Sign in to follow this  
3 SERIES

BMW 850 CSI

Guest Simon*

Nice! Looks SO mint. Loving the staggered Turbine II's

Hefty price tag at $115K. What is Glenn's mate's Siver one expected to fetch (with lower kms IIRC)?

What is Glenn's mate's Siver one expected to fetch (with lower kms IIRC)?

High 5 figures apparently. It had 20k or so.

Where'd the badges go!!! Now you see em............. now you dont

Guest Ari Gold

So the silver one, Brad's one, and now this one makes 3?

I'd almost guarantee there are more in NZ

Only 4 in NZ.. ours is going on sale this week...21,000km on ours. And only 7 of these built to our build spec in the world. Ours is probably more unique and only 2 owners

Only 4 in NZ.. ours is going on sale this week...21,000km on ours. And only 7 of these built to our build spec in the world. Ours is probably more unique and only 2 owners

Damn-didnt win Lotto :angry:

So the TM one and yours = 50% of NZ's supply on sale.... rare, but apparently not in short supply, LOL.

Edited by CamB

RS500 or CSi...

It's gotta be the RS all day long.

f**k yea,

that RS500 is minta, bit to much bling under the bonnet but you can always take that away, badass car.

I 'd hit that all day long.. soooo much rareness, ft 850 lol

Edited by ED1RTY

Only the one choice 850CSI - that is a seriously rare and special car

That RS500 is way more limited. The BMW BBR T Brodie Brittain engine rips sh*t up and pwns that BMW.

FULLSTOP

EOS

p.s bias as but im sure people will agree...

p.p.s: This is a bmw forum.....

Foot in mouth.... lol

Edited by ED1RTY

I'm sorry... but $115k?

I know these are rare, but they are not BMW's most desired model and you can buy a standard 850i for 1/10th of the price. To be worth $115k it has to be VERY desirable, an 80's M6 is more desirable and is only worth half as much. Remember, this is the same league as Porsche 993 Turbos and Ferrari 355s.

I think the seller must be a bit of dreamer, good on him for trying though! To me (IMHO!) this falls in the same category as the $100k M3 cab - good on the seller for having a go, but you would need to find a very, very special person to purchase at anything near than the asking price.

I'm sorry... but $115k?

I know these are rare, but they are not BMW's most desired model and you can buy a standard 850i for 1/10th of the price. To be worth $115k it has to be VERY desirable, an 80's M6 is more desirable and is only worth half as much. Remember, this is the same league as Porsche 993 Turbos and Ferrari 355s.

I think the seller must be a bit of dreamer, good on him for trying though! To me (IMHO!) this falls in the same category as the $100k M3 cab - good on the seller for having a go, but you would need to find a very, very special person to purchase at anything near than the asking price.

TY.

RS500 had a cash offer at concours of 95k

UK Ford FTMFW

The 850csi just isnt as sought after as it is rare, hence this is way overpriced.

Well I do know this car, I've seen pics of it before but back when it was in Singapore. I'll call Peter and see if I can go and meet him, possibly this weekend.

Looks like a stunner.

There are 4 in the country by the way, my purple one (1994 ex-uk), this red one ex singapore, Glenn's silver one and a black 1994 one from the UK as well.

I'm sorry... but $115k?

why do you ALWAYS come on here and make your feeling re the price of other peoples cars.You never fail. Its their perogative to put whatever price on their car.You DO NOT always have to pipe up and put their value down

My 2c worth

Edited by kiwi535

why do you ALWAYS come on here and make your feeling re the price of other peoples cars.You never fail. Its their perogative to put whatever price on their car.You DO NOT always have to pipe up and put their value down

My 2c worth

Why shouldn't he put forth his opinion?

FWIW, Crockett told Drphta that his car was worth $6k when he was trying to sell it for $10k plus 6 months ago.

2-3 weeks ago, the car sold for ... $6k. I reckon Mr Crockett has a pretty good eye for these things.

"Tell him he's dreaming"

IMO (if im allowed to have one? :D ) This is not a 115k car. I think the owner has based the price on the one's he's seen in the U.S. Completely different market. $60,000 USD = $105,000 NZD

Glenns one looks a better deal at something under $100k-much more specialer!!!! :thumb:

But me, RS500 too-but not at the price.

My 2c worth

Last time I checked, this was a forum. The whole idea about this forum is to discuss BMW's.

This actual thread was started to discuss the car and was not the owner listing it in the for sale section. If something like this is listed, are we expected to say "nice car" and simply move on? I think the original poster thought the outrageous price was a talking point and thus drew our attention to it. As for other car prices I've commented on, 99% of the time it has been when people have asked for the forums opinion on a price or when a car is listed in the Trademe Discussions section.

I will never apologise about letting an opinion be known. The price asked for this car is ridiculous, and everyone knows it. Why are you so sensitive, do you know the seller? If someone lists something for sale at an extremely high price, they open themselves up for discussion. Do you think we should ban newspaper articles talking about how a $10m apartment is way over priced? How about a segment on the 6 o'clock news talking about a restaurant selling mains for $60...

This whole forum is getting a bit too PC for my liking. It's wankers like you that run around acting like quasi school teachers that make this a very boring place to be. I never knocked the car, just commented on its ridiculous price.