Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

e30 325i 1988

Update: So after going on the cruise I feel I need a water temp and oil pressure gauge, can anyone point me in the direction of the cheapest way to do this?

all i need now is some nice wheels as the current ones are stolen from the racecar :)

You should really buy a set of black centered bbs rs 16". Much like Kel's set :D

Guest FrantiC

Update: So after going on the cruise I feel I need a water temp and oil pressure gauge, can anyone point me in the direction of the cheapest way to do this?

oil temp - get a sandwhich plate so you can stick the sensor in there.

water temp, u can get them to fit into your thermostat housing so yeah it's pretty simple - or else you can get metal pipes you fit into your waterpipes somewhere and fit the sensor in.

Update:

Bought a M20B25 engine in parts, is going to play host to my stroker project :)

I remember seeing in a thread all the options you can do on a jpg image? does someone have that at hand?

looking to use a M52B28 crack with 130mm rods and I pistons but the block needs to be bored so it might be wroth using 135mm rods and custom pistons???

not 100% sure on what i want to do yet, suggestions would be appreciated, but I dont want to go nuts on the budget

Edited by Jamez

long time no update.

Planned to spend a bit of tonight taking some pics, so I spent the day cleaning the car up, used heaps on touchup paint on the front to get rid of all the stonechips <_< .

I also installed a 13 button OBC and it seems to work fine, but I cant set the time, the 1,10,100,1000 buttons work as I used them to set the speed function but they just don't do anything when I try to set the time :( am I doing it wrong?

Also installed cruise control but it doesn't do anything when I pull the stalk onto resume :( How can I find out what's failing?

Lastly I attached all the Tech2 properly (tape was never going to last), feel's alot nicer to drive knowing the kit isn't flapping in the wind.

Will post pics later tonight :)

Edited by Jamez

didn't end up taking any pics last night so took some this morning

post-3670-1255115194.jpg

post-3670-1255115205.jpg

post-3670-1255115212.jpg

post-3670-1255115219.jpg

post-3670-1255115230.jpg

post-3670-1255115239.jpg

Guest FrantiC

Posted Image

Sick stance in this photo.

Looks really nice :D

Edited by FrantiC

Nice, RS's represent.

cheers for the comments guys, RS's have changed the car completly, it feels so much nicer to drive, especially with black leather recaro's ect, gets so many looks now, had a guy walk up to me while I was getting out and asked if it was a m3 or just a Mspec BMW :)

This is the pic I like the most, think i'll submit it for the calender :)

post-3670-1255125127.jpg

Edited by Jamez

Only the best people rock smileys only on the drivers side :D

Hot car manperson.

Wow, totally changes the car. RS' rock!

Good stuff Jamez.

Looks incredible! All that effort has paid off man. Can't wait to see where you take this car from here.

Oh, and there is one smiley headlight for sale on TM for like $30 if you want to even out your lighting arrangement. :D

Wow thats come up alright, it looks great on the RS' and the stance is really nice!

In regards to the clock, mine will only adjust if the key isnt turned to ON, itll only do it on ACC, try that.

very nice man, its come up real good

looks real good man, how much in total did it cost you?

I've been keeping record's for everything I buy for this car (except petrol) and I'm still under my initial budget of $3999.99 :)

I've still got a few things to sort out, first thing is swapping the leather from the 4door seats to the coupe seats, ive started but left it for a rainy day.

Also got the OBC to set the time, had to press the reset button heaps, then It co-operated. There are still some gremblins in it, The LIMIT, TIME and TEMP function's work but not the RANGE and SPEED functions :( SPEED just stays at 0km/h and RANGE stays on ----

Cruise control still doesn't work, not sure if its a faulty computer or faulty throttle unit :(

Installed the under dash panel, have kicked it a few times changing gear so I've zip tied it as high as I can get it, problem sorted.

Still can't decide to do with it engine wise, maybe an M50 conversion is on the card's.

post-3670-1255144644.jpg

post-3670-1255144650.jpg

post-3670-1255144654.jpg

Edited by Jamez

So I swapped the leather in and gave the interior a good clean, also took some of the sag out of the front valence by screwing it to the numberplate :)

Anyone know how to adjust the bonnet to sit lower? its abount 5mm to high

Also I have a problem with the right rear wheel bouncing when loosing traction, almost like axle tramp in an American car, anyone know what might be causing it? its definitely not the shock and it only happens at slow speeds.

here's a pic of it in attack mode :) and some others

post-3670-1256271140.jpg

post-3670-1256271164.jpg

post-3670-1256271169.jpg

post-3670-1256271174.jpg

Looking very good! Sorry can't help with your problems though.

Guest FrantiC

Wow very very nice man. Love your car its MINT.

Glad to say I contributed to this beast, my good ol m-tech2 door pods ;)