Sign in to follow this  
nath

Cheap E34 M5 ?

Black M5

Is it just me or is this verging on the lowest these will ever get?

Guest Ari Gold

Yup, I would say they're at rock bottom, but have you seen the cost of a rebuild on an S38? JTFC it's not a pretty sight (think around the price mark for that one posted).

Yep, there's no such thing as a "cheap" M5! :)

Wonder if Atta's still interested in this?

Such a good looking vehicle!

Yup, I would say they're at rock bottom, but have you seen the cost of a rebuild on an S38? JTFC it's not a pretty sight (think around the price mark for that one posted).

JTFC? What does that mean?

ROFLMAO... IIRC... IMHO...

Is there someone out there in cyberspace who creates a new acronym every day?

Nice M5 by the way (or should that be BTW?), well priced but you would need deep pockets if it turned out to be a dog.

Wonder if Atta's still interested in this?

Such a good looking vehicle!

I have opted to invest and hence funds are fairly tight at the moment.

Having said that, I did flick him a serious offer which I still stand by so it's just a matter of how "desperate" he is to sell.

15k is more than reasonably imo it's just no one is willing to pay that!

Very nice car by the way, I test drove it and the photos don't do it justice.

Has a few minor things needing repair to get it up to mint but definitely nothing major.

Guest Ari Gold

JTFC? What does that mean?

ROFLMAO... IIRC... IMHO...

Is there someone out there in cyberspace who creates a new acronym every day?

Nice M5 by the way (or should that be BTW?), well priced but you would need deep pockets if it turned out to be a dog.

Jesus titty f**king Christ :D

Ah good ole team amerca :D

Guest Simon*

JTFC I like the option of both Turbine 1 and 2 wheel covers - those black ones would look awesome on it I'm sure

I have opted to invest and hence funds are fairly tight at the moment.

Having said that, I did flick him a serious offer which I still stand by so it's just a matter of how "desperate" he is to sell.

15k is more than reasonably imo it's just no one is willing to pay that!

Very nice car by the way, I test drove it and the photos don't do it justice.

Has a few minor things needing repair to get it up to mint but definitely nothing major.

Looks like a minter, as you say if he's desperate then migtht get it for a steal, if not then there's plenty of others out there. Haha like girls i guess.

This car was listed 3 months ago for 20,000 and obviously didnt sell must be a lemon or the guy is desperate as...

BTW I was told Quote "that car is only worth $8000 max and it's a made up M5 as well."

Tread Carefully...

Guest Simon*

BTW I was told Quote "that car is only worth $8000 max and it's a made up M5 as well."

Tread Carefully...

Define "made up M5" oh great knowing one

Do you actually know what real M cars are?

This is so worth 15k. I bet this is the cheapest they will get. Paul can you buy this already

This car was listed 3 months ago for 20,000 and obviously didnt sell must be a lemon or the guy is desperate as...

Tread Carefully...

Hi there,

I am near 100% certain that this car is an ex- Singaporean E34 M5 that landed here circa 2001 and was marketed at Cherry Lane in Glenfield around that time for around $32k. It popped up for sale again around 2 years ago in Invercargill, then Global Prestige in Parnell, Auckland had it for sale for low 20's and it has now resurfaced for sale in Christchurch. I have driven it - not a bad car actually. When it was for sale in Parnell it was looking very tidy too. Had an after-market exhaust but was pretty much original.

There are at least 2 E34 'M5's in NZ that are not genuine cars (520i shells with M5 running gear and engine) but I am certain that if this is the same car that I am thinking of, it is the real deal.

Overall, I undertand that these things have pretty solid engines if they have been serviced and maintained. One of my best friends has a 90 E34 M5 with 200,000 kms on the clock and it is very tight and runs like new.

Saying that, another friend of mine in Melbourne was tracking his 260,000 km E34 M5 a year ago and blew his engine and had to face a $20k re-build. I think if you treat them well, they are quite reliable. The S38 has a duplex timing chain too unlike its predecessor which was one of the problems with the E28 / E24's M88/3 .

