do well with the SoCal dealers. I say this because you look at things the US put out in the SUV range and I puke more when I see them.

Everything is in context to the market its aimed for. This is going to fit right in L.A and with the very american 'GT' badge on the back it just solidifies the whole design.

very ferrari 'super america'

Well put, that’s what I was meaning in a roundabout kind of way!

I actually like new BMW’s, sure they are quirky but that is what is needed to stand out from the heard now that les “premium†brands are producing some stunning looking cars.

It really does look like the lancer hatchback with a bit of X6 in it. I'm not really sure why they would bother either?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_car

It’s a styling exercise.

damn car designers these days will get away with anything !!!.. look what they did to their flag ship 7 series !!! the last good 7 series was the e38.. then all downhill from there...

i bet a bunch of us in this forum can design a better BMW !!

Edited by Clean&Smoove

Comments on X6.. I love it... I think it has huge road presence and just looks brilliant.

As for this, one think comes to mind... new evo...

and thats DAMN UGLY!