Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

Gotta Love Those Drifters...

Got sent these pics from our resident Dirty Drifter at work, hence the titles "real BMW".

Not sure why anyone would go to those lengths to modify a 3-series for drifting, and as for putting a 2JZ into it as the engine transplant - I would have thought the body would have rejected it?

It has a certain presence about it though, and would look quite intimidating in the Open Class Racing, so not all bad.

post-2707-1234991694_thumb.jpgpost-2707-1234991715_thumb.jpg

Me too.

I think it looks awesome.

Must have lots of space, cos it looks like it's got a v-mounted IC....in front of a straight 6!

Must have lots of space, cos it looks like it's got a v-mounted IC....in front of a straight 6!

Will be mounted where the dash is.

Will be mounted where the dash is.

That's so much win. Like the driftwerks S15, can't find link atm though.

So who's gonna do this to an E30? :P

Mint!

But needs to have the gap on the back bumper where the factory exhaust goes filled.

Drivers name is Ueo. He is one of the worlds best. He is most well known for being able to out "Drift" cars with 2-3X more power than his little 200hp AE86 Toyota.

And the BMW would happily accept the 2JZ. Which is far superior to most common BMW 6's. And of course they are cheap as chips in Japan. And have massive support for aftermarket parts. Making it much cheaper for them to maintain.

Edited by driftit

Id rep a 2J anyday! Such an awesome motor! I always thought the bmw motors were rated a better motor, you read on some of the overseas forums and you will find alot of people on there rather turbo the bmw 6's as they flow much more freely and still love the boost/power.

Whoa is that bmw his car? Seen that video along time ago would have never thought he would own a bmw haha...

Edited by Boost Junky

f**k. Controlling a manji like that is insane!!! I like how he doesnt barely use a handbrake. Real control there