You been hearing things? Off the drugs,

This car is easy worth 15k. iWant.

Guest Simon*

Hi there,

I am near 100% certain that this car is an ex- Singaporean E34 M5 that landed here circa 2001

Correct. German assembled ex Singapore car arrived here in 2001

There are at least 2 E34 'M5's in NZ that are not genuine cars (520i shells with M5 running gear and engine) but I am certain that if this is the same car that I am thinking of, it is the real deal.

We know of these other 'hybrids' and they've been discussed here in the past

Overall, I undertand that these things have pretty solid engines if they have been serviced and maintained. One of my best friends has a 90 E34 M5 with 200,000 kms on the clock and it is very tight and runs like new.

Saying that, another friend of mine in Melbourne was tracking his 260,000 km E34 M5 a year ago and blew his engine and had to face a $20k re-build. I think if you treat them well, they are quite reliable. The S38 has a duplex timing chain too unlike its predecessor which was one of the problems with the E28 / E24's M88/3 .

The S38 was the last of the handmade "M" motors too if I remember correctly and as you say, pretty solid when well-loved.

Thanks for your informed comments on this topic :)

I think the price is realistic

Why would you buy an M car and not thrash the granny out of it?

If 20k engine rebuild put you off buying one then should really rather look at a different forum. Toyspeed.org.nz maybe? LOL

Seriously tho the M engines are very close to what you can call a bulletproof especially early 90s ones with single vanos. As long as you respect the car and give its deserved services and not cut corners by letting some backyard mechenics do the work on them cause they are cheap.

These are truely underated ex supercars, very affordable too.

BTW why theres so many e34 540i for sale on trademe all of sudden?

I say this cause I am in the market for one as I sold my e34 few days ago but.....

Yep, car that car is definitely worth 15k.

No, he is not desperate.

No, it's not "Made Up".

And 8K... LOL!

Car is nice, just needs some minor TLC.

Fingers crossed he re-considers >.<

Tread Carefully...

Where the hell do you get your facts from dude?

You make no sense at the best of times!

Why would you buy an M car and not thrash the granny out of it?

If 20k engine rebuild put you off buying one then should really rather look at a different forum. Toyspeed.org.nz maybe? LOL

Seriously tho the M engines are very close to what you can call a bulletproof especially early 90s ones with single vanos. As long as you respect the car and give its deserved services and not cut corners by letting some backyard mechenics do the work on them cause they are cheap.

These are truely underated ex supercars, very affordable too.

Absolutely. They are rare too. Only 524 made in RHD. Unlike other later mass produced ///M cars, there is the rarity factor. In NZ too, there are only around 15-16 cars, including the 4 NZ deliveries.

15k is insane for a M5- only 4-5 years ago they were a $30k car.

If they had around 100kms on the clock, maybe they would command 20-25k, but try finding one. They are such a practical, everyday car type of car that nearly all of them have 150kms + on the clock. My old E24 m6 had a clutch twice as heavy as a E34 M5. Not much fun driving in heavy traffic in Auckland, where as a E34 M5 is a breeze.

Where the hell do you get your facts from dude?

You make no sense at the best of times!

I have emailed the Guy that told me this... that its "made up"

and will let you know why he said that as soon as he replys

I thought It was the real deal too..

Takes 3 minutes to find out with the last 7 numbers of the VIN. Pretty sure I carjam'd it and it was guennie, but apparently now they dont give VINs free anymore. I shoulda checked then, but if Crazy has said it all good (and he's tested it), I'd go for genuine!

I've already said that if my new daughter wasn't born, this would be at my house by now. (roll on lotto tonight!)

* Make: BMW

* Model: M5

* Year: 1991

* Main colour: Black

* Vehicle type: Passenger Car/Van

* Body style: Saloon

* No of seats: 5

* CC rating: 3,535

* Fuel type: Petrol

* Assembly type: Imported Built-Up

* Country of origin: Germany

edit: needs me some turbines... they is sects

Edited by blakamin

That first pic isn't with my old springs was it...........tad low haha.

Ha ha. Nah mate, that aint my car